Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 3:20:25 PM EDT
I got my Bushnell range finder 800 from natchez today and took it to the range to see how it works and make a ballistic chart, it was great. First I took 25 big steps and ranged my traget from my blanket and yoga mat it was 30 yards so i moved it closer 26 yards close enough shot 3 rounds to confirm zero. 2 rounds touching 1 went through the same hole and group was 1 inch low. I then set up target at 94 yards, shoots 1 inch high moved my crosshire up now its perfect all groups were about 1 inch some more some less expect for 2 groups which were below .30 inches. I shot at 25 yards again, groups are 2 inches low then shot at 50 yards 1 inch low. i write it down on paper and ready to do some ballon shooting. I set up 7 small head sized ballons at 115 yards, 8 shots 7 dead ballons from off hand. then i set up 10 big head sized ballons about 50 yards from me and walked up the hill behind me i range the ballons, and their between 246 - 314 yards 10 shots 10 dead ballons, this was off a rock bipod i made. then the best shot i have ever made in my life, i see birds in the air and follow with my scope pretending to shoot them out of the air then one lands on a big white out of place rock in the middle of the hill on the other side, i range it and its exactly 300 yards. i get in to a prone positon deploy my bipod and aim right above the bird, one shot the bird falls apart and rolls down the hill, im like holy crap i cant belive i made that shot( i have never shot at anything alive at more than 50 yards). i start heading back to the car and see a bottle i put it on my make shift rock bipod and head to my car. i range it it was 156 yards i shoot onces and miss completly and shoot again and miss again im like WTF i try to hit the rock right under the bottle and bam the bottle explodes. All in all it was a great trip and I learned a lot.

gear i brought

AR
Gerogria Arms canned heat .223 ammo
Bushnell range finder compact 800
yoga mat
blanket
notepad/pen
target and tartget stands

AR is
Oly SUM 1:10 bbl
cmt upper
lmt lower
Arms 50 Sir
Arms 40L BUIS
bushnell scope 3-9
leupy wally world rings
lmt 2 stage
vltor club foot
crappy bipod
tango down BG

and my chart is

25 -2 inches
50 -1 inch
100 -0 inch
150 +1-2 inches

I will post pics when my springfield xd tactical and savage 10fple2b mcmillin comes in

thanks for reading
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That 1:10 Stainless UltraMatch barrel from Olympic is a great barrel!
Mine shoots everything really well, but 62 grainers down to 40 grainers best.

Do you have any photos?
I love my Bushnell compact laser rangefinder.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont have a degi camera ill have to take some reg photos and go to my universty and get them scanned, i will do it when my sniper and pistol comes in, and ill take pic of the whole family

ETA: i just go a email from bud, my guns should be at my dealer the 15th of this month
Top Top