Foxnews.com
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:21:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:22:56 AM EDT
[#2]
WOW, this is something you dont see everyday, Rappers with illegal weapons
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:24:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Twelve members of rap superstar 50 Cent's (search) G-Unit (search) posse — including top hip-hop performers Lloyd Banks (search) and Young Buck (search) — were arraigned on weapons charges Tuesday after cops stopped their van and found two loaded guns.

The van had just left New York City's Madison Square Garden following a sold-out concert by "Fitty" and Eminem when it was pulled over for running a red light at 11:45 p.m. Monday.

"They were all acting a little antsy, so officers made them get out of the vehicle and they found the weapons — both loaded," a police source said.

All 12 were charged with criminal possession of a weapon, punishable by up to seven years behind bars.

One of the weapons was discovered under the seat of G-Unit security guard Paul McFarlane, 29, and the second was being carried by another security guard, Stephen Roker, 29, police said.

McFarlane, who later told cops he owned the weapon under his seat, was released on $5,000 bail and Roker on $10,000 bail.

Authorities said both guns were registered in other states, but not in New York.

Of the 10 other men, three are performers: Christopher Lloyde, 23, a childhood friend of 50 Cent who performs as Lloyd Banks; David Brown, 24, who raps as Young Buck; and Curtis Williams, 29, whose stage name is Spider Loc.

Wildly successful Banks sometimes performs in a bulletproof vest; Young Buck is a former crack dealer who has pleaded not guilty to knifing a man at the Vibe Awards (search) in Santa Monica last November; and Spider Loc is a former Crips gang member.

Also busted were Clinton Skinner, 41, Eugene Cedric, 26, Horace Fowler, 22, Terrence LaJuan, 29, Terry Biles, 35, Ronald Knight, 20, and Dante Reed, 27.

And Daryl Lighty, 37, was arrested for obstructing governmental administration when he tried to interfere with cops who had stopped the van.

A swarm of fans greeted the posse as they left Manhattan Criminal Court Tuesday, including one gushing female court officer who beamed at Lloyd, yelling: "Remember, Lloyd, get a [gun] license in every state!"

Lloyd then took off his shirt to reveal a wife-beater undershirt — his bulging muscles adorned with tattoos — as the fans went wild.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:25:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh my dear Lord how I hate 50 Cent.  I want to ask the guy who shot him nine times why he didn't shoot him ten.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]

What a buncha beezatches.....

12 Members of 50 Cent's G-Unit Nabbed on Weapons Charges
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
By Laura Italiano, Larry Celona and Bill Hoffmann

Twelve members of rap superstar 50 Cent's (search) G-Unit (search) posse — including top hip-hop performers Lloyd Banks (search) and Young Buck (search) — were arraigned on weapons charges Tuesday after cops stopped their van and found two loaded guns.

The van had just left New York City's Madison Square Garden following a sold-out concert by "Fitty" and Eminem when it was pulled over for running a red light at 11:45 p.m. Monday.

"They were all acting a little antsy, so officers made them get out of the vehicle and they found the weapons — both loaded," a police source said.

All 12 were charged with criminal possession of a weapon, punishable by up to seven years behind bars.

One of the weapons was discovered under the seat of G-Unit security guard Paul McFarlane, 29, and the second was being carried by another security guard, Stephen Roker, 29, police said.

McFarlane, who later told cops he owned the weapon under his seat, was released on $5,000 bail and Roker on $10,000 bail.

Authorities said both guns were registered in other states, but not in New York.  

Of the 10 other men, three are performers: Christopher Lloyde, 23, a childhood friend of 50 Cent who performs as Lloyd Banks; David Brown, 24, who raps as Young Buck; and Curtis Williams, 29, whose stage name is Spider Loc.

Wildly successful Banks sometimes performs in a bulletproof vest; Young Buck is a former crack dealer who has pleaded not guilty to knifing a man at the Vibe Awards (search) in Santa Monica last November; and Spider Loc is a former Crips gang member.

Also busted were Clinton Skinner, 41, Eugene Cedric, 26, Horace Fowler, 22, Terrence LaJuan, 29, Terry Biles, 35, Ronald Knight, 20, and Dante Reed, 27.

And Daryl Lighty, 37, was arrested for obstructing governmental administration when he tried to interfere with cops who had stopped the van.

A swarm of fans greeted the posse as they left Manhattan Criminal Court Tuesday, including one gushing female court officer who beamed at Lloyd, yelling: "Remember, Lloyd, get a [gun] license in every state!"       WTF  

Lloyd then took off his shirt to reveal a wife-beater undershirt — his bulging muscles adorned with tattoos — as the fans went wild.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted: WOW, this is something you dont see everyday, Rappers with illegal weapons
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Oh my dear Lord how I hate 50 Cent.  I want to ask the guy who shot him nine times why he didn't shoot him ten.

i have always wondered about this being shot 9 times thing.

must have been airsoft. a tenth wouldn't have helped any.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:27:56 AM EDT
[#8]

A swarm of fans greeted the posse as they left Manhattan Criminal Court Tuesday, including one gushing female court officer who beamed at Lloyd, yelling: "Remember, Lloyd, get a [gun] license in every state!"

