Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Light a 10 second fuse in a pound of Pyrodex and burn rubber.
By the time everyone cleaned their undies nobody would remember what was going on.hippie.gif
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Just drive faster.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
"Ees not my yob" [shrug]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
This thread is worthless without a newlink.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]
obviously he's talkign about that bank of america holdup in LA when those gunmen had automatic aks and lit up the entire area with their body armor.  the cops DIDNT have rifles.  eventually (like 40 min later) - after SWAT was held up in traffic........         they went to a local gun store and asked to borrow rifles because they were underpowered.

so in this case, they didnt have rifles.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
That was a lesson learned. Gone are those days.

efxguy

No clever sig......
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
so let me get this straight....

a passel of Mexicans was fixin to raid the food bank?

So you got on the radio......

awww nevermind

Errr, no.  It was a GANG fight.  They were going after the asian gang.  So I got on the radio in the truck and told everyone in the food bank to take cover.  This is not the first gang fight in this area.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Are there any zombies in this fantasy because that would have a dramatic effect on my decision making process.

I'm not quite sure why if you have a CCW and someone is shooting at you, you're allowed to defend yourself, but if a guy in Level 3 body armor is shooting at you and you want to use a rifle instead of a CCW it is questionable.

I would think if the cops thought you could handle your rifle better than they could they'd let you take the shot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmmm....

Guy A with rifle and vest is shooting up the local po-po and I want to stop and run towards them with ANOTHER rifle?

Thanks but no thanks.  Unless it's at a carwash....all bets are off then.

If it's my own PD or SO guys that I work with all the time, then hell yeah...as long as its in the general vicinity of a car wash or dog-shooting.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'd let them borrow my rifle, I wouldnt want the civil suit on my hands.  

+1  I would be grinning from ear to ear knowning I'm out armin the LEOs.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#11]
If I was driving by and saw that I would get out of the car, UNARMED, and ask the officers if they need help.

If they say, "Get the fuk out of here!"... I'd do just that.

If he screams, "Shoot the mother fuker, quick!"... I'd do just that.

Let them choose, saves you from obstrucking justice and getting in thier way.

If they are all down I'd drive forward untill I could see the guy and take the shot out the vehicle window. When he's down I'd put another round into him to make sure... Then the rifle goes under the seat and I go, unarmed, to check on the officers and call for help and describe thier injuries to the responding EMTs.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#12]
As the battle between cops & bad guys reached a crescendo, I would suddenly blurt out "LOOK!" and hurl a box of Krispy Kremes to port (or to starboard, depending on the Coriolis effect) and while the cops were distracted, I would unleash a withering fusillade of lead on the miscreants, ventilating them like so much Lorraine Swiss Cheese... then I would skulk away into obscurity, leaving law enforcement bamboozled, yet grateful, for the assistance of [echoing voice]MYSTEREEEEEE CITIZEN[/echoing voice]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If I was driving by and saw that I would get out of the car, UNARMED, and ask the officers if they need help.

If they are all down I'd drive forward untill I could see the guy and take the shot out the vehicle window. When he's down I'd put another round into him to make sure... Then the rifle goes under the seat and I go, unarmed, to check on the officers and call for help and describe thier injuries to the responding EMTs.

would you tell them you had a high powered rifle? it might affect their decision
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Ya know I've had a CCW permit for 22+ years
and I have never been close to having to draw
it against a human target . I know the possibility
exists , that’s why I carry a gun and train often
and practice every week .

So after all these years . The flights of fancy of
how or where I might end up using a weapon have
long since faded .  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
HAHA, I got a badge too.....I take the shot

Is that one of them there new-fangled "CCW" badges I keep hearin about?  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
so let me get this straight....

a passel of Mexicans was fixin to raid the food bank?

So you got on the radio......

awww nevermind

Errr, no.  It was a GANG fight.  They were going after the asian gang.  So I got on the radio in the truck and told everyone in the food bank to take cover.  This is not the first gang fight in this area.

Who cares? Let them kill each other off.

ben
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
the police are shooting at him with their pistols but it has not effect, the perp is wearing lvl 3 body armor, you drive by on your way home form the range with your rifle and see this, you stop and tell the police you can take him out with your rifle.

will the LEO take your rifle and take out the perp or do they deputize you and let you take the shot?

