Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 8:45:48 PM EDT
A young male tries to car jack you.  He has a gun. You have a gun.

Which would be the best outcome for both people?

Senario A : You get shot in the gut go to the hospital.  But you were able to shoot the young male who died.

Senario B: You shoot the kid and do not get shot yourself. You go home.

Senario C: you get out of your car. Take the gun from him and kick his ass. Call the cops and he goes to Federal Pound me in the ass prison while you go home that night?

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
C all the way.

i am a kung-fu masta
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say the smartest thing to do is let him take the car. Your life is worth alot more

What if you let him take the car, then unload on him as he drives away? Illegal im guessing but why?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any cute nurses at this theoretical hospital?

Oh, and :

I would say the smartest thing to do is let him take the car.

is the wrong attitude to have in life.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
If he points a gun at me, he forfeits his right to live.  I will do whatever it takes to ensure my safety.  Chances are trying to "take his gun and kick his ass" would put me in the most danger.

Quoted:
What if you let him take the car, then unload on him as he drives away? Illegal im guessing but why?

Illegal b/c your life isn't in imminent danger.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would say the smartest thing to do is let him take the car. Your life is worth alot more

Not illegal in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are there any cute nurses at this theoretical hospital?

Oh, and :

I would say the smartest thing to do is let him take the car.

is the wrong attitude to have in life.

If he has a gun pointed in your face? I wouldnt be able to draw before he shot me, maybe some of you guys can. I would say draw if you were being attacked  or knew he was going to shoot you, but why risk it?
  If he had no gun I would beat his ass. But maybe I just have a different attitude because I will never be allowed to get a CCW. So unless I know or get the feeling he wants more than my car I think id let him take it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys personnaly I would unload my gun in him.  But what is the best "Outcome"?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not illegal in Texas.

I need to move to Texas
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Considering the way our current justice system works, he would most definately NOT go to Fed. prison and would prob. get out on paroll in a few years as a hardened ex-con violent criminal.
So the best outcome would be one less "evil-doer" in the world.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Ridiculas question.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Scenario "D":  

You draw first, take his gun, his wallet, his cash, etc.  Make him lay down, then piss on his back.   Tell him if you ever see him again, you now know where he lives and he has 5 seconds to get out of your sight.   Toss wallet in trash and then about your business.

Wait 2 days, go to his house at night, hang around and let him catch a glimpse of you.   Let him see you smile at him.  

He's cured ! ! !

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

B or C so hell rot in prison
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd pump that little shit so full of lead and drive off so fast it wouldn't even be funny.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#15]
All options would probably set him free and land you in jail in ny but option c MIGHT give you a chance to serve a light sentence for battery.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#16]
dang it, should have voted 'A'.

it would make for a classic arfcom post.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'd pump that little shit so full of lead and drive off so fast it wouldn't even be funny.  

Fleeing the scene of a crime=bad idea.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ridiculas question.

I didn;t make it up.  I was a troll in another thread for saying I didn;t think that being shot in the gut was the best outcome.

So I just wanted to see if my view was really that far off from other CCW people.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
All options would probably set him free and land you in jail in ny but option c MIGHT give you a chance to serve a light sentence for battery.

But if hes a criminal then he cant go buy that gun in the store, so this situation is not possible in NY.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I cannot answer until I have all the facts.

Am I at a carwash?

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Considering the way our current justice system works, he would most definately NOT go to Fed. prison and would prob. get out on paroll in a few years as a hardened ex-con violent criminal.
So the best outcome would be one less "evil-doer" in the world.

Armed robbery won;t go to prison?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I would go with option d.

Talk to the troubled youth and listen to his problems, than I would take him to mcdonalds and give him a great big warm hug.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#24]
The best option is make the would-be car-jacker disappear and no one ever hears about the incident.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The best option is make the would-be car-jacker disappear and no one ever hears about the incident.

Thats the best way to find your self in prison for life over a dead beat hood.

When his body does show up and some how you are linked to it, it becomes murder quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top