Yeah, F the 2nd Amendment - beg for your right in every state, man.

I am absolutely no fan of da fitty, but damn, 7 years for a pistol?  Almost sounds like getting caught in Mexico with a firearm
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:28:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Imagine that,  thug rappers with guns...

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:31:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Ok what I don't get here is if the two guys have said the gun were theirs, then why is EVERYONE being charged?? How can you say 12 people were in possession of the guns, when two people said they were thiers??

Oh well a bunch of dumbasses anyway.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:32:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

have
must have been airsoft. a tenth wouldn't have helped any.

It would if the guy had learned how to shoot properly.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:33:13 AM EDT
[#12]
These gangs and their supporting rappers need to be systematically removed from the planet like you would handle any termite or roach.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:33:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I know most people here think "negroes" should'nt have guns, but this is pure bullshit that could happen to anyone. It's part of NYC's gungrabbing politics. They found two guns but charge 12! fucking people with illegal gun possession? WTF?! oh wait so they broke the law cause they did'nt have a permit, well guess what? no one can get a permit for a handgun in NYC unless they are cops or judges or some politically connected people like that. And the penalty ? 7 years? I think first time offender rapists get 5 max! Today the hiphoppers, tomorrow the patriots (and i aint talkin about the football team )
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Let me check the crystal ball.....I'm seeing, I'm seeing......huge cash payments and slaps on the wrists....and increased record sales as the 12-20 year olds respect the new street cred playaaaaaah!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:35:52 AM EDT
[#15]
50 Cent - Proof that 9mm isnt enough gun.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Further proof that crackheads and gang members can someday turn their lives arouind and become criminals!

Judge should give em fitty years.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let me check the crystal ball.....I'm seeing, I'm seeing......huge cash payments and slaps on the wrists....and increased record sales as the 12-20 year olds respect the new street cred playaaaaaah!

Tru dat!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I know most people here think "negroes" should'nt have guns,

What type of dumb assed statement is that?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:38:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

+1, take that racist bullshit down the road.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Must be a law in NY State or NYC that says if one illegal XYZ thing is found in the vehicle all can be charged.  I'm sure the ones who didn't actually have the guns on them (or owned the guns for that matter) will either plea away the big charges and face a lesser crime and sentance.  

I DO NOT like anything "Fiddy sents" stands for but I think its BS that NY can charge what they have charged.  DO NOT EVER BRING A PISTOL INTO NY STATE unless its already been registered in NY state.  You will face the same charges as da G-unit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:42:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ok what I don't get here is if the two guys have said the gun were theirs, then why is EVERYONE being charged?? How can you say 12 people were in possession of the guns, when two people said they were thiers??

Must be the NY public shool system.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Remind me again why 12 people are being charged when 2 people fessed up to owning and carrying the weapons?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:46:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Remind me again why 12 people are being charged when 2 people fessed up to owning and carrying the weapons?

If the firearms are under the seat, would they not be in the area of control for anyone in the car? (or however it is legally worded?)

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
These gangs and their supporting rappers need to be systematically removed from the planet like you would handle any termite or roach.  

I feel the same way sometimes. Unfortunately the thug culture is the vision democrats and liberals have for America. Then the shoe companies used .50 for an add where tehy make him look al cool because he got shot a bunch of times. Yeah, lets arm those retards. Guys like that are the reason we have gun laws and some of our members champion their idiocy with weapons.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:49:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#27]
If the guns were posessed by non-felons (which is difficult to say with a bunch of rappers) then this is nothing more than BS NY gun law crap.

Remember that they will happily nail you or me with the same laws.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:01:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They found two guns but charge 12! fucking people with illegal gun possession? WTF?!

Yep, no one wants to own up to the gun....you're all going to the precinct house in cuffs till we figure out who's who and whats up. Does that bother you somehow?

If you're legally carrying in NYC(land of the most f-ed up gun laws out there!), you'll have no problems.

Ok it makes sence then if no one fessed up to owning them till they got to the police station, but if they fessed up to it right there, I got a problem with that. but like you said "land of the most f-ed up gun laws out there!"
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:03:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

+1, take that racist bullshit down the road.

