Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:48:50 AM EDT

Former Beslan Hostage Dies of Injuries 11 Months on

Created: 02.08.2005 12:18 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 12:18 MSK, 7 hours 31 minutes ago

A woman hospitalized after the siege of school No. 1 in Beslan last September died Monday night of her injuries, the RIA-Novosti news agency has reported.

The agency quoted the chairman of Beslan Public Council, Mairbek Tuayev, who told the agency that Marina Zhukayeva, 32, died at her home on Monday night. Medical experts said injuries that she received during the terrorist attack were the cause of death.

After the terrorist attack Zhukayeva spent six months in a coma. She was sent to Moscow for treatment and then brought back to North Ossetia at the request of her relatives. For the whole 11-month period following the attack on the school the woman was on a drip-feed and was taken care of by her relatives.

The death toll of the Beslan tragedy now stands at 331 people.

A group of terrorists seized school No. 1 in the South Russian city of Beslan on Sept. 1, 2004, taking hostage about 600 people. The hostage takers planted bombs around the school building and demanded the immediate pullout of Russian military forces from Chechnya. After three days of negotiations armed local residents, police and the military stormed the building causing the hostage-takers to detonate the bombs, killing half of the hostages. The only surviving terrorist is currently on trial.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The historical rule under English common law was "year and a day", meaning if you died within 366 days of your assault the attacker could be charged with murder.

She seems to be within that period.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The frickin ROP.....

Says the last surviving ROP terrorist is on trial...hope its a short trial that ends with a 9mm behind the ear...or better yet, let all the relatives of those killed get a free swing with a lead pipe...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#3]
We can never, ever forget the butchery that was shown at Beslan.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Kind of gives me a chill to think school here is about to start again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Damn straight.  I've never wanted to personally harm a person in the way I wanted to harm those bastards.  I only wish I could have been in the woods that day hunting them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The bastard who organised that massacre was interviewd on ABC TV…

The Russian Foreign Ministry said Tuesday it will not renew the accreditation of ABC-TV after it broadcast an interview with a notorious Chechen warlord.

In a statement, the ministry said the American television channel would be considered "undesirable" for contacts with all Russian state agencies as a result of interview with Shamil Basayev, which was broadcast Thursday.

The ministry called the broadcast a "clear fact supporting the propaganda of terrorism" and that it contained "direct vocal calls for violence against Russian citizens."

As a result, the ministry said the decision was made "not to renew the accreditations of employees of this television company after they expire."

The Foreign Ministry is the main government agency authorizing foreign media outlets to work in Russia and the decision effectively bars ABC from working here.

On Friday, the Foreign Ministry summoned a top U.S. diplomat to protest the interview with Basayev, who has claimed responsibility for some of Russia's most terrifying terrorist attacks, including last year's hostage seizure at the school in Beslan, which ended in the deaths of more than 330 children and adults.

In the interview conducted by Russian journalist Andrei Babitsky, Basayev, who has a $10 million bounty on his head, said he was plotting more attacks.

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/ap/article.html?mi=D8BNP4400&apc=9002

I hope that the " First Chief Directorate" goes through ABC like shit through a goose.

Come to think about it, there are quite a few media people that need some lovin' from the old school KGB.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Kind of gives me a chill to think school here is about to start again.

+1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#10]
From Last year.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The Russian Foreign Ministry said Tuesday it will not renew the accreditation of ABC-TV after it broadcast an interview with a notorious Chechen warlord.

In a statement, the ministry said the American television channel would be considered "undesirable" for contacts with all Russian state agencies as a result of interview with Shamil Basayev, which was broadcast Thursday.

The ministry called the broadcast a "clear fact supporting the propaganda of terrorism" and that it contained "direct vocal calls for violence against Russian citizens."

As a result, the ministry said the decision was made "not to renew the accreditations of employees of this television company after they expire."

The Foreign Ministry is the main government agency authorizing foreign media outlets to work in Russia and the decision effectively bars ABC from working here.

On Friday, the Foreign Ministry summoned a top U.S. diplomat to protest the interview with Basayev, who has claimed responsibility for some of Russia's most terrifying terrorist attacks, including last year's hostage seizure at the school in Beslan, which ended in the deaths of more than 330 children and adults.

In the interview conducted by Russian journalist Andrei Babitsky, Basayev, who has a $10 million bounty on his head, said he was plotting more attacks.

Sounds like ABC stepped on it this time.

