Posted: 8/9/2005 7:18:46 PM EDT
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/news/080905_NW_da_explosion.html

abclocal.go.com/wjrt/news/080905_NW_da_explosion.html
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Wayne County = Muslims.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of fire and smoke. My mom may have to evacuate. I'm waiting to hear about more tanks exploding. I suspect ROP'ers.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Lots of fire and smoke. My mom may have to evacuate. I'm waiting to hear about more tanks exploding. I suspect ROP'ers.

GET HER THE HELL OUT OF THERE.

Chemical fire = Bad MoJo

HAVE HER LEAVE NOW
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Move along.  Nothing to see here.  I used to live in Wayne county.  A chemical plant or factory explosion is an annual event.  Evacuating everyone within 1 square mile of the explosion has happend several times before.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Were always getting industrial disasters around here.  

When I was a kid a oil refinery near here had an explosion and was sending huge fireballs into the sky.  It burned for days.  And a couple of years ago we had an oil spill near Zug Island I think it was.  It wasn't too long ago I remember something about a freight car on a train exploded and released clouds of poisonous gas.  Welcome to Detroit.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#6]
This is the third chem plant to blow in the last 10 weeks.  

St Louis
Texas...somewhere
and now here.  That ain't no coincedence
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Local Detroit TV reporting that the fire is at a Haz Mat recycling plant. They are expanding the evac area.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#8]
More ROP types then you could spit at.  I mean thousands, especially in Dearborn and the surrounding suburbs.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:10:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Just another night in a stamping plant for this guy..
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
SNAFU
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:12:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This is the third chem plant to blow in the last 10 weeks.  

St Louis
Texas...somewhere
and now here.  That ain't no coincedence

Yup.

But really, they're just "accidents." Nothing to worry about, go back to sleep. The government will take care of everything.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical and suspicious, but I wonder what else the fed.gov knows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top