Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 10:04:44 AM EDT
I've researched this unit pretty well I think. Had another Garmin unit I really liked, decided to upgrade. I'd like to know if anyone has a good source (= low price) for these units? Cost isn't "everything", but I don't want to deal with some company where I never get the product....

Interested in comments or experiences anyone here has had with this unit as well. Any tips or other information on these units would also be appreciated. Thanks. MournSword

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a GPSmap 60 on ebay for $250.  Brand new... works great.

Looks like $400 is the best you'll find a 60CS for on ebay.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#2]
tagged for responses Im in the market for one
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to have the Emap with a 32 meg card.

I went ahead and ponied up and bought the 76CS. Only thing left to order is the new city select software for her. I already have all the software I purchased for the Emap- city select europe, world map, us topo, metro guide, ect.
I'm using the external antenna mounted at the base of my windshield, definitly worth the extra $25 to $50 for it.  The 60CS is a good model, I just decided to get all the features and water resistance I could afford (helped getting a good price for the Emap).

I actually got the best price for it on amazon.com
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#4]
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

I was doing some research and D/L'ed the Garmin StreetPilot340C quick start guide to check it out.

Found this on it:

NOTICE TO STATE OF CALIFORNIA DRIVERS: California Vehicle Code Section 26708 (a) (1) provides that drivers in California should not use suction mounts on their windshield or side or rear windows.  Other Garmin dashboard or friction mounting options should be used.  For available accessories, refer to the Garmin Web site at www.garmin.com.  Also, refer to the Owners Manual for instructions on using the included mounting disk with the suction cup mount.

Escrow closes on the 29th and my money and I are GONE from this nut farm.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the suction mount. GF can use it attached to passenger window. Just don't put the window down.

As far as the G60cs is concerned. I love it, but I prefer the GPSV style of horozontal display while viewing in the car.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  I bought the 60CS on Ebay.  Now to get it and figure that sucker out!!  MournSword
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top