Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:40:08 AM EDT
As not to shit/hi-jack in his thread I thought I'd ask here.  Honestly what roll does the .41 Magnum fill that the .357, or .44 spec/.44 Mag doesn't?  I mean is there some animal that is better handeled with the .41 that the lower powered .357 wouldn't/couldn't or that the .44 Mag would simply be overkill?

Ofcourse I can understand that if your shooting the .41 mag simply because you preffer it, I'm just wondering about the ballistic aspect's of the round compaired to the aforementioned.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
The .41 mag is a better hunting round than the .357 mag (too small in my opinion).  It also has less felt recoil than a .44 mag.  It is a very versatile round.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a good friend who is a .41 enthusiast.  He has several revolvers in that caliber - IIRC it's the only caliber of revolver he even owns.

I told him almost 20 years ago that he'd better learn to hand-load, because eventually he wouldn't be able to find factory-loaded .41s...

... the Amazing Kreskin I ain't!

FWIW, the last time I saw him he asked how me much factory 6.8SPC I'd been able to lay my hands on so far...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The .41 mag is a better hunting round than the .357 mag (too small in my opinion).  It also has less felt recoil than a .44 mag.  It is a very versatile round.

Good info.  Anyone else have an opinion on this caliber?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

FWIW, the last time I saw him he asked how me much factory 6.8SPC I'd been able to lay my hands on so far...

Damn, that's a low blow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top