Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 3:36:01 PM EDT
didn't own lakefront. Seems like everybody I've ever met has invited themselves up for a weekend or a week this summer. My sister's family of six leaves Thursday, and my old college roommate and his family of four arrives Friday.

Not that I mind being so popular, but it seems to be seasonal. Not a lot of company in, say, February. Hmmm.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
didn't own lakefront. Seems like everybody I've ever met has invited themselves up for a weekend or a week this summer. My sister's family of six leaves Thursday, and my old college roommate and his family of four arrives Friday.

Not that I mind being so popular, but it seems to be seasonal. Not a lot of company in, say, February. Hmmm.

That’s funny, Rodent…I become popular in the winter.  Especially with out-of-staters.

Mine is seasonal too, but sort of a reversal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That's the best time to visit family with lakeshore.

Ice drinking fishing!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't answer the door when they come knocking.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I can go to the lake, but I never do, I dont like it.

Same with winter stuff
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Same with winter stuff

I think you'd like winter stuff.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I tried the (Chinese accent) "Lodent not here!" with my college roommate, but he's on to me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#7]
We had the same thing happen when dad was stationed at Pearl Harbor.  EVERYONE that EVER knew us somehow managed to scrounge up the funds and the time to visit.

I was in the 3rd and 4th grades at that time and I could conduct island tours better than 99% of the professional travel people on that rock, we did it so often.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I had more people stay for multi-day visits over the winter than I had in the last 10 years when I lived in Massachusetts.  Did I mention I moved to Arizona?

Mike
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same with winter stuff

I lived in Longmont Co for about a year.  Damn ice, damn expensive everything (except shrimp), I didnt care for it and wouldnt go back.

Sking and stuff Id break something I need.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Did I ever mention How much I like you? Or how smart you are?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same with winter stuff

I lived in Longmont Co for about a year.  Damn ice, damn expensive everything (except shrimp), I didnt care for it and wouldnt go back.

Oh.  Well, I guess not then.

I didn’t figure resort skiing but maybe backcountry skiing or snowshoeing.  There’s a lot of solitude out there doing that kind of thing and I get the sense you’re not a people person.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried the (Chinese accent) "Lodent not here!" with my college roommate, but he's on to me.

Some how, I think you enjoy a certain amount of torture.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same with winter stuff

I didn’t figure resort skiing but maybe backcountry skiing or snowshoeing.  There’s a lot of solitude out there doing that kind of thing and I get the sense you’re not a people person.

Ya think??
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same with winter stuff

Ya think??

You havent had to deal with me on bad days.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same with winter stuff

Ya think??

Yeah...sometimes I get that impression.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I've always thought of you guys as family.  With that said, the kids and I will be up Friday.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Patty, what would you like me to stock the fridge with? All you other guys, (Chinese accent) "Lodent not here!".
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Patty, what would you like me to stock the fridge with? All you other guys, (Chinese accent) "Lodent not here!".

I can pretty much live off of scotch and soda but the kids think they need more nutrients than a bottle of Glenfiddich.  

Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#20]
People suck.

when I get my ranch, I'm going to build a castle in the middle of it and surround the property with a 5 foot wide 6 feet deep moat.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Rodent, I think you're missing a good deal here. The summer is a perfect time for all these wonderful visitors to help you cut and split wood for your fireplace. The wood needs time to season so you can't expect to do this during the winter. Don't have a fireplace? Well, you MIGHT be getting one soon, or a wood stove, and the wood is even better if it seasons a couple of years.

Note, with your high regard for the environment using such tools of the devil as chain saws and gas powered splitters would be evil, an ax was good enough for old-timers.

Don't have trees on your property, dude, SOMEWHERE in your state there are trees that need cutting.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Rodent..I can be there in 1.5 to 3 hours depending upon where in NH you are...

And I'll bring liquor...
And a 3 year old
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:39:33 AM EDT
[#23]
That's one reason I will never have a swimming pool built at my house. My wife's sisters keep saying something about us getting a pool to the point it pissed me off. They are looking for another reason to freeload off of my wife and come to our house and hang out. I'm not talking about high school kids either. One is in college and one is married with two kids. I flat-out said I will not get a pool because I don't want all the unwanted company. I suggested to the married sister that she get her own pool.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Rodent..I can be there in 1.5 to 3 hours depending upon where in NH you are...

And I'll bring liquor...
And a 3 year old

That'll actually work out well. The three-year-old as a playmate for EB's boy, and the booze all around. (It'll help them go down for a nap...)

You realize, of course, that I'm obligated to post your pic in the team forum...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:18:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Is the February slot still open?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#26]
that's why we sold our place and moved into the woods!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Do you allow Massholes to visit?
Top Top