Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 9:48:23 AM EDT
My grandfather got hurt at his job and is unable to work. This happend around 4 years ago and for around 2 years they received no income whatsoever. Now he is currently getting social scurity disability and his previous employer is trying to settle his case. He has a lawyer one that "doesnt get paid unless you get paid" and they are going to take 1/3 of his settlement.They have offered 78k to which he will get 56k.He declined this offer he would like to get 100k for himself which means they will have to settle for 150k. My question is can he seek other lawyers out that may take a smaller % is this legal since these guys have been representing him already? Should he ask his lawyers to take a smaller %?Or should he contact his old company and try to deal with them directly if he did this would the lawyers be entitled to any money then?
Thanks for the advice in advance
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Stick with the lawyers.  It's just part of the deal.   In my state the amounts you get are pre-determined and are not negotiable.  Lawyers make sure you get it, as the company will drag it's feet all the way.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You're not gonna find a lawyer who will work for less.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top