Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 2:58:23 PM EDT
I wasnt sure where to put this topic, but hopefully it will get seen here!  I have been seeing some boots, worn mostly by ARMY guys and few Marines, that look great.  The sole is very knobby even along the sides of the sole.  I have tired searching the net and have a couple that look possible, but not exactly sure.  I havent seen anybody local lately with them to ask.  Can someone help me out?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Australian Redback boots.  Comfortable and durable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I didnt see anything that resembled the ones Im speaking of in the Redback brand.  The ones I saw were rounded in the heal and the sole came up fairly high with the round looking knobs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]
is there another place i could put this to maybe get some more help?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Those sound like Oakley combat boots.

Oakley Boots

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats I think thats them and if not those will do!  Do you know if they hold up well and are comfortable?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you sure those Oakley's are in accordance to 670-1? I've never seen boots that even resemble these.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are you sure those Oakley's are in accordance to 670-1? I've never seen boots that even resemble these.

Downrange, 670-1 is whatever the CO lets you get away with.
The black oakleys are issue for the canadian AF, btw.
I don't think they would hold up.
I am a big fan of Raichles.  Very expensive, very worth it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Congrats I think thats them and if not those will do! Do you know if they hold up well and are comfortable?

Alright!...what do I win?

Ive only tried them on...but they felt great!  The soles are made of the same stuff high end dragster tires are made of....like these.  So you know theyre tuff.

If my Danners ever wear out or if get a little extra money Ill be buying a pair for sure!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I usually just wear a pair of Altama jungle boots with the ripple sole.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Congrats I think thats them and if not those will do!  Do you know if they hold up well and are comfortable?

I've only had mine for about 2 months now but they are holding up well with daily use. They're extremely comfortable, especially for those days you spend 12 or 14 hours on your feet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Danner.

Trust me.

Get some.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Fella's!  I do like