Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 9:29:49 PM EDT
This is just a crazy idea I have on the war in iraq.One of the big problems the troops  have with the  insurgents is a great many of them are  crossing the boarder from syria ,iran  and doing this shit. What if our goverment  was to announce they are looking for men for private hire to secure the entire border of iraq. They are to pay 100,000 dollars for a one year contract  ,kinda what blackwater does. Nobody comes in  nobody goes out unless we say. Would take about 40,000 men to do it right with the best weapons and off road ,atv's  our goverment has to offer. It would leave our troops with more time to hunt  the ones down already in country and as they kill them and they would not be replaced by 10 more that cross the boarder.Any try to cross the boarder out we kill them .  Crazy ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Crazy? No.
Will it work? Hell yes.
UnPC? Absolutely.
Will it ever happen? NFW.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'd pretty much agree. It seems that all problems that have simple solutions in the modern world appear to be something that the Powers That Be are unwilling to try.

You see, it's all Just Too Complex For You.

Amazing how the power brokers are so catastrophically full of shit these days.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#3]
One thing to consider is, we're killing these people in Iraq.

If they can't get in to die, they just might decide to die in New York, Washington, St Louis, San Antonio, Los Angeles..........

Maybe better to have them killed in Iraq by our troops than plotting in Damascus.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:09:25 AM EDT
[#4]
You think you could seal all the boarders with 40,000 men and a few ATV's?  Okay then.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:30:23 AM EDT
[#5]
On the positive side... At least most of the "insurgants" (a**holes) that come into Iraq are being used for some good target practice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You think you could seal all the boarders with 40,000 men and a few ATV's?  Okay then.

Look up your geography , about   1500 miles of  boarders  that could be crossed ,  mostly open desert    you do the math, iran syria boarders ,  we would have to rely on the saudis to secure theirs
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:53:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Look up your geography , about   1500 miles of  boarders  that could be crossed ,  mostly open desert    you do the math, iran syria boarders ,  we would have to rely on the saudis to secure theirs

Big time hole in your plan chief
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#8]
from what i hear, its mainly the syrian border that is the problem, but it is the saudis that cross it.

i like your plan... but NO FUCKING WAY...seriously, we'd declare surrender to al qaeda before we did something THAT un PC
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:03:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Can we do the same thing here, first?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Great plan! Just like we're doing right here in our country's borde..........err.... forget about it.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
from what i hear, its mainly the syrian border that is the problem, but it is the saudis that cross it.

i like your plan... but NO FUCKING WAY...seriously, we'd declare surrender to al qaeda before we did something THAT un PC

I did say crazy idea, I hate this PC bullshit that we live by
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#12]
You couldn't find 40,000 qualified applicants.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:13:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Minuteman Iraq project?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Maybe, but I bet you could find a few just on these boards
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1.  If the idea is to put 40,000 people on the border who are basically going to operate under their own orders and not as a unit, they are going to get slaughtered.  If our idea is to put 40,000 men with guns on the border to act as a unit, we should just go ahead and put more troops in (who's job will be to secure the border).
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#16]
What is the incentive for doing a good job or just sitting around collecting the 100K?  Isn't the pay the same?  If the insurgents aren't stopped do you fire the contractor or the workers?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top