Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Seriously - it was like 8 months ago.  

(Bush won).

Seriously - We have them like every four years.  

(You'll lose again).

What do you mean I'll lose?

I voted for Bush, partly for his common sense immigration policies and lackadaisical stance on abartion rights - but mostly because I felt it was an adequate reward for his "forgetting" to sign the AWB renewal (even though he said he would).

I can’t wait to hear all of the “republican” groveling when John “Gun show loophole” and Giuliani run in ’08.  Talk about liberal suck-holes.  You guys can have them.

My vote’s never guaranteed – and it’s not swayed by what a tool maker does.

My votes not swayed by a tool either.
But my money is.

Leatherman supports those people who take away our rights. You think I'm going to supprot him?
FUCK NO!
I might as well support the Brady Campaign, and might as well have wrote my Senators asking them to reinstate the AWB.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It was worth it when it was $25 but not at $51.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#3]

I voted for Bush, partly for his common sense immigration policies and lackadaisical stance on abartion rights - but mostly because I felt it was an adequate reward for his "forgetting" to sign the AWB renewal (even though he said he would).

You mean the AWB renewal that he asked Congress not to allow on the first round of firearms manufacturers' protection legislation?

Well, Hell's Bells!  Congratulations, then!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd rather eat moose sh*t than give that man my money.

coburn
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Does buying a used Leatherman count as support?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate to say  it but I own a laetherman charge xti and it is incredible leaps and bounds better than the multi-pliers I have owned . Those flips pliers were nice but the leatherman feels about twice as solid and the 154 cm blade kicks ass. Not to mention the accessory tools , diamond file, and titanium construction. Flame suit on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Are the gerbers and other tools made in the USA ??
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not trying to make a buck, then whose affiliate tag is tacked onto that link?

+1

That's not a direct link to Amazon.  Who is getting a commission?

I got it from another forum I frequent.

I can't believe how mind numbingly paranoid some of you people are.

Mods, if you think I am trying to scam people into visiting a link I get paid per visitor, feel free to lock my thread and my account.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I love my Gerber Auto-Plier, handiest multi-tool I've found so far. I occasionally get some odd looks when I hit the "go" button, though.

Tim Leatherman made his opinions abundantly clear, so I decided to return in kind. I chose to support a company that doesn't use my money to try and back one political party or another, but instead does just what I'm paying them to do, check their affiliations at the door and make quality tools.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I sent a pic of my broken leatherman tool along side of my new SOG, letting him know that after 10+ years of faithful daily carry of a leatherman that I would no longer support his company. He didnt write back.

CH
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
SOG Power Plier

Yep.

Altho I wonder how many of the folks posting on here about Tim Leatherman would jump at a $400 Norinco M1A1?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Altho I wonder how many of the folks posting on here about Tim Leatherman would jump at a $400 Norinco M1A1?

Nosir, not a chance.

a $400 SA M1A1, though...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who's contributed more to the Dimocraps:

(a) Tim Leatherman
(b) the UAW

How many of you own a Ford or a Chevy?

Shh!

Don't confuse the arguement with logic!

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(a) Tim Leatherman
(b) the UAW

Shh!

Guess I'm an all around commie bastard
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh shit, I have a leatherman Wave, and a  FORD and a CHEVY, I wont mention the Toyota.  BTW I love my leatherman, not sure about  his politics, but he makes a good product.

oh and I own several Rugers also.  

Flame on
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
+1 on boycott.

I don't care if the thing is amazing in quality. I don't want to line the pockets of someone who backs idiot lib candidates IF I CAN HELP IT. Gerber makes an excellent product, I'd just buy one of those.

Keep buying stuff from these liberal backers, and they might start thinking that you agree with them. Stop buying, and they start wondering if they should shut up or close their wallets when Hillary come calling.

Thank you very much. +1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#19]
[chef's mom] Goddamn succubus Tim Leatherman stole mah baby! [/chef's mom]

He needs about tree fiddy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Oh shit, I have a leatherman Wave, and a  FORD and a CHEVY, I wont mention the Toyota.  BTW I love my leatherman, not sure about  his politics, but he makes a good product.

oh and I own several Rugers also.  

Flame on

..and would do backflips for polytech m14's for $400!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(a) Tim Leatherman
(b) the UAW

Shh!

Ya, me too

I'd buy another Wave but the one I have now works just fine.

I hate Gerbers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:28:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(a) Tim Leatherman
(b) the UAW

Shh!

Ya, me too

I'd buy another Wave but the one I have now works just fine.

I hate Gerbers.

I was agreeing with you.

I own two Waves and a Multi-Tool. I have two Gerbers, too.

I prefer the Leathermans. Tim can go fuck himself politically, but his products are great, and I work too hard for my money to toss it on a less-then-best product.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:20:02 AM EDT
[#23]
SOG Powerlock is my choice:
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:23:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I work too hard for my money to toss it on a less-then-best product.

I would argue the Leathermans are not the best product.  I think the SOG I have is better, but that is just my opinon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:25:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I would argue the Leathermans are not the best product.  I think the SOG I have is better, but that is just my opinon.

Could be. I was a huge Gerber fan until I actually used a Leatherman. Got converted pretty quick. Never handled a SOG...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:26:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
www.sogknives.com/Images/tools/powerlock/pwrlck_lg.jpg

When looking to replace my Wave, that was what I was leaning toward buying, but I went with the Charge Ti because it has more tool selection, and sometimes I really need that extra capability. The SOG is probably the toughest multitool out there.

I have snapped the pliars off of a Leatherman before.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:39:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.sogknives.com/Images/tools/powerlock/pwrlck_lg.jpg

The SOG is probably the toughest multitool out there.  

+1
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:41:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Back when this whole mess exploded, went to the Leatherman corporate site and they were looking for engineers with experience in outsourcing - seems ol Tim plays the game where you do just enough here to have goods stamped "Made in the USA" and as much as possible overseas to lower costs (not that some other companies don't do that)

(They have since filled or deleted that job opening )

He made millions & built a company, then he decided that his company would be a political vehicle, as he (and other outdoor companies) signed on to support Kerry, not as private citizens, but as leaders of their firms (without giving their employees input)

A portion of every Leatherman product you can be sure will find it's way to support the next John Kerry, (Hillary?) and those are the folks who would disarm you in a heartbeat. Why fund them?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:50:49 AM EDT
[#29]
And don't forget to rid your home and car of everything made in China.
That includes your PC monitor.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:53:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
And don't forget to rid your home and car of everything made in China.
That includes your PC monitor.

The issue for me was not his political views or where his products were made, it was the way in which he responded with a total lack of respect for his customers.  If he doesn't "need" me as a customer, I don't want to be one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top