Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 6:23:22 PM EDT
Thats why I cannot order a rifle through my local gun store.

Or at least thats what the guy said behind the counter.  Ruger is not shipping any firearms because they are busy filling their military contracts..........

Sure they are.

If I hear this bullshit "we cant help you because we are busy filling a military contract" one more time from a vendor I think I will...............................shit I cant do anything about it.....................it just makes me mad when its obvious someone is using that as an excuse.

I am tired of the firearms industry, suppliers, vendors, etc in general.  It is so different from any other industry, very much an anti consumer industry it feels like.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
So the war is lost.  Our guys are going to go into action with Mini14s and not be able to hit anything.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger did land a .gov contract, but it's for civilian DOD guards or something like that. And that's only a few thousand of one make of pistol, so your local gun store is liberal with the crack smoking.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#3]
5000 polymer framed 9mm's wiped out their production capacity huh?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Its true.

The Iraqi Special Forces have been issued complete sets of the A-Team on DVD and is now a 2 week course required to go though basic.

They are buying up all the Mini-14s that Ruger can make so they can shoot a whole mag at an insurgents truck to make it  flip over all sweet like while killing no innocents (or insurgents for that matter) Also Mini 14s if aimed right will make a gas tank explode in an awesome pants wetting fireball.

If they need to escape thay can make a hot air baloon our of hair dryers, extention cords, a lawn chair and a dozen trash bags.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of rifle, the M77?   I can't see the Military buying the M77 from Ruger, let alone the POS Mini-14.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Who wants a Ruger anyway?  Bunch of gun control sellouts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Nah, Ruger's best semi-auto......the 10/22.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Not this tired shit again. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeee make it stop!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I am pretty sure the contract was for P-95 9mm pistols, not any type of rifle.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]

The military was required to purchase 40-round USA magazine for the new Mini-14 rifles, as Ruger would only provide 10-round magazines for use by enlisted soldiers.  "Only officers should have high-capacity magazines" said founder William B. Ruger through his spokesman, John Edwards.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope it is not my old p85
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#12]
They do make a sweet compact submachine gun.  But I doubt thats what they are producing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully, the are supplying the terrorists insurgents with mini-14s
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Ruger makes weapons? I thought they only made sporting guns.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#15]
"I want my.... I want my MTV Ruger AC-556"

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Who wants a Ruger anyway?  Bunch of gun control sellouts.

Ditto Fuck Ruger
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#17]
here is what ruger is doing for the military

god i swear some people need to look at the firearm websites before they open their yaps and if 5000 pistols hold up production something is wrong very wrong

link to same article i posted took me 3 seconds to find it  ruger.com/Firearms/News-12-23-2004.html

U.S. Army Awards Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Contract for 5,000 Pistols
December 23, 2004

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), the nation’s largest firearms manufacturer, is proud to announce that it has been awarded a contract for 5,000 9mm pistols by the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command, Rock Island Arsenal, IL. The pistols to be supplied are Ruger KP95D models. The pistols incorporate a stainless steel slide and a custom polymer composite frame.

“We are honored to be part of the nation’s defense by furnishing the Army with Ruger P95 pistols,” said Sturm, Ruger President Stephen L. Sanetti. “As there are no longer any U.S. Government small arms factories, our country must rely on the private firearms manufacturing sector to provide arms for the common defense. Sturm, Ruger’s P95 pistols have developed a legendary reputation for strength, reliability, and value during the last ten years, and we are proud to have won the U.S. Army’s competitive bid with these fine firearms.”

“Our late founder, Bill Ruger, who began his firearms industry career 65 years ago designing small arms for the U.S. Government, would have been pleased,” Sanetti concluded.

