Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:20:01 AM EDT
Driving back from Myrtle Beach last weekend the asshat in front of me had this bumpersticker on their car.  We were in the middle of three lanes of stop and go traffic when she came to a complete stop and tried to get over into the right lane.  Being the poor driver that I accidently let my truck drift to the far right of the lane and came to a stop right on her bumper.  Opps, sorry I made it even more difficult for you to force your way through taffic.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#1]
KY gentleman I see!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#2]
my trucks aren't fast so I rely on passive-agressive driving techniques like that.  I see someone coming up behind me in another lane I scout out the road ahead, usually there's only 1 traffic hole they can use to weave thru the traffic.   I try to plug that hole !
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
my trucks aren't fast so I rely on passive-agressive driving techniques like that.  I see someone coming up behind me in another lane I scout out the road ahead, usually there's only 1 traffic hole they can use to weave thru the traffic.   I try to plug that hole !

And you do this why?  Seriously WTF?  Where the hell did you learn to drive?  Asshats.......all of the people who do the above just to do it for shits and giggles aren't responsible enough to drive a car let alone own a firearm.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Back to the point, that bumper sticker is fairly amusing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I've seen some STUPID bumper stickers.

That one takes the cake.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#6]
i love political satire but that one kinda left me puzzled...can someone explain it? are they saying bush has the ultimate power now?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:45:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i love political satire but that one kinda left me puzzled...can someone explain it? are they saying bush has the ultimate power now?

maybe this...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Ring#Symbolism_of_the_One_Ring
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#9]
A bumper sticker that 90% of the public will not understand isn't a very effective one.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you do this why?  Seriously WTF?  Where the hell did you learn to drive?  Asshats.......all of the people who do the above just to do it for shits and giggles aren't responsible enough to drive a car let alone own a firearm.....

I'd wager that people weaving in and out of lanes are responsible for many accidents. If people would fucking drive in one lane and maintain their course/speed, and plan ahead for when they need to make an exit/turn (instead of changing over 3 lanes at the last second), everybody would get to their destination faster and MUCH safer. Instead, driving is a fucking game for some people. I had an old guy pass me on a suburban two lane road (I was doing  5MPH over the speed limit) just 200 feet from a T section right turn only onto an access road. He got ahead in front of me and saved all of 5 seconds, but had to get into head on traffic to do it. These are the people that cause accidents.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People coming up behind me speeding and weaving in and out of traffic endangering everyone tends to piss me off, I piss back.  Don't like it, too bad.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, okay. have you driven a car in traffic at all?

anyhoo, my favorite is to use other cars around me to box in 'aggressive' drivers, like those 17 year old kids ragging out daddy's suburban.

blocking a suburban or an expedition with a honda is fun.

No I've never driven in traffic, just grew up and spent 20+ years in Chicago and stationed in Germany for 4 years  Who cares what others are doing and if they're going to pass you?  Whats your bitch and gripe?  Instead of being an asshole driver by blocking them keep your disgruntled ass in the right lane where it belongs.....or can you not read as well?  Slow traffic keep right.  Let me guess you've never held a European license have you?  That is about the only good thing I can think of right off the top of my head......they have damned good and courteous drivers.  Something of which this entire society is lacking........courteousness and correctness.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd wager that people weaving in and out of lanes are responsible for many accidents. If people would fucking drive in one lane and maintain their course/speed, and plan ahead for when they need to make an exit/turn (instead of changing over 3 lanes at the last second), everybody would get to their destination faster and MUCH safer.

i want the highway system they had in tek-wars! seems with computers as powerful as they are now, that would be doable quickly!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Naw it was not amusing 2 years ago either.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd wager that people weaving in and out of lanes are responsible for many accidents. If people would fucking drive in one lane and maintain their course/speed, and plan ahead for when they need to make an exit/turn (instead of changing over 3 lanes at the last second), everybody would get to their destination faster and MUCH safer.

the problem is in the bigger cities during high volume times when the traffic isn't at a standstill, you still have idiotic drivers who insist on staying in the left lane.  Blatantly pulling out in front of someone else regardless is nothing but a little dick manuever.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
People coming up behind me speeding and weaving in and out of traffic endangering everyone tends to piss me off, I piss back.  Don't like it, too bad.

if they're passing people why is it any of your concern?  So you blantantly PULL OUT IN FRONT OF THEM just to have a laugh?  Hey you're right I don't like it and it is too bad.....too bad people can't just be courteous and let other people drive instead of suffering from short man syndrome.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I loved that bumpersticker, just shows you how much the Libs despise Bush. They equate him with Sauron.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I loved that bumpersticker, just shows you how much the Libs despise Bush. They equate him with Sauron.