Too bad CBS didn't do the same.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

ABC can take their "oh-so-generous", "gives-me-a-tear-in-my-fucking-eye", self-serving, welfare-weeping, fake-philanthropic shitshow "Extreme Makeover" and shove it up their goddamn fage-filled, MuslimMaggot-infested ass!

That these cocksucking motherfucking, shiteating terrorist-sympathizers and enablers at ABC and the rest of the Old Media have not been dragged into the street and summarily executed by now is the reason that there WILL be more bombings and Beslans right here in our country someday.

I only hope with all my might that if ANY child in America is killed by terrorists - it'd be the children of FUCKHOLES in the media like at ABC.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ABC can take their "oh-so-generous", "gives-me-a-tear-in-my-fucking-eye", self-serving, welfare-weeping, fake-philanthropic shitshow "Extreme Makeover" and shove it up their goddamn fage-filled, MuslimMaggot-infested ass!

That these cocksucking motherfucking, shiteating terrorist-sympathizers and enablers at ABC and the rest of the Old Media have not been dragged into the street and summarily executed by now is the reason that there WILL be more bombings and Beslans right here in our country someday.

I only hope with all my might that if ANY child in America is killed by terrorists - it'd be the children of FUCKHOLES in the media like at ABC.

Passion, I like it, carry on mister!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yet you keep watching TV...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:51:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No, tell us how you REALLY feel.  You're a "stuffer", aren't you

+1 bro . . . the mainstream media can bite my ass.  I hope the Russians have the moral courage to follow through and KEEP them out.

BTW, I don't watch TV except for an occasional news item or History Channel show.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn straight.  I've never wanted to personally harm a person in the way I wanted to harm those bastards.  I only wish I could have been in the woods that day hunting them.

Yeah... I'm not one of those "let it happen here so I can kill people" types... But Beslan made me want to be there and do whatever it took to get those kids safe... I know the Russians tried their best.

Kids. The RoP did that to kids.

I hope there is a special place in hell for anyone who does such things to children.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yet you keep watching TV...

Not.

I've never seen the show "Extreme Makeover" but I have heard of it in another thread. Supposedly very popular, kinda like "Bob Villa meets Oprah" - only a lot more touchy-feely.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Being that the victims were mostly women and children, this is the Russian version of 9/11.

Lest we ever forget.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Religion of Peace™Butchers

Attacking schools to kill children is even more sickening and cowardly than the WTC.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Let's make sure it doens't happen here

i'm afraid it's inevitable.

b/c we are doing virtually nothing to make sure it doesn't happen here.

some days it almost seems as though we are back to the pre 9-11 mentallity that the bad guys won't hit us at  home.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

some days it almost seems as though we are back to the pre 9-11 mentallity that the bad guys won't hit us at  home.

Sadly, for many among us, they forgot about 9-11 a long time ago. They have become complacent again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could not agree more.  The current time we live in, in our struggle against terror, illustrates the moral bankruptcy of the 60's mentality, which has infiltrated most of mainstream media.  I'm sorry hippy children, but after you hug that terrorist and tell him that you feel his pain, he will still slit your children's throats.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#23]
What did Balzac72 have to do with it? I remember him posting a couple of funny threads...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What did Balzac72 have to do with it? I remember him posting a couple of funny threads...

He was one of our more outspoken members about the rop, just went a little far and got banned. I liked him here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Balzac posted a memorial/tribute page to the victims of this massacre. It was HUGE. Definately took a lot of time and you could tell he put a lot of his feelings/emotions into it.

If I recall correctly, I think that he was somehow directed affected by 9/11. I don't remember the details.

It was severely shit on by some weanies that used to be here.

The thread got deleted.

He raised hell.

The mods put the thread back up and he spent hours 'formatting' it back right.

It got shit on again.

Nothing happened to those doing the shitting.

He flipped a little (IMHO - understandably so) and had a few choice things to say about the ROPers.

He was warned.

He didn't listen because by that point, he was pretty pissed that it seemed that he was getting dogged and the ROPer love fest committee was getting a free pass.

He pressed on with his choice comments about the ROP.

He got banned.

At least that is how I remember it anyway..........

I didn't know Balzac72 personally. However, if I had to gage him as a person soley by the material in his threads, I thought he seemed like he would bleed red, white and blue. He was definately the kind of  guy that I wouldn't mind calling a friend and know had my back.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Balzac posted a memorial/tribute page to the victims of this massacre.

The thread got deleted.

He raised hell.

It got shit on again.

He flipped a little (IMHO - understandably so)

He got banned.

At least that is how I remember it.

What negative things could people possibly have had to say about a memorial to the victims of a terrorist attack?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The thread got deleted.