The Ruger pistols to be supplied under this contract will be manufactured in the company’s Prescott, Arizona manufacturing facility.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

god i swear some people need to look at the firearm websites before they open their yaps and if 5000 pistols hold up production something is wrong very wrong

link to same article i posted took me 3 seconds to find it  ruger.com/Firearms/News-12-23-2004.html

December 23, 2004

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), the nation’s largest firearms manufacturer, is proud to announce that it has been awarded a contract for 5,000 9mm pistols by the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command, Rock Island Arsenal, IL. The pistols to be supplied are Ruger KP95D models. The pistols incorporate a stainless steel slide and a custom polymer composite frame.

“We are honored to be part of the nation’s defense by furnishing the Army with Ruger P95 pistols,” said Sturm, Ruger President Stephen L. Sanetti. “As there are no longer any U.S. Government small arms factories, our country must rely on the private firearms manufacturing sector to provide arms for the common defense. Sturm, Ruger’s P95 pistols have developed a legendary reputation for strength, reliability, and value during the last ten years, and we are proud to have won the U.S. Army’s competitive bid with these fine firearms.”

“Our late founder, Bill Ruger, who began his firearms industry career 65 years ago designing small arms for the U.S. Government, would have been pleased,” Sanetti concluded.

The Ruger pistols to be supplied under this contract will be manufactured in the company’s Prescott, Arizona manufacturing facility.

Pretty uppity for a dude wit h149 posts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

December 23, 2004

yup 150 post but have been surfing this board for years next question and i have seen alot of weird post where if you look it up first problem solved. not trying to start something just dont see why if you dont bother looking it up why ask.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The military was required to purchase 40-round USA magazine for the new Mini-14 rifles, as Ruger would only provide 10-round magazines for use by enlisted soldiers.  "Only officers should have high-capacity magazines" said founder William B. Ruger through his spokesman, John Edwards.

Mothafuckers.

The time an Officer needs a "hi-cap mag" is the fuckin day everyone is dying because the SHHTF and thensome.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

December 23, 2004

He was monitoring the progress of S.397 and invested in Ruger stock once the legal bills became non-existant.

BOYCOTT RUGER, GLOCK AND S&W!

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Ruger should just stick to making golf clubs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#23]
wait what the hell did glock do
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Its true.

The Iraqi Special Forces have been issued complete sets of the A-Team on DVD and is now a 2 week course required to go though basic.

They are buying up all the Mini-14s that Ruger can make so they can shoot a whole mag at an insurgents truck to make it  flip over all sweet like while killing no innocents (or insurgents for that matter) Also Mini 14s if aimed right will make a gas tank explode in an awesome pants wetting fireball.

If they need to escape thay can make a hot air baloon our of hair dryers, extention cords, a lawn chair and a dozen trash bags.

BWAAAA HAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

December 23, 2004

He was monitoring the progress of S.397 and invested in Ruger stock once the legal bills became non-existant.

BOYCOTT RUGER, GLOCK AND S&W!

What did Glock do?

Ben
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Holy shit, no more MR T gold chains either. My goldsmith said because of military contracts. My barber says no more mohawks, WTF , my A-team mojo is being siphoned off to Iraq. This cannot stand, somebody must pay..
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Its true.

Now that is some FUNNY shit!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I am tired of the firearms industry, suppliers, vendors, etc in general.  It is so different from any other industry, very much an anti consumer industry it feels like.

I disagree.  You must be buying from the wrong people.  I think if you do a point-by-point comparison, the firearms industry does a much better job of serving it's customers than many others.

Do you want to make a comparison between, say, Armalite and H-P?  Or Sig and Ford?  Bushmaster and Whirlpool?  The gun industry makes the car companies and computer companies look like uncaring chumps.  Most car companies nowadays treat the consumer like crap.  And PC companies are the worst.  Even Taurus has a sterling service record compared to GM.

And don't get me started on Banks and Insurance companies!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Yea, people sell out, When thier in controll of a multi-million dollar corporation. And want to provide reliable firearms to the people , for a reasonable price. But I'm tinking niether of you would know anything about a situation like thishock.gif
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
wait what the hell did glock do

One of their reps went on record as having no problem with a "ballistics fingerprint database".

