Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:06:37 PM EDT
"He must have converted it to a full-auto with a mail order upper receiver barrel parts kit."

This was a statement made about a "Colt Commando M-4"

Then one cop tells a female cop that in real life shooting situations "don't aim, just point and pull."

My favorite was the gun store owner who wouldn't let them see his paperwork for some weapons he sold.  They made him out to be a freakin inbreed retard.  

Nice to know how ignorant the writers for this new show are.   Guess I won't be watching it again.  Too bad too because if it wasn't for all of the anti-propoganda it might have actually been a pretty cool show.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It's from Hollywood and based out of L.A.  What did you expect.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget the "teflon-coated cop-killer bullets".
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to mention the show is set in L.A., and apparently you can just walk into a gun store there and buy a Colt Commando M16A2, which is how the ATF agent identifies the rifle to the LAPD officer who's searching the database.

I could have sworn that "assault rifles" were verboten in CA.  Maybe I was wrong.  Afterall, the producers are from L.A. and are doing a police show, they'd know the gun laws better than I.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
oh well, still not as funny as the detective in law and order saying "that's pratically an assault rifle" when describing a desert eagle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, if they showed you what fugitive investigations are really like, you'd be bored to tears fro the first 55 minutes, then things would get exciting the last five.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I got board with the show after 10 minutes.  Other than the History Channel, T.V. just isn't good anymore.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#7]
One laugh after another:

• The criminal had an LEO marked 6920, but the acid tested gun was an Olympic.

• 6920s are banned in CA/LA.

• Mail order upper reciever parts kit.

• Teflon coated bullets.

• Shotgun point at Supervisor's head while he is using pry bar on door.

• Chick re-assembled her HK but forgot to put takedown lever back in.

• "I am ATF, I can do anything I want.".

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
which is how the ATF agent identifies the rifle to the LAPD officer who's searching the database.

He is not LAPD he is US Marshal
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
For what they spend on the frakken shows, you would think they could get a consultant to straighten their stuff out! If I knew who to email them I would just to tell them that several million former military and civillians know that their show is total crap. It would be so easy to get it right!  My son laughed at me last night when I went on a rant about that "upper conversion". He asked if stuff like that ruined the show or movie for me and I said yes. So he says, "Dad, it's hollywood! Oh, the wisdom of youth. Really, I would like to bombard these schmucks with email to get their consultant or writer fired depending on what moron put that stuff in.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
As I was watching this piece of craptastic stupidity last night, I just knew there would be at least one ARFCOM thread about it today.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#11]
You guys keep forgetting. Less than 50% of American homes have a firearm. Of that what do you really thing the percentage is that actually know anything about firearm? I bet it is less than 10%.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#12]

TNT's discussion board re this series can be found  here
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#13]
i didn't know the nis had hottie behavioral scientists either...actually, i didn't know they had behavioral scientists period.

it was a promising cast but an execrable writer. i guess fx has raised the bar for cussing on tv! how often did they use the word "asshole" to desc the one guy??? i was eventually screaming at the tv "alright for fuck's sake, i get it!!! he's an ASSHOLE!!!"
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I made my contribution to that site.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Tried to watch the first epis.........
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Repeat after me.  This is just a fictional television show.  It is not intended to convey facts or any real life material whatsoever.  Its purpose is to entertain a mass audience that really does not care about such minute details.  Anyone who presumes to find the truth or facts contained within a work of fictional story telling is absurd.

Except of course for Stargate.  We all know that show is really a documentary masquerading as a work of fiction in order to fool the masses into thinking that it isn't real.

Damn, you sound like my 13 year old son!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#18]
The problem is that when the sheeple hear about this "mail order upper receiver barrel parts kit" which you can use to turn an "assault rifle" into a "full-auto assault rifle" they believe this shit.  Not to mention the other crap.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Repeat after me.  This is just a fictional television show.  It is not intended to convey facts or any real life material whatsoever.  Its purpose is to entertain a mass audience that really does not care about such minute details.  Anyone who presumes to find the truth or facts contained within a work of fictional story telling is absurd.

Except of course for Stargate.  We all know that show is really a documentary masquerading as a work of fiction in order to fool the masses into thinking that it isn't real.

don't fergit zombie documentaries!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I made my contribution to that site.

heh, me too!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The problem is that when the sheeple hear about this "mail order upper receiver barrel parts kit" which you can use to turn an "assault rifle" into a "full-auto assault rifle" they believe this shit.  Not to mention the other crap.  

Yup.  Wait for the ban on "upper receivers" to be introduced in congress by DiFi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top