And only a liberal would be dimented enough to compare someone to some obscure fictional character.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if they're passing people why is it any of your concern?  So you blantantly PULL OUT IN FRONT OF THEM just to have a laugh?  Hey you're right I don't like it and it is too bad.....too bad people can't just be courteous and let other people drive instead of suffering from short man syndrome.

I said I plug the traffic hole,  not "blatantly PULL OUT IN FRONT OF THEM".   And I said "passive agressive" which means not doing it blatantly , that would be "agressive" not "passive agressive".  
My words are clear, it appears your comprehension of them are not.  Sorry
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I said I plug the traffic hole,  not "blatantly PULL OUT IN FRONT OF THEM".   And I said "passive agressive" which means not doing it blatantly , that would be "agressive" not "passive agressive".  
My words are clear, it appears your comprehension of them are not.  Sorry

So you intentionally try to keep traffic going at the same pace as your slow-ass truck?

BRILLIANT!!!  That will teach an impatient and dangerous driver!  Sure he wouldn't do anything STUPID OR DANGEROUS because a big slow truck is taking up the left lane...  And when he side swipes or rearends another car you'll feel much better huh?

Grow up, let the asshat go around.

EPOCH

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And only a liberal would be dimented enough to compare someone to some obscure fictional character.

In truth is is somewhat more amusing than the "Bush is Hitler" bumper stickers I see on occasion.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe the problem is your slow truck in the fast lane?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Froto Failed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Good.  Frodo is a FAG.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe the problem is your slow truck in the fast lane?

Never said I was in the fast lane, as matter of fact I'm usually in one of the middle 2 lanes of a 4 lane highway.  

Next!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I've learned that when you see a sticker like that, if you can get next to them and steal a glance... the person inside is an insecure, amoral libtard with no grasp on reality.

For some reason that always cheers me up if I'm down.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#27]
that bumpersticker sucks.

I prefer the photoshop of Bush with his cabinet and he is wearing the ring.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I only block people out like that when they drive past a long length of stopped cars and try to merge at the very last second.  You know, like at a wreck or sonmething else that has one lane blocked.  They clearly see the need to merge with plenty of time and distance remaining like eveyone else, yet they try to go past everyone else and end up screwing the traffic up even worse.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Sure he wouldn't do anything STUPID OR DANGEROUS

Like speeding and weaving in and out or traffic or something?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Good.  Frodo is a FAG.

I hated frodo. I find the bumper sticker funny.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
that bumpersticker sucks.

I prefer the photoshop of Bush with his cabinet and he is wearing the ring.

Sounds funny, where did you see it?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#33]
okay I remembered it a little bit wrong, no cabinent members present.

images.google.com/images?q=Bush+Ring&hl=en
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#34]
I saw one today.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
A bumper sticker that 90% of the public will not understand isn't a very effective one.

Actually...I think that quite a few younger people would understand that bumper sticker.
And...while I completely disagree with the point of view that bumper sticker promotes...It is a tad more witty than 99.9% of the other anti Bush, hippy bumper stickers out there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I only block people out like that when they drive past a long length of stopped cars and try to merge at the very last second.  You know, like at a wreck or sonmething else that has one lane blocked.  They clearly see the need to merge with plenty of time and distance remaining like eveyone else, yet they try to go past everyone else and end up screwing the traffic up even worse.

I do that too as well, lane jumpers are cheaters, fuck 'em.   They can jump in front of the car behind me.  Guess that'll irritate some people here.  So be it.  Also when at  a stop light and there's two lanes and one of the lanes has to merge into the lane I'm in and you know they have to merge in, I race the suckers, usually I win.   Screw 'em too.   I'll put my $500 1985 toyota truck up against their $30,000 SUV or Lexus in a demolition derby if they want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top