Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 12:37:52 PM EDT
I have to say, after reading some of his executive orders, ties to the mafia, wanting to give too much power to the UN, Marylin (can't say he wouldn't be tempted though), etc., I thought he didn't have a good cell in his body.

But after seeing that he wanted to abolish the federal reserve and go back to a gold standard, and now these two letters, maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought. Still bad, but not as bad.

From the NRA site...

Letter to President John F. Kennedy from the NRA
March 7, 1961

The Honorable John F. Kennedy
President of the United States
The White House
Washington, D. C.

Dear Mr. President:

In a recent address you referred to the need of a nation of Minutemen. In the category of "bearing arms" the Minuteman heritage is preserved today in its basic form by the members of the National Rifle Association of America. Thoughout its long history of almost a hundred years, this Association has been dedicated to the promotion of the social welfare and public safety, law and order, and the national defense; and to the education and traning of citizens of good repute in the safe and efficient handling of small arms. Through our 400,000 individual members, 10,000 chartered clubs and close affiliation with the Armed Forces, we encourage rifle and pistol shooting and conduct competitive contests to further these objectives.

Our endeavors involve individual participation in an art which historically bears the burdens of defense in times of crisis. Traditionally, Americans have been renowned in their skill with firearms in conflicts past. Now, through competitive shooting and the hunting sports, we are increasing the knowledge of young Americans in these important skills through our dynamic program. This is a tremendous asset in our arsenal of democracy and represents a strength of citizenship in being.

In the spirit of Minutemen of 1776, and to your leadership of today in calling for a nation of Minutemen, "citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life," we pledge our unstinting efforts.

We would be highly honored if you would accept a Life Membership in the National Rifle Association of America in support of our endeavors to contribute to this concept.

Cordially yours,

Franklin L. Orth
Executive Vice President

Letter from President John F. Kennedy to the NRA
March 20, 1961

Dear Mr. Orth:

On the occasion of Patriots Day, I wish to offer my contgratulations and best wishes to the National Rifle Association of America which over the past years has done credit to our country by the outstanding achievements of its members in the art of shooting.

Through competitive matches and sports in coordination with the National Board for the Promotion of Rifle Practice, the Association fills an important role in our national defense effort, and fosters in an active and meaningful fashion the spirit of the Minutemen.

I am pleased to accept Life Membership in the National Rifle Association and extend to your organization every good wish for continued success.

Sincerely,

John Kennedy

Just FYI...I still think they killed him over the federal reserve thing though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You thought Pres. Kennedy was bad?

he was a democrat
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Other than RR some would argue he was the last patriotic, freedom loving, commie hating president.  I might be one of them.  The UN, btw, has gotten much more evil in the last 40 years.

(loved a good Cuban cigar and hot blonds to boot!)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Add to that his whole "Let's go to the moon" speech. "Not because they are easy but because they are hard." Politicians don't say things like that anymore.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Sad thing is he was more Republican then, then some of the Republicans are now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
""Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily lives, and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom"

Senator John F. Kennedy

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]
If the Dems ever, once again, become the party of John Kennedy, the conservatives would be in political trouble,
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he was a democrat

Soooo typical...

The Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats.  Niether help our nation and both are going to destroy it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#9]
When I saw the thread title I thought you were talking about Teddy "swimmin' lessons for free" Kennedy.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he was a democrat

As Democrats go by today's standards, he was damned conservative.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

he was a democrat

As Democrats go by today's standards, he was damned conservative.

Yeah, he made nuns look like street tramps...

He was VERY MUCH SO a traditionalist and very conservative when it came to the internal, but kept a very strong, BUT SMART and WELL PLANNED forgien policy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
When I saw the thread title I thought you were talking about Teddy "swimmin' lessons for free" Kennedy.

Just say it! He tried to killed her!!! Come one! Just say it!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
The Democratic Party has changed a lot since JFK, so has the Republican Party as far as that goes. Remember, it was JFK that said, “ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country”. That is definitely not the democratic view of today!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Kennedy did somewhat flip around and reorganize how things are, politically, in this country.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#15]
JFK was from a different era.

If you want to see what he’d be like today, look at Ted Kennedy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
JFK was from a different era.

If you want to see what he’d be like today, look at Ted Kennedy.

WTF? He actually be almost as center as you can get.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#17]
There is little doubt in my mind that were JFK not buried so deep, he would dig his way out, find Jimmy, schmeckle smooching, zombie marrying, alien freak kids having, commie coddling pile of wrinkled old dog shit, Carter and beat him to the consistency of Peter Pan creamy!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If the Dems ever, once again, become the party of John Kennedy, the conservatives would be in political trouble,

So would the Dims, as they would hate Kennedy & all he stood for. Look at what they say about Zell Miller now?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

he was a democrat

Soooo typical...

The Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats.  Niether help our nation and both are going to destroy it.

Yep,Two paths leading to the same end.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Let me rephrase what i said. Not that every cell he had was bad. That he did some good things, but he also did somethings that really were horrible.

