Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 9:05:39 PM EDT
I never though I'd do it b/c I thought it was too much money to spend for my limited use.  Well, all it took was one poker night's winnings of over $500 tonight to make me feel real good about the purchase/upgrade.  That pretty much breaks me even.  Basically, I got the ACOG for the price of the EOTech.  Man, I cant wait to get some range time with this bad boy.  I'll I can do is do tactical room sweeps and clears through my dark condo with my ACOG mounted to my M4.  This is FUN!!!  I hope it's as accurate as everyone says it is.  Just in practicing with both eyes open, it's unbelievably fast.  I'm sure there are better scopes out there, but I can imagine them being that much better for me.  This is on the verge of being as much as I could possibly ever need.

I love the Chevron reticle along with the drop compensator hashmarks.  How can anyone possibly go wrong with one of these.  Can everyone tell how childishly excited I am about this?  I'm playing with it like a doll right now.  Oh my god.  I need serious help.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You need to put the rifle down and get back out in the street pick up a few more wimmenz so I can live vicariously through you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
How dare you rub it our noses and not post pics?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#4]
fine, fine, fine, pics incoming.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I take it it's mch better than the Eotech? How does it compare with the EO indoors and close range?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I take it it's mch better than the Eotech? How does it compare with the EO indoors and close range?

Not having actuall shot it, it seems to me that the EOTech is better for close range when you don't need ANY magnification, however, the limited 3.5x of the TA11 is certainly seems better for anything further than 10 yards (that's my unprofessional opinion).  If you only have the choice of one, it seems obvioius that the ACOG will do much more for you than the EOTech.  I don't think that anybody can argue that.  I'm able to line up distant/far away targets much quicker with the ACOG than I could with the EOTech.  I also like the eye relief of the TA11 compared to the TA31 because is better for CQB.  So the TA11 is a good cross CQB/Distance type optic.  Oh, and one major improvement FOR ME... No more fuzzy reticle.  I know that was caused by my poor eyesight, but it's something less for me to deal with.  I'd still take an EOTech over an Aimpoint anyday because of the overall design of the unit, however, the ACOG is just a logical step upward from either.

PIC on original post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top