Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 6:15:50 AM EDT
Ok... question of the day......

What was your worst blind date?

I've only had one.  I invited a female friend of mine and her fiance over for dinner.  They asked if they could bring a friend of the fiance.  He was Air Force at Clarksdale AFB.  I should have known better when they said she was "real nice".

They showed up and she came to the door with an iguana on her shoulder.   And the iguana was one of her better qualities.  I was polite and we had dinner, but it went absolutely no where.

My friend ended up being my sister-in-law (long story) and I still give her hell about doing me wrong like that.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:17:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Never had one.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#2]
My worst date was about 6 inches shorter than me, wore his hair in a stylish afro and came to the door carrying a suitcase of Blitz beer.  Ah........very difficult to over come first impressions.  I was very worried I'd have to put up with him until all the beer was gone.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Does an "internet meeting" count?

First one: Met a girl on Prodigy chat back in 96. we talked for a few months, even swapped pictures. She looked pretty in he picture. We decided to meet so I took leave and drove from N. VA to Atlanta GA. She lived with another girl and she gave lousy directions so I got lost for an hour. Luckily my anger hid my disappointment... she answered the door and had clearly put on some weight since the picture I had was taken. Since I drove all the way there and had taken a few days leave I was pretty much trapped... so I meade the best of a lousy situation.

Second one: Met another girl on chat. She lived close by so we decided to meet. She had to be at a meeting with her father at a hotel. When I got there she basically told me to hang out and wait for her. What I didn't realize was that she had roped me into a pyramid scam meeting. She ditched left me to the wolves. I was pretty pissed. She wasn't even all that good looking, so I blew her off after that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top