Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 3:40:03 PM EDT
I know there was a topic discussing this before, but I cannot seem to find it.

Anyhow, I didn't think too much of it until I went to get extra copies of my dealer's FFL to send out to a dealer in MT (first one got lost in the mail apparently), when my FFL dealer gave me a long speech about how the ATF now accepts faxed copies of the FFL. I told him that I did read the newsletter and saw that.

CYA is probably priority #1 but has anyone used the new ATF-accepted method? It seems to make more sense and is faster than mailing it. Using FFL Ez Check should tell you if the FFL is bad or not anyhow. A "signed in ink" FFL never made sense since it's a photocopy with someone's inked signature.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The bulletin should be on the BATF site. I got mine the other day.

This is something that should have been implemented the same time as the EZ Check. Snail-Mail is dead.

I haven't faxed my FFL to anyone yet but am anticipating BS due to the vast amount of dumb-ass clueless 01's out there...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone should adopt it. Why be scared? They put it in print!!! I sure will do it!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

...And my personal favorite "YOU MUST NEVER ABBREVIATE ON THE 4473 form!!".....

I have re-filled out more dang 4473 for abreviating Tennessee as TN!!! But, either do it the way they say or no gun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top