Posted: 8/10/2005 8:52:06 PM EDT
Poll coming.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
WOLVERINES!!!

ibtp
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You were watching Spike tonight, weren't you???
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
eh oh el.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
r oh f el

btw I voted significant
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
is it so wrong i walk out of the house daily  in my full garb of militaria clothing complete with beret, face mask, and ak 47?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
is it so wrong i walk out of the house daily  in my full garb of militaria clothing complete with beret, face mask, and ak 47?

Robert, all that hate's gonna burn you up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#7]
i was on vacation in canada at the time it came out.  my 1st PG-13 movie.  those canadians had no chance with 60 divisions coming thru AK.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it so wrong when I introduce myself to new people I say "Hi my real name is Bill, but please...call me Robert."
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I would say that it hasn't really had an impact on how I view government.  More than likely, it has impacted how I think about "the worst case scenerio".
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never seen it. I saw heat for the first time this year. It's amazing the amount of popularly referenced movies I've never seen. Oh yeah, never saw any of the Dawn of the Dead ones either. I've only seen a COUPLE Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, but I intend to remedy that this weekend!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've never seen it.

WTF!?!?!

Let me say this again:

WTF!?!?!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#12]
oh jeeze, it's just movie, a fantasy.............. some of you people have  some serious issues with reality, if you take a movie as your  views of society and government. but then again this is AR15.com, where reality does not come into play with some of you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've never seen it.

WTF!?!?!

Let me say this again:

WTF!?!?!!

Chill out. Some of our brothers and sisters are, well, a little "different." They're people, too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#14]
j...ju...justttt....t t t t a movie?

JUST A MOVIE!?!
yeah I know but its still fun to get riled up knowing some people are actually that serious about it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
oh jeeze, it's just movie, a fantasy.............. some of you people have  some serious issues with reality, if you take a movie as your  views of society and government. but then again this is AR15.com, where reality does not come into play with some the vast majority of you.

Fixed it for ya' mr. buzzkill!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Red Dawn is most certainly the quintessential ARFCOM fantasy.

Right down to the "Here, take my daughters from the floorboards" scene.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#17]
My views were well formed long before "Red Dawn". I also didn't think it a very good movie.

Insignificant.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Red Dawn is most certainly the quintessential ARFCOM fantasy.

Right down to the "Here, take my daughters from the floorboards" scene.  

LOL
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
oh jeeze, it's just movie, a fantasy.............. some of you people have  some serious issues with reality, if you take a movie as your  views of society and government. but then again this is AR15.com, where reality does not come into play with some of you.

Why are you here?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Development of my views? Completely insignificant.  My views were held before I first saw the movie, and I'm not exactly the type to define my worldview by a Patrick Swayze/Charlie Sheen movie.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Development of my views? Completely insignificant.  My views were held before I first saw the movie, and I'm not exactly the type to define my worldview by a Patrick Swayze/Charlie Sheen movie.

yeah me neither, I developed mine from Ron Jeremy and John Holmes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#23]
It's an implausible work of fiction, a 2 hour escape from reality.

Frankly, I base more of my life around "Showgirls". Well, at least 5 minutes of bathroom time each day.

I can't believe grown men even contemplate this shit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I would say that it hasn't really had an impact on how I view government.

Government, in general, no.

Democrats, in particular, yes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow what a question. . . Let's see, what year was Red Dawn released?  
I'd really have to think about this one for a minute or two. I think my outlook really changed after my father made my watch this movie ~

"The Day After, a dramatization of the effects of a hypothetical nuclear attack on the United States was one of the biggest media events of the 1980s. Programmed by ABC on Sunday, 20 November 1983, The Day After was watched by an estimated half the adult population, the largest audience for a made-for-TV movie to that time. The movie was broadcast after weeks of advance publicity, fueled by White House nervousness about its anti-nuclear "bias". ABC had distributed a half-million "viewer's guides" and discussion groups were organized around the country. A studio discussion, in which Secretary of State took part, was conducted following the program. The advance publicity was unprecedented in scale. It centered on the slogan "THE DAY AFTER--Beyond Imagining. The starkly realistic drama of nuclear confrontation and its devastating effect on a group of average American citizens..."

Who remembers that movie?  

I saw Red Dawn later down the road I think.  
I was still pretty young, and by then I was already scared to death of Russia, & the thought of nuclear war, or any kind of war for that matter.
But after seeing Red Dawn, I was like, "hell yeah, come fuck with us will ya. . .

WOLVERINES!

Anyway, these two movies definitely had a significant impact on my sociopolitical outlook as a young man,
and I wouldn't make my kid watch either one of them unless they were old enough to understand the context entirely.  

M4-CQBR

Sic vis pacem para bellum.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Red Dawn and The Day After are just two extra excuses we use to make buying more guns and ammo we don't really need seem more jutifiable.

Nothing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah me neither, I developed mine from Ron Jeremy and John Holmes.

I prefer Adam Sandler myself.  Really taps into my mentality.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#28]
hte only thing that would have made Red Dawn better is if the Wolverines had managed to find M4geries but since they weren't invented yet I could have handles some type of CAR
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I didn't see it, that I remembered anyway, until my views were pretty much set.
but the movie didn't run against those views
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Erica: What makes us diferent from them Jed?