Your mom lets you keep the AR in the car when she drives you around?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

would you tell them you had a high powered rifle? it might affect their decision

I'd just ask them if they need a rifle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the police are shooting at him with their pistols but it has not effect, the perp is wearing lvl 3 body armor, you drive by on your way home form the range with your rifle and see this, you stop and tell the police you can take him out with your rifle.

will the LEO take your rifle and take out the perp or do they deputize you and let you take the shot?

what the fuck is that suppose to mean?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

neither. They say 'get the hell out of the way, sheep!', then they shoot your dog.

And my advice / choice, presented with the scenario as given - run the f'n bad guy over with the car. WithOUT police permission.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

English!...

You understand it?..
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

neither. They say 'get the hell out of the way, sheep!', then they shoot your dog.

And my advice / choice, presented with the scenario as given - run the f'n bad guy over with the car. WithOUT police permission.

That would make for an awesome news reel...

"It's a warzone down here Ken, the police are completly outgunned! They can't even stick thier heads up to get a clear shot! I don't know what they're going to do SWAT is 23 minutes away and they'll hit traffic in a few minut...

!!SMACK!!

Oh My God, a truck has just run the suspects over! OMG... They don't seem to be moving and the police are moving in to make sure they no longer pose a threat.

That is the most horrific thing this reporter has ever seen! OMG... My cameraman is telling me we need to go off air for a minute and change batteries, we'll be back with you in a minute.

Man, Chuck did you seem that fukin POS fly? Hot damn I want to find that driver and buy him a beer and a stea... Wait what do you mean we're still on air, that's not funny ma......."

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

English!...

You understand it?..

I understand that your a POS couch commando that has nothing better to do than talk shit over the internet, so why dont you go stick your keyboard where the sun dont shine.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd let Johnny Law use my rifle, as long as he replaced the used up ammo
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It depends on if you have real ultimate power like this guy or not...

www.realultimatepower.net/ninja/kidgarbage.jpg

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

English!...

You understand it?..

I understand that your a POS couch commando that has nothing better to do than talk shit over the internet, so why dont you go stick your keyboard where the sun dont shine.

You're the one with the fantasy of shooting down a perp when the cops can't seem to handle it on their own.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would make for an awesome news reel...

"It's a warzone down here Ken, the police are completly outgunned! They can't even stick thier heads up to get a clear shot! I don't know what they're going to do SWAT is 23 minutes away and they'll hit traffic in a few minut...

!!SMACK!!

Oh My God, a truck has just run the suspects over! OMG... They don't seem to be moving and the police are moving in to make sure they no longer pose a threat.

That is the most horrific thing this reporter has ever seen! OMG... My cameraman is telling me we need to go off air for a minute and change batteries, we'll be back with you in a minute.

Man, Chuck did you seem that fukin POS fly? Hot damn I want to find that driver and buy him a beer and a stea... Wait what do you mean we're still on air, that's not funny ma......."

I lived in North L.A. when the N. Hollywood shoot happened, watched it live on TV. I've thought about it many times. Thought how satisfying it would have been to quietly accelerate on those bastards and smear the standing shooter against the trunk with 4500-lbs of pickup at ~40mph. Try for a glancing blow on the car, then slam it in reverse and feed the driver my heavy-assed rear bumper.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#28]
And it's what I would have done had I been the driver of the car the four officers plunged right under the guy's guns with, at the end. I would have rammed the car nose to nose, and broken the mofo standing behind it in half, instead of PARKING RIGHT IN FRONT OF A GUY WITH AN AUTOMATIC WEAPON. The whole carload is damned lucky they survived that mistake.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It means thats the kind of juvinile fantasy I expect to see posted here from a junior high student.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#30]
[Farva] Do you need my assistance? [/Farva]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It means thats the kind of juvinile fantasy I expect to see posted here from a junior high student.

its not a fantasy you dumbass i simply asked what the LEO would do. read the post you moron.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#32]
How do you know the "psycho" doesn't have a legitimate beef.

Maybe he's shooting hippie activists.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

its not a fantasy you dumbass i simply asked what the LEO would do. read the post you moron.