- His dad bought the presidency for him through the mafia and the unions.
- He had ties with the mafia over the election(very bad), then double crossed them...not smart.
- Slept with the same woman that was Lucy Luociano's girlfriend.
- Was on the same level as Clintons womanizing
- From an Executive Order I read, can't remember what the number is now, was willing to basically give the UN control over our military.
- Was bopping Marylin while Bobby was doing her too. Probably ending her life.
- Made EO's that took control over all media in the event of a "crisis"
- And there are more

Some of the good things he did...

- Started the Seals and Green Berets.
- Started Presidents Council on Youth Fitness
- Wanted to go back to the Gold standard
- Was more of a pro-gunner, than an Anti (I see some of that now)
- Was a honest war hero, UNLIKE Kerry. Kennedy made stupid move causing the sinking of his ship, but he saved his shipmates and proved worthy of his medals...UNLIKE Kerry
- Got us out of the missle crisis
- Set the goal for the moon

He did some good, but holy crap, some of the other stuff... You don't get assinated for nothing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#21]
JFK was also a NRA member. The would cause some teeth gnashing among the Dems. The Dems of yore are not the same-type of Dems today.

Remember, ALL recent USA presidents messed with women during their rein. The only one who didn't was Jimmy Carter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Where the fuck did you come up with the 'Mafia helped him' crap? Kennedy was an almost 'self-made-man', a generally good man, a vet (even his critics on his service still say it was good at worst! LOL), and a sharp politician.

He hated the mafia and the mafia hated him, IT'S VERY DOCUMENTED HOW THEY MIGHT HAVE ALSO BEEN INVOLVED IN HIS ASSASSINATION. He had the FBI/CIA up the ass of the mafia. JFK lead the charge in putting them in prison, where they belonged, and after that iniatal attack, people realized the mafia wasn't invinsible.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#23]
did he not succeed???

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

He was.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Where the fuck did you come up with the 'Mafia helped him' crap? Kennedy was an almost 'self-made-man', a generally good man, a vet (even his critics on his service still say it was good at worst! LOL), and a sharp politician.

He hated the mafia and the mafia hated him, IT'S VERY DOCUMENTED HOW THEY MIGHT HAVE ALSO BEEN INVOLVED IN HIS ASSASSINATION. He had the FBI/CIA up the ass of the mafia. JFK lead the charge in putting them in prison, where they belonged, and after that iniatal attack, people realized the mafia wasn't invinsible.

Did you read my post? I'd bet the mafia was involved with his murder too. But if you look up your history, he wouldn't have one the election unless he had the votes coming out of Chicago. The mafia got the union vote out for him. His dad made his money bootlegging moonshine, then "RIGHT" before the stock market crash, his dad pulled all of his money out of the market, THEN his dad got into the movie industry...making a bad film, THEN his dad supported the Nazi party and Hitler right along with Henry Ford. JFK's dad thought betting on Hitler was a safe bet, he was wrong. So you have a President who's dad was a vocal supporter of the Nazis. And yes, JFK was helped by the mafia, then he DID stick it up their butts. I completely agree with you on that, but you also need to look up the time before his first election and find the truth, like you said, it's well documented.

Look up his connection between him, Frank Sanatra and the mob. I think you'll find it very interesting.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Remember that JFK, Life member of the NRA, was killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, member of the ACLU.
I love telling liberals that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
did he not succeed???

Quoted:

Quoted:

My neighbor said that Ted didn't actually kill Mary Jo. Ted got drunk with her, she gave him a special job, he stopped at his hotel, then he lent her his car, she drove off the bridge and he got freaked out about the whole sexual thing coming out. He was married at the time.

I don't know, that's what I heard from the neighbor, but it would explain why the hotel employees said they saw him come in before the acident happened and also why he was in dry clothes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Kennedy was an almost 'self-made-man',
Except for the millions of dollars in the Kennedy family trusts, I guess he was?  

a generally good man,
Ask those who died at the Bay of Pigs how "good" Kennedy was, eh? Not to mention he stuck his dick in anything with tits after he was married. Quite the role model, eh?

(even his critics on his service still say it was good at worst!
Yet he was able to take the fastest boat in the US Naval fleet & somehow managed to get it broadside against a much slower Jap ship. Not exactly what I'd call good skippering.

and a sharp politician.
Actually, he wasn't. He had charisma, no doubt, but many historians debate whether or not he'd be able to win re-election with the Bay of Pigs goatfuck. The economy was starting to cool off under his reign as well.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you read my post? I'd bet the mafia was involved with his murder too. But if you look up your history, he wouldn't have one the election unless he had the votes coming out of Chicago. The mafia got the union vote out for him. His dad made his money bootlegging moonshine, then "RIGHT" before the stock market crash, his dad pulled all of his money out of the market, THEN his dad got into the movie industry...making a bad film, THEN his dad supported the Nazi party and Hitler right along with Henry Ford. JFK's dad thought betting on Hitler was a safe bet, he was wrong. So you have a President who's dad was a vocal supporter of the Nazis. And yes, JFK was helped by the mafia, then he DID stick it up their butts. I completely agree with you on that, but you also need to look up the time before his first election and find the truth, like you said, it's well documented.

Look up his connection between him, Frank Sanatra and the mob. I think you'll find it very interesting.

yep, most people don't know that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#30]
lippo, the folks sponsoring this website may hate good 'ol Teddy but at a minimum, it is interesting reading.

http://www.ytedk.com/intro.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top