Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/6/2005 6:56:18 PM EDT

Just saw on the news where Speilburg (sp?) is making a movie about Israel hunting down the terrorist who bombed the olympics and one of his sources is a group in Israel who wants the U.S. to stop military aid to Israel! Are they suicidial?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes...

Do it for the children ....  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
No.

If anything the $4b we send to Egypt and Jordan should be diverted to Israel.

Egypt and Jordan get the most foreign aid of any Arab countries.

Guess which Arab countries have the most negative opinion of America?  Jordan and Egypt.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell NO.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
NO. And we should let Israel take care of their own business.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hell NO.

+1
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
No.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#9]
We should give Israel nukes and then stand back.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Uh, no. Israel is arm of US foreign policy.

We dont run them and they dont ask us for permission but we do and they do. Got it?

Sarge, Israel has nukes.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Why should we? If the Northern Ireland threatened us like some Arab nations do would we stop trade with Great Briton? NO.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Why do any of these folks deserve anything from us?

The thousands of billions of dollars we have thrown out in the sake of buying freinds in the last 50 years needs to stop. This should also go for the U.N. ....
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes and I think we need to pul out of the rest of the world, bring ALL out troops home and worry about this country instead of trying to police the world.  Screw the UN and what it stands for (corruption and bribery).  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#14]
No, we shouldn't stop aid. But we also shouldn't let them have our most senstive stuff, since they have demonstrated time and again that they are willing to share the secrets of said technology with China. Give them aid and let them buy or build what they want from whatever source they want.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

+1
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Not only no, but Hell no. Israel has the only representative government in that end of the world. When TS really HTF over there (as it inevitably will) Israel will become the USS Israel, the worlds largest aircraft carrier. I think you can rest assured that Israel isn't selling anything to anybody over a genuine objection by the US; it can't afford to.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

We dont run them and they dont ask us for permission but we do and they do. Got it?

Sarge, Israel has nukes.

Let's give them more and stand WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Why do any of these folks deserve anything from us?

They don't.  We are buying them.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sarge, Israel has nukes.

Let's give them more and stand WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back.

Sgat1r5

+1000

HH
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#20]
No, it's the only Country that will stand with us in that part of the world if TSHTF. I would not trust any Arab country with more then a slingshot.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#21]
They are the only solid democratic Gov't in the Middle East, although Iraq is on the way.

Is the ROPers hate'em so they must be doing something right.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, we should stop aid to Israel.  What we should do instead is buy stuff from 'em.  Israel has a top-notch arms industry.  We can start with the bullets.  We should quit buying from the politically uncooperative Belgians (FN arms) and get ourselves some Israeli rounds.  Talk about psychological warfare, the bad guys will run from us just to keep themselves from being hit/killed by Jewish bullets!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Yes, we should stop aid to Israel.  What we should do instead is buy stuff from 'em.  Israel has a top-notch arms industry.  We can start with the bullets.  We should quit buying from the politically uncooperative Belgians (FN arms) and get ourselves some Israeli rounds.  Talk about psychological warfare, the bad guys will run from us just to keep themselves from being hit/killed by Jewish bullets!

That much I could certainly live with. I'd rather have the Negev than a SAW. We could use a few of their heavily armored tanks for urban warfare also.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I have mixed feelings about this topic,

I love that Isreal is the only free country in the midle east, and I love that they are completly gloves off when it comes to national defense, as they should be, but....

They screwed us, they took tech we sold them, turned around, and sold it to the Chinese, for that I don't think the Isrealis should ever get export liscences from us again. Money, maybe, but lets cut off their acess to modern equipment.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#27]
They can afford to buy weapons, so let them.
How about no more free anything for any country.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#28]

They screwed us, they took tech we sold them, turned around, and sold it to the Chinese, for that I don't think the Isrealis should ever get export liscences from us again. Money, maybe, but lets cut off their acess to modern equipment.
Don't be so naive.  We've had many joint development projects with Israel to improve our weaponry over the last half century.  Don't you think some that tech got sold to Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, etc... via US gov't/private sales at different points in time?  The Arab/Muslim countries that buy from us might commit suicide if they realized how much "Jew-tech" is in their post-Soviet era toys.

If a real WW3 hits, all we would need is to fly the Israeli techs/scientists over and we won't have to worry about losing the electronics infastructure/companies in Asia.  Think about it, the Chinese/Indian/Singapore/etc. militaries buy stuff that is "Made In Israel".  Let's stop the aid, buy their best stuff, add it to our own stuff, and keep ahead of everybody else.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

you moron... they have their own
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Yes, but stop aid to EVERY ONE ... they're big boys and girls now and need to get a job on their own.