We object to drug dealing gang members pretending to be law abiding gun owners, so we're racists who don't want "negros" having guns.
Lovely logic.

t-stox shows his true colors here, I wouldn't worry too much about his statement in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:06:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:06:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Just wondering myself. So what happens? Guns run for prints and everyone who shows positive for having contact with a weapon are more actively pursued while those with no indication of having possession of a weapon are settled out in court for being in bad company?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Keep in mind that there is a VERY fgood chance that everyone in the car is a felon.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry to be a plastic bag in a shitstorm but 50 cent wasn't there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Sorry to be a plastic bag in a shitstorm but 50 cent wasn't there.

uuummmm....what?  Can't say I've ever heard or understand that?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Sounds like they were "all" busted oringinally. Then afterwards , maybe after they were all "charged" and processed, the two stupidassos decided to own up to it.  Guess the only way to clear everything up is going to court. The report doesn't say that the rest were held on a bond, so they could have been released.
There are other legal ways to get a gun permit in NYC besides being a cop or judge or be politically connected.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Jesus H christmas! You guys seriously gotta get some reading comprehension skills, seriously.
First off i said

I know most people here think "negroes"  should'nt have guns

Do you know what most means? it means NOT ALL! And dont try to convince me their aint no racists on this board i've seen enough "crazy 88's" to know better. So if my quantifer of 'most' does not apply to you than what do you care? It is directed at racists, not you! Second i put the word in quotes and put a rolling eyes icon in there to denote SARCASM, i was not making a racist statement towards anyone, It seems 'Some' people here don't like the idea of young black men owning guns, hence the sarcastic remark, do you understand now?? Until you start gangbanging, owing a gun should'nt be a crime even in NYC, and no, just cause your part of some rappers posse does not make you a blood or crip or whatever. Reading is fundamental - R.I.F
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#38]
T-stox, the problem with your statemnet is that most people here DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT COLOR SOMEONE IS!

But apparently YOU do.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:30:29 AM EDT
[#39]
If it gets a couple of them off the street for oh, say, 20+ years I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:31:58 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Jesus H christmas! You guys seriously gotta get some reading comprehension skills, seriously.
First off i said

I know most people here think "negroes"  should'nt have guns

Do you know what most means? it means NOT ALL! And dont try to convince me their aint no racists on this board i've seen enough "crazy 88's" to know better. So if my quantifer of 'most' does not apply to you than what do you care? It is directed at racists, not you! Second i put the word in quotes and put a rolling eyes icon in there to denote SARCASM, i was not making a racist statement towards anyone, It seems 'Some' people here don't like the idea of young black men owning guns, hence the sarcastic remark, do you understand now?? Until you start gangbanging, owing a gun should'nt be a crime even in NYC, and no, just cause your part of some rappers posse does not make you a blood or crip or whatever. Reading is fundamental - R.I.F

So first it was "most" (that means you implied the majority of members here are racist) and now you're backpedaling to "some". How about next time you just keep your stupidity to yourself, assholes like you are part of the reason we can't get past this racial tension as a Country.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-snip-

-snip-.

Read what is in blue..... See that word 'later'? It means that he told them at a time AFTER the arrest, not before or during. What is the cop supposed to do? Let them all go because no one fesses up to being the person in possession?

They all would have been arrested if it had been drugs.

I bet that some of the 'g-unit' have outstanding wants and warrants, too....

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:52:42 AM EDT
[#42]

So first it was "most" (that means you implied the majority of members here are racist) and now you're backpedaling to "some".

First off I never backpedalled  in my life! except that time i was in the 50 meter backpedal swim meet. Second ooops oh gee i'm so-so sorry i said "most" in the heat of the moment, but i've seen plenty of "rappers get what's comin to 'em" articles to not think there is a strong dislike of certain people here. When i read that article i did'nt see "gangsters get busted" i saw "NYC nabs 12 people for having 2 guns" Which is typical LE bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:55:41 AM EDT
[#43]
My heart bleeds for them......not.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#44]
tag
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

but i've seen plenty of "rappers get what's comin to 'em" articles to not think there is a strong dislike of certain people here. When i read that article i did'nt see "gangsters get busted" i saw "NYC nabs 12 people for having 2 guns" Which is typical LE bullshit.

So all rappers are black now?  And do you not understand how laws work?  If you are a felon you CAN NOT be around guns.  And if you are in a car with a gun and no one admites to owning it then EVERYONE goes down.

You are very ignorant about race as much as you are about religion.,

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
50 Cent - Proof that 9mm isnt enough gun.  

honestly im starting to think your right had it been a larger caliber it may have been different
but even with poor shot placment or good shot placment you still should not live after 9 count em
9 gun shot wounds even in the leg but his were in his chest and face in his Goddamn face the bullet hit and stuck in his gum he spit it and his tooth out and he lived I used to think shot placment was key but after that I just cant accept anything less than
.40s&w I have a 9mm which I love but when I read that after he made it famous I just knew I was
going to have to get something bigger for personal protection the 9mm might be fine for those 98lb starving third world country soldiers but in America where a good portion are 75+lbs overweight to say the least that  jacked-up .38 just aint gunna cut it IMHO
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#48]
relax on t-stox...read what he said..not what you think he said
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
relax on t-stox...read what he said..not what you think he said

I know what he said, and I have read enough of his post to know that HE is the problem.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

its a statement sgt

ETA: i hope they give them that 7 years
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top