Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 4:48:19 PM EDT
How many alluminum cans equal one AR15 receiver?

I've got a whole nother bucket full of them.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
good question
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Well at .26 a pound, about 385 pounds.

You gonna need a bigger bucket!!!

Travis
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Dr Pepper????  Jeasus  Keerist!  Anybody that would drink Dr Pepper would drive a Volkswagon and wear Birkenstocks!  Fagg!

I don't know the answer but I'll give you a btt.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe 2885 lbs for a whole gun!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Drink beer.  You'll have more fun getting to the number of cans you need.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dr Pepper????  Jeasus  Keerist!  Anybody that would drink Dr Pepper would drive a Volkswagon and wear Birkenstocks!  Fagg!

I don't know the answer but I'll give you a btt.

Huh? What? The cans are resting on the hood of a late 90's isuzu pickup truck, and the blown blob and blue blob in the background (if you can see them) are my Turd brown Mercedes and my little sister's 90's cavalier POS.

ETA: Fadedsun is a non-drinker.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you mean to sell at a recycling center or to melt down and make your own?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I was actually going to do that in my kitchen, just pour some gasoline under the frying pan and leave a butane lighter on under it...should git er hawt enuf

Of course, finding a mold might prove problematic...

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was actually going to do that in my kitchen, just pour some gasoline under the frying pan and leave a butane lighter on under it...should git er hawt enuf

Of course, finding a mold might prove problematic...

Ben

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Have you tried the BIY forum?  I'm sure there's another member who has melted down his beer cans into a receiver.
Absolutely...sure of it. Yep, I am.

I had this posted in the AR discussions but it got moved here...no clue why, since it's about AR15s.

Dip your AR in hot candlewax, then when it cools cut the wax off and use that for a mold.

I don't own an AR..yet. If the 6.8SPC gets adopted as the new rifle cartridge, I'll be the first inline.

Ben

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#13]
FYI, I normally drink Root beer and or mountain dew, not Dr pepper. On this momentous occasion I had 2 1/4 pound hungbusters from Dairy queen that wanted a slip and slide ride down the ol' esophagus....

Ben
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Currently, on average it takes 31.92 cans (assuming 12oz drink size) to make one pound of Aluminum (FYI: 24 years ago it took 21.75 cans/lb.... technology ay?)...... Another way of looking at this is that it takes approximately 2 cans per ounce............ but on to the math: receiver weight (in lbs) x 31.92 = # cans/receiver

gotta get tougher than this......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top