Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 9:43:51 AM EDT

When you create a poll, there is an option checkbox at the bottom that says "Allow Multiple Answers To Be Chosen:"

It requires a conscious effort to actually check this box, as it is unselected by default.

The purpose of this box it to make the poll supply checkboxes instead of radio selection buttons, in other words….little boxes instead of little circles.

The little boxes allow you to select Multiple Answers.

If your poll is:
Does Mjohn have sand in his mangina?
Yes
No

You would not select that box.  Because there is no reason to select both.  Why give the option?

If your poll is:
Which truck is better:
Chevy
Ford
Dodge
Some foreign truck

The object of the poll is to select the one, the one option that you think is best.  Why give the option to select multiple truck types, it only messes with the poll results.?

I have seen three polls just today that have no reason to be Multiple Answer polls, but they are.

Why?

I agree that the polls are not exact.  I don’t really care that much, I don’t have a personal problem with it except for the absence of logic.

Don't click the damn thing if you question is "which one"
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Where's the poll?  All you had to do was hit the 'Submit' button and you would have a complete post.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where's the poll?  All you had to do was hit the 'Submit' button and you would have a complete post.

There.  A poll.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I selected all options

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
No "shut the hell up" option?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you after Andy Rooney's job on 60 minutes?  

"What's the deal with suitcases?  I've got big ones, small ones, ones made of leather, here's one made in 1939 for the World's Fair......................"

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#6]
What's a "MULTIPUL?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top