Created a bit of a shitstorm in the RKBA community and a boycott was called for.

It didn't last long as the person responsible was fired/dismissed.

Still,  even after the controversy, some people were upset about the comment and refused to have anything to do  with anything Glock related.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

December 23, 2004

pretty judgmental for a guy who spends all his spare time on the internet - over eight thousand posts and counting!  and if I was a "cat doctor" the last place i'd be is on the internet!  go to work on those cooties doc!  (unless you are really a vet...)
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

December 23, 2004

pretty judgmental for a guy who spends all his spare time on the internet - over eight thousand posts and counting!  and if I was a "cat doctor" the last place i'd be is on the internet!  go to work on those cooties doc!  (unless you are really a vet...)

ty fordguy on that one made me laugh im on my puter 3 hour a day maybe 4 but exact time on ar15 45 minutes time on glocktalk bout 1 to 2 hours and never mind why

and i did not know about that glock issue interesting hmmmmmmm learn something new every day
im still planning on getting a glock 17 or a springfield xd pistol in the near future.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
yup 150 post but have been surfing this board for years next question and i have seen alot of weird post where if you look it up first problem solved. not trying to start something just dont see why if you dont bother looking it up why ask.

Link 1.

Link 2.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#34]
(INSERT B.A. BARAKUS VOICE HERE ) I pity the fool, that goes into battle with a Mini 14

Alright now, cue that A TEAM theme song .......DUN DUN DUN DUN....... DUNT DUNT DUNT........DUN DUN......................
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

December 23, 2004

Dude you are full of yourself its kind of funny.   Yup 8000 posts over 4 years.  So I must be spending all my time on the internet.  Unlike you most of us can do multiple things in a day.  I have seen more then I ever want to see again.  Thank God I am not muslim because when allah gave the 71 virgins I would have been pissed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:55:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Hey FordGuy,

You forgot one thing dicksore........when you screw with one of us, you get to hear it from the rest of us sooner or later! Watch out Rookie.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:59:46 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link 1.

Link 2.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:19:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey I like the A Team...when they get to Iraq..they wil kick ass..geteh hot womenz and no one gets hurt!

As for ht Mini 14, I don't know hwere yhou got yours, but my two shoot great and are accurate, it is a damn Plinker....I paid $265 for my first, and love it, yes I have an AR, An HK91 , sort of, and a lot more jrzy legal non assault weapons.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:01:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Rugers big role (& It's big moneymaker) is supplying Cast parts to other Mfg.s who make Artillary, Rockets, Tanks, APCs, Guns, Etc.. They run a large casting plant that makes excellent parts.
So while Ruger may not be directly selling to the military, Ruger is still a major player.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I sent a p95 in for repair a little over a month ago. When I called last week to see where it was at I was told they had no people available to work on them. I was told that they were 8 weeks behind on repairs. Just a note the right side of the safety started falling out of the gun after working the left saftey a few times. No parts were missing and it did it each time it was reassembled.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#42]
May Bill Ruger rot in hell.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#43]
I see this shit start every time the Ruger name is mentioned. My P95 is as reliable as ANY other handgun in my safe. All the rest cost twice (or more) as much as my P95.

As for the sell out, what about your so loved Colt? Get over it guys, at least it is American made.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I sent a p95 in for repair a little over a month ago. When I called last week to see where it was at I was told they had no people available to work on them. I was told that they were 8 weeks behind on repairs. Just a note the right side of the safety started falling out of the gun after working the left saftey a few times. No parts were missing and it did it each time it was reassembled.

The spring must be weak.  That's an easy fix too.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I see this shit start every time the Ruger name is mentioned. My P95 is as reliable as ANY other handgun in my safe. All the rest cost twice (or more) as much as my P95.

As for the sell out, what about your so loved Colt? Get over it guys, at least it is American made.

Ruger doesn't make a sweet ass cup of Kool Aid.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top