Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 10:56:39 AM EDT
Also, how much time do they get? Does anyone know the R&R schedule?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#1]
i don't think they get ANY time off. i know some guys who've been on little junkets around the area but nothing like flying to thailand or australia...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I can tell you what it's like in my unit.
For a 1 year rotation we get 15 days,
(I'm on leave right now.. yea!)
some of the other units we're sharing our fob with get a 4 day pass and 2 weeks leave (bastards!).
Just depends on the unit I guess.
S1 makes up the leave roster, we had people starting to go home once we were in country about 4 months I think. I am one of the last to go, and we still have a few months left to go before we hit the states again.
hope that helps.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#3]
My cousin came home to see his baby bourn but  he was here less than a week.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#4]
My buddy got the same deal as kabal57, 15 days for a one year stint in-country. He left to go back to FOB Gabe in the middle of July, we are still cleaning up the empty beer cans
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
some of the other units we're sharing our fob with get a 4 day pass and 2 weeks leave (bastards!).
S1 makes up the leave roster, we had people starting to go home once we were in country about 4 months I think. I am one of the last to go, and we still have a few months left to go before we hit the states again.
hope that helps.

Do I have this correct? You guys normally get 15 days a year (all 15 days taken at one time?) and you also get to take "leave" to go home to the US (how long and how often?).

Please forgive my questions, but I'm arguing this point with a Libtard at work that says our troops in Iraq get ZERO time off and then are forced to stay for another tour.

BTW, God Bless You Guys!!! Stay safe!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I was in Iraq from late Feb 04 to early Sep 04.  In that time I had one (1) day off.  It was 7 days a week/ 13 hours a day.

No leave was authorized for anyone during the deployment.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Buddy of mine said he'd get a day off every now and then and get to spend time in the green zone.  Said they had some resort type thing set up in one of the palaces or some such.  I dunno.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hope that helps.

Do I have this correct? You guys normally get 15 days a year (all 15 days taken at one time?) and you also get to take "leave" to go home to the US (how long and how often?).

Please forgive my questions, but I'm arguing this point with a Libtard at work that says our troops in Iraq get ZERO time off and then are forced to stay for another tour.

BTW, God Bless You Guys!!! Stay safe!!

Normally it's 30 days a year, but in country they only let you take 15, you still have the other 15 days you earned for that year, you just can't use 'em till you return stateside.
I have heard about some units getting extended 6 months or so, The longest I know of spent 18 months before they came home.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My buddy got the same deal as kabal57, 15 days for a one year stint in-country. He left to go back to FOB Gabe in the middle of July, we are still cleaning up the empty beer cans

LOL I have a box sitting outside by my trashcan right now it's about 3 ft high and maybe 1.5 ft on each side, FULL of beer bottles & crushed cans.  They overflowed and migrated to the area around the box too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top