+1  btw I'm tired of our technology finding its way into Chinese hands...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, but stop aid to EVERY ONE ... they're big boys and girls now and need to get a job on their own.

Most intellectual property leaves this
country by way of university students
and H1B employees, not Israel.

I have no doubt that the cute little
Chinese chick in R&D pumps more info
back to the motherland than Israel
ever has.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted: I have no doubt that the cute little Chinese chick in R&D pumps more info back to the motherland than Israel ever has.
 Here's how to fight that.  Ask her if she really wants to move back to "Worker's Paradise" or would she rather move her family here to the good 'ole USA.  If she's single and your single, you might want to ask her out on a date and let her pump you for R&D.  Ask not what you can do for yourself, but what you can do for your country and the greater good of man!

Chinese folks aren't stupid.  They're not paying good $$$ to stuff themselves into cargo containers to come here because China is such a great country.  If it wasn't for Richard Nixon and Wal-Mart, China would be well on it's way to Cuba-hood.  The Chinese are lucky they are located across the water from Japan instead of across from the USA or we would've dumped all over 'em Kennedy-style.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no doubt that the cute little
Chinese chick in R&D pumps more info
back to the motherland than Israel
ever has.

Then you haven't been following the news very closely.  You think Isreal was removed from the F35 program because of Univeristy students?  Sorry pal, not buying it, especially when Isreal is number 2 to Russia in selling arms to China.  Better check your resources again. From the Free Republic another from The Free RepublicandAsia Times  andBBC France and Germany did similar for Iraq.  Israel is on par with them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#34]
We should at least stop the aid for 1 year and see if they prefer selling trinkets to technology for a few billion or stopping the support of our enemies for a few billion.

We should divert the aid to Israel to HAMAS if Israel wants to go the China route.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

So all those proven Israeli leaks to China, from the Phalcon to the Lavi/J-10 program, those are OK because someone else is also leaking info?

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
We should at least stop the aid for 1 year and see if they prefer selling trinkets to technology for a few billion or stopping the support of our enemies for a few billion.

We should divert the aid to Israel to HAMAS if Israel wants to go the China route.

Can I have a hit off that bong when you are done?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So all those proven Israeli leaks to China, from the Phalcon to the Lavi/J-10 program, those are OK because someone else is also leaking info?

No, but let's have a bit of scale here. To
stop supporting the only democratic nation
in the middle east because of some arms
sales to a non-declared enemy seems a
bit harsh to me. Especially when you figure
that we (the US) advanced Chinese MIRV
technology 20 years with a stroke of a
Presidential pen.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

sounds like good foriegn policy to me. how about we take that money and fix America first?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

they already have plenty
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

they already have plenty

That's true. We should just stand back.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds like good foriegn policy to me. how about we take that money and fix America first?

Isolationism worked just dandy for us
back at the turn of the century. I'm
sure that 30 million dead people might
think that a few billion dollars is a
small price to pay for the (relative)
peace that we have now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I see you've conveniently decided to ignore my post.  Please respond.  I fail to see how supporting a nation who supplies arms and technology to the worlds rising number 2 super power is a good thing.  The second coming of a cold war is not something I look forward to..... especially when the US is dedicated and deployed in the immediate areas of hostilities.  Israel is more than capable enough of handling themselves.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Too late, they have their own......either that or they stole the tech from us.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I see you've conveniently decided to ignore my post.  Please respond.

I covered it in my reply to Tomislav.

Quoted:
I fail to see how supporting a nation who supplies arms and technology to the worlds rising number 2 super power is a good thing.  The second coming of a cold war is not something I look forward to..... especially when the US is dedicated and deployed in the immediate areas of hostilities.

Because if we do not, we lose the only
friend that we have in the region. I know
that this is akin to blackmail, but when
the alternative is Israel starting WWIII
when the haji's invade - I'd rather some
Arrows find their way to China.

Besides, the US is already putting the
screws to Israel over this issue. This
is a symbiotic relationship, but Israel
knows which side its bread is buttered.

eta: Now, can I go to bed? I wouldn't
want you to think that I was ignoring
your posts...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#45]
If the concern is military technology finding its way to China, step one is executing every member of the Clinton Administration. When they're all at room temperature, we can talk about our tech policies.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

No,

and they already have them
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#47]
No way in hell.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
No way in hell.

Yup. I think they have had them for some time now. Only beef I have with Isreal is that they were caught spying on us for tech. Aside from that I would say no. There are other nations where we need to turn the money tap off.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#49]
No,  I love Isreal. They make great UZI's and Galils.

There was already a movie about Isreal hunting down the 72 olympic bombers, called Sword of Gideon
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top