Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 6:15:06 PM EDT

Anyone have a link the the ATF letter saying that using a collapsable stock as a AR15 pistol buffer tube is ok?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll find it in the AR Pistol Forum

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=122&t=245366
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Thank you!

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
A full-length buffer tube seems like a legal way to get as close to an SBR as you can without actually filling out the paperwork for one. It'd hurt to shoot from the shoulder but could be done on a full-length tube.

The part in the letter about possessing a rifle stock that could be readily attached could constitute an SBR makes me a bit nervous though
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A full-length buffer tube seems like a legal way to get as close to an SBR as you can without actually filling out the paperwork for one. It'd hurt to shoot from the shoulder but could be done on a full-length tube.

The part in the letter about possessing a rifle stock that could be readily attached could constitute an SBR makes me a bit nervous though

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not looking for that. CYA only. "IF" I decide to build a AR pistol, I want to make sure, "if", I can only find a "normal" buffer tube or until I can find a pistol buffer tube, I won't be breaking any law.

Here in Michigan, you CAN NOT fire a pistol from the shoulder like what you are saying. If a cop was at the range and you did that, I'm pretty sure, you'd lose your pistol and would be spending the night in jail. And I don't feel like becoming somone's "date" for the night.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top