OK, I rephrase:

It is the kind of juvinile question I would expect from a junior high student. Based on a hypothetical fantasy situation.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, I rephrase:

It is the kind of juvinile question I would expect from a junior high student. Based on a hypothetical fantasy situation.

ok then,
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I lived in North L.A. when the N. Hollywood shoot happened, watched it live on TV. I've thought about it many times. Thought how satisfying it would have been to quietly accelerate on those bastards and smear the standing shooter against the trunk with 4500-lbs of pickup at ~40mph. Try for a glancing blow on the car, then slam it in reverse and feed the driver my heavy-assed rear bumper.

While it may have been emotionally satisfying to have that fantasy, all you need to do is dig up one of the threads here on bullet penetration into a vehicle to see how futile trying to act on that desire would have been.Those guys were putting out a lot of lead; just the other day I was reflecting back on that incident and can't believe more innocent people were not shot up.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
OK, I rephrase:

Agreed.If you stumble onto such a situation in play, best bet is to keep your head dowm, try to extract yourself from the area without getting ventilated yourself. There is no "reset" button you can hit when you take a round or two because you wanted to see what it would be like to play a hero.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
How do you know the "psycho" doesn't have a legitimate beef.

Maybe he's shooting hippie activists.

Isnt there a hunting license for that!  j/k

ETA: Watch your CoC violations gents. Some of you are getting close to the edge there. LEO bashing will not be tolerated either. No I'm not a mod, just a responsible ARFCOMer (and LEO) who will slam you for LEO bashing.....and taser your dog. PLAY NICE!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
It is your fantasy.....you decide.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While it may have been emotionally satisfying to have that fantasy, all you need to do is dig up one of the threads here on bullet penetration into a vehicle to see how futile trying to act on that desire would have been.Those guys were putting out a lot of lead; just the other day I was reflecting back on that incident and can't believe more innocent people were not shot up.

Who the heck said anything about me doing it from in front of them? Or giving the second guy time to bring a rifle to bear, after I ram his vehicle the first time?
My fantasy is running these murderous fucks over. Your is pissing yourself behind an engine block waiting for the horror to end. Get lost.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is your fantasy.....you decide.

my fantasy involves 2 girls a midget and a lemon pie

ewwwwww  ..lemon?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the police are shotting at him with their pistols but it has not effect, the perp is wearing lvl 3 body armor, you drive by on your way home form the range with your rifle and see this, you stop and tell the police you can take him out with your rifle.

BTW.  What does shotting meean?

They're using snake loads.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'd let them borrow my rifle, I wouldnt want the civil suit on my hands.  

+1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
That was a lesson learned. Gone are those days.

efxguy

No clever sig......

One of the local PDs bought P-90s w/ SS-190 for that reason
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Who the heck said anything about me doing it from in front of them? Or giving the second guy time to bring a rifle to bear, after I ram his vehicle the first time?
My fantasy is running these murderous fucks over. Your is pissing yourself behind an engine block waiting for the horror to end. Get lost.

They were backed up against the bank; just how do you propose to have approached them with any success before they observed your  vehicle approach and brought their weapons to bear? You live in a fantasy world. If you can't be realistic, perhaps it is you who should get lost until you think it through.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They were backed up against the bank; just how do you propose to have approached them with any success before they observed your  vehicle approach and brought their weapons to bear? You live in a fantasy world. If you can't be realistic, perhaps it is you who should get lost until you think it through.

Ohh yeah, well if I had been there I would have been driving home from work in my armored bulldozer with my 1919 mounted on the side and I would have gotten em. They are just lucky my ninja-dozer was not there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Here I am driving along through the hood.  I say, what IS that noise?  Ah yes, automatic weapons fire, I shall go investigate.  Oh dear, look at that!  A mad man, shooting indiscriminately.  Egads! Even worse! The local constables seem to lack the appropriate weaponry to dispose of this fiend.  Hmmm...what a quandary.  Shall I close with and dispatch him myself? Or should I flail about wildly signalling the officers that I have a weapon in my possession they could make use of?  No, no, nary I shall not flail.  That could possibly get me shot by the mad man.  I know!  I shall approach the peace officers, gain their attention and offer up to them my trusted ballistic scimitar...

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top