Jed: We live here!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#31]
I was in high school when I first watched it. Thought it was a cool movie and thought that Jennifer Gray and Ally Sheedy (sp?) were hot!

Now that Im pushing 40 I still think its a cool movie and I need to watch it again.

I also know that it's "only" a movie, but, do you think that could actually happen on the CONUS? Not being a smartass just trying to see if you guys think that a scenario like that could develope?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I also know that it's "only" a movie, but, do you think that could actually happen on the CONUS? Not being a smartass just trying to see if you guys think that a scenario like that could develope?

Yes its already happened 22 million are amongst us and we've already lost.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've never seen it.

WTF!?!?!

Let me say this again:

WTF!?!?!!

Chill out. Some of our brothers and sisters are, well, a little "different." They're people, too.

Yeah man, cut me some slack. I'm just over here in the corner, in my helmet, drooling and listening to my transistor radio...OK?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Some parts are good, some parts are eye candy.

How about the Cuban/Nicaraguans infilitrating as illegals onto US military bases? That's mentioned.

Quoted:
but since they weren't invented yet I could have handles some type of CAR

I know your joking around, but since they started with hunting rifles and then captured all their other gear, it makes sense to just use what your enemy uses, from a logistical sense.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Something like this could happen, in a sense, but it definitely wouldn't be like a movie.  I think we'd be more likely to be fighting our own govt or at least some part of it, and we'd be getting our asses crushed with tanks and shit like that.  After all, they can pull some serious shit resulting in a revolution, then the news just calls the revolutionaries "terrorists" or "militants" and the govt sends the National Guard to restore order.  That's how it would look to mainstream America.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Wow what a question. . . Let's see, what year was Red Dawn released?  
I'd really have to think about this one for a minute or two. I think my outlook really changed after my father made my watch this movie ~

"The Day After, a dramatization of the effects of a hypothetical nuclear attack on the United States was one of the biggest media events of the 1980s. Programmed by ABC on Sunday, 20 November 1983, The Day After was watched by an estimated half the adult population, the largest audience for a made-for-TV movie to that time. The movie was broadcast after weeks of advance publicity, fueled by White House nervousness about its anti-nuclear "bias". ABC had distributed a half-million "viewer's guides" and discussion groups were organized around the country. A studio discussion, in which Secretary of State took part, was conducted following the program. The advance publicity was unprecedented in scale. It centered on the slogan "THE DAY AFTER--Beyond Imagining. The starkly realistic drama of nuclear confrontation and its devastating effect on a group of average American citizens..."

Who remembers that movie?  

I saw Red Dawn later down the road I think.  
I was still pretty young, and by then I was already scared to death of Russia, & the thought of nuclear war, or any kind of war for that matter.
But after seeing Red Dawn, I was like, "hell yeah, come fuck with us will ya. . .

WOLVERINES!

img50.imageshack.us/img50/2976/199610382642ba16736161f7to.gif    

Anyway, these two movies definitely had a significant impact on my sociopolitical outlook as a young man,
and I wouldn't make my kid watch either one of them unless they were old enough to understand the context entirely.  

M4-CQBR
us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mo/cg_punisher2poster.jpg
Sic vis pacem para bellum.
tinypic.com/a2wvgm.gif  

I saw both. The one (a miniseries actually) to see was "Amerika."

I have "The Day After" on DVD.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've never seen it.

WTF!?!?!

Let me say this again:

WTF!?!?!!

Yeah man, cut me some slack. I'm just over here in the corner, in my helmet, drooling and listening to my transistor radio...OK?

hatebreed
Team Member Bronze Contributor
Tattooed Freak

Post Number :: 1413

4 years and no Red Dawn???  

Four years? My uncle was telling me how cool Red Dawn was 21 years ago man. I get around to stuff when I get around to it. Don't pressure me ok? I don't wanna have another "episode!"
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have "The Day After" on DVD.

Would you per chance need a place for an off-site backup?

I actually have it on VCD too if you want them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I've never been able to sit through the whole thimg.  About the time they get to the woods is the time I realize I have something eles I should be doing and leave...  

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Red Dawn was significant for me in the fact that it opened my eyes to the stunning amount of denial in Liberals.
When ever subject of conversation turned to the movie, they either spouted incoherent hate or just when into a quite rage.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#45]
I was an extra in the movie, The Day After.   It was shot in Lawrence, Kansas.  I'm from a small town near there and was 10 years old at the time.  I had to play dead and lay in a road ditch...covered in flour (to imitate lime sprinkled on the dead).  I remember it like yesterday.

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:45:01 AM EDT
[#46]

I was in high school when I first watched it. Thought it was a cool movie and thought that Jennifer Gray and Ally Sheedy (sp?) were hot!

Leah Thompson was in it, not Ally.

I was also in my early teens when the movie showed (14-15) and the whole idea of playing in the woods and playing American mujhadeen against communist invaders (with Leah Thompson) was the ultimate fantasy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:55:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Leah Thompson was in it, not Ally.

I made 10.00 of a bet once. Someone was no sure it was ally sheedy....

Rookies
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:50:37 AM EDT
[#48]
The re-education camps have already been built in MASS.  They're called public schools.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Tag for the day after D/L
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I saw both. The one (a miniseries actually) to see was "Amerika."

I only liked the beginning of Amerika. It got a little too long and boring.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top