Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 2:03:12 PM EDT
I have a puddle of water that keeps forming on the bottom of my frig.  Its a GE over under type.  I have the setting set on near the lowest for the bottom, and set almost all the way for the freezer.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the drain blocked? If so, by what? Ice, food?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Check and make sure everything is clean in the back and there is no Ice built up on it.  Also you may want to put in your title

Paging DR. Frige.  That seems to get all appliances fixed and quickly.  Just whatever you do Don't spell Frige like FRIDGE.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Check and make sure everything is clean in the back and there is no Ice built up on it.  Also you may want to put in your title

Paging DR. Frige.  That seems to get all appliances fixed and quickly.  Just whatever you do Don't spell Frige like FRIDGE.

No need to bother the guy, its a blocked drain. Looking inside your box, and there should be some type of bulge, it is probably removeable. Use hand and gentlely pull on it, should come out wash and clean the line and you'll be good. My mom paid for a service tech for this and costed $50.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No need to bother the guy, its a blocked drain. Looking inside your box, and there should be some type of bulge, it is probably removeable. Use hand and gentlely pull on it, should come out wash and clean the line and you'll be good. My mom paid for a service tech for this and costed $50.

he's

somewhere...with the neighbor

could be stuff plugging the drain (little bits of crap falling off the shelf) or I know sometimes he has to deice the drain with a turkey baster and warm water....

mrs
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
hmm, no plug found, is it in the back of the frig, or where?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hello. Look in at the roof of the refrigerator sectionin the back... center. All refrigeration is done in the freezer. When it defrosts, the water goes down (In most cases) In a drain cup. sometimes its behind the control box.

Let me know how it goes and/or IM me if you need more help further than that.

We'll get it fixed.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hello. Look in at the roof of the refrigerator sectionin the back... center. All refrigeration is done in the freezer. When it defrosts, the water goes down (In most cases) In a drain cup. sometimes its behind the control box.

Let me know how it goes and/or IM me if you need more help further than that.

We'll get it fixed.

There is a vent style drain in the front, is that it?  Oh and thanks for you previous help on the dryer, you was correct with popping the back and cleaning it out.  I gave that set away to friend in need, the house I bought was already equiped with a newer set.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats not a vent style drain thats to help the Evaporator fan put air to the front,remove all your food from the freezer !   Then with a philps screwdriver remove the four screws that hold down the lower plastic freezer floor panel!

Reach in and lift up on the fan cover(be carefull not to break the styrofoam down draft tube)then take the back plate off the freezer(two screws) lift this out1

You will see the freezer coils and at the bottom you will see an alluminum-paper type drip pan,in the center you will see a drain hole!

Lift the drip pan out and look for Ice,small peas,or anything that might have gotten into that hole!!!

That hole is a drain tube that runs (inside the frame) of your refrig and down the lenght of it right down next to your compresor(into a plastic drip pan that lets the water evaporate)!

I have had sometimes to cut this tube at the jay bend to run bailing wire or other things up the drain tube to remove coffee grinds ,ect!!

After you get the drip pan out try a hair dryer or hot water first(before attempting surgery)!!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top