Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 12:45:20 PM EDT
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone been able to customize a AR mag to fit into a mini14?? Just wondering if it can be done and work.
Brian
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]

I sure hope not
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Other than the Ramline mags, I don't know of any that can go in either weapon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Why would you want to ruin prefectly good AR15/M16 mags to try and work in a mini? Isn't Ruger producing magazines bigger than 5 rounds now that the AWB is over?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Other than the Ramline mags, I don't know of any that can go in either weapon.

I actually found the Ramlines to work quite well back when I had a mini, but it was tight as hell in the mag well on an AR15 or an AR180 (which it is was also supposed to fit).
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why would you want to ruin prefectly good AR15/M16 mags to try and work in a mini? Isn't Ruger producing magazines bigger than 5 rounds now that the AWB is over?

Here we go...........................
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
A few years back there was a company called Ramline that made a 30rd mag for either the AR15 and Mini14. From what I understand, it  only worked so-so in the AR15, it didn't activate the bolt hold open on last round on the AR15, but feed okay. On the Mini14 it function okay. The Ramline company is now gone, but I bet there are some floating around the internet for sale. I would purchase one and find out how they work in your respective gun and with some type of return gurantee if it doesn't function to your satisfaction.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here we go...........................

I couldn't resist............
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a handful of ramlines....I like them.  Function great in both guns, but it is correct that the bolt hold open does not function.  They are smoke/clear, but mine are covered in electrical tape.  I was told to do this to avoid splitting them iwhen dropped.

Dan
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I know you are asking yourself why in the hell would I want to ruin an ar mag for a mini. The reason why is that I only have about 10 mags for the mini and close over 40 for the AR. Here the biggie, I live in california and I cant purchase high caps anymore so I thought, if possible why not take take 10 of the are mags that are reliable and make them work in the mini. Is it possible to get new mag bodies for the mini 14 mags anywhere. The once I have are crap.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A few years back there was a company called Ramline that made a 30rd mag for either the AR15 and Mini14. From what I understand, it  only worked so-so in the AR15, it didn't activate the bolt hold open on last round on the AR15, but feed okay. On the Mini14 it function okay. The Ramline company is now gone, but I bet there are some floating around the internet for sale. I would purchase one and find out how they work in your respective gun and with some type of return gurantee if it doesn't function to your satisfaction.

Ram-line's still around
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Ranger_SXT: I didn't see their mags around a year or 2 after Bill Clinton's '94 AWB, I figured that they went tits up. Same for Calico, they are making a come-back on the expiration of hte '94AWB.
Top Top