He raised hell.

It got shit on again.

He flipped a little (IMHO - understandably so) and had a few choice things to say about the ROPers.

He was warned.

He didn't listen because by that point, he was pretty pissed that it seemed that he was getting dogged and the ROPer love fest committee was getting a free pass.

He got banned.

I didn't know Balzac72 personally. However, if I had to gage him as a person soley by the material in his threads, I thought he seemed like he would bleed red, white and blue. He was definately the kind of  guy that I wouldn't mind calling a friend and know had my back.

Another good member banned because he spoke his mind.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The thread got deleted.

He raised hell.

It got shit on again.

He was warned.

He got banned.

I remember now...I remember he got banned once for posting a video about respecting women or something, freakin hilarious
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I remember now...I remember he got banned once for posting a video about respecting women or something, freakin hilarious

I don't remember any video.

I just remember the memorial thread and how certain people kept shitting on it.

Seems like they were saying something to the extent that the attack was 'deserved' because of how the rebels have been mistreated or something. It was something stupid and ncredibly assanine, and it just rolled down hill from there at a very high rate of speed. Like I said, the thread eventually disappeared. Not locked. More like vanished. He was quite pissed, posting another thread asking where the hell it went, etc. It was put back up, and trashed again by some of the very same smucks.

And this.......

I will never forget this as long as I live.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I don't remember any video.

IIRC the video only got his account locked for like a week, and it was totally unrelated to this.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#31]
In case anyone has forgotten..................................

- prevented by the CoC from further comment

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I should also point out that Balzac72 had been a volunteer at ground zero in the days shortly after and IIRC, was there when the towers came down. He'd seen the RoP's deeds firsthand.

Damn shame what happened here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Yes, Always Been Crap ran it on Nightline.  In the SAME episode, they compared President Abraham Lincoln to this scumbag.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

And this.......

img288.imageshack.us/img288/8688/beslaninnocencebetrayed9ly.jpg

I will never forget this as long as I live.

Never seen that before.....

Damn.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#35]
One of the things that bothers me most about Beslan is what the ROP'ers did to all the girls and women while the seige was going on.  

And I do believe it will happen here, along with so many other hallmarks of the ROP.

-K
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#36]
It was Russia's 9/11.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I guess truth really is the first casualty of war.  

please expand on this; i'm not sure i understand you correctly.

thanks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

¿Qué?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I know Balzac72 and I will say that you are right on about him thompsondd! I am god-damn particular who I  trust covering my ass and I would trust Balzac in a heart beat. He could be making big money being a private practice lawyer but he has chosen to be a Assistant District Attorney. He was right on in what he said and being pissed at the rop'ers because of what he did see at ground Zero! It is too bad he got banned for saying what is truth, maybe WHEN they hit us again the folks that banned him will have a change of heart. If their not the ones that get nailed!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks.

I think he means , you can't speak the truth, i.e. Balzac

I dunno
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks.

+1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

¿Qué?

I meant that as absolutely NO reference to the heinous terrorist attack.  I was addressing the comments/recollections regarding Balzac72--almost all of which were at least a little wrong and some were completely fallacious.  

Sorry if I piqued anyone's curiosity--it was a completely benign observation, as I know every detail of his presence (and exit from) here.    

Edit to fix quote marks.

thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Greg (Balzac72) is good people and was right on about the ROP.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#47]

The "Russian Hostage Massacre" thread is in the archive, but has lost much of its impact because many of the photo links are dead. I saved a few of the pages and it is still shocking to see even after almost a year.  If you haven't seen it before, even what's left of it in the archive will touch you. The original was filled with dead children and their mothers crying over them. Some of the saddest photos I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I understand the Avilas wanting to keep the site clean and not appear to advocate 'genocide' especially because sponsorship is needed.

I can also understand Balzac72's rage and frustration and can say that I felt and still feel almost completely the same way he did/does.

A pretty shitty situation all the way around.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#49]
I see that slime former member Virginia22 had to put in his worthless 2 cents worth.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I saw a big thing on this on PBS (try not to laugh, it did not get into to much diatribe).  It was rough watching the footage, but the thing that chokes me up every time is the man running with a child in his arms.  I can't really help but get a little watery, the onrush of emotions that I have now that I am a dad, and empathising with what that man is going through, the joy, the fear, sadness, anger, and other feelings I cannot quite comprehend.  

My eyes twitch and my fingers tremble.

Those fucking monsters.  Thier deaths were far too swift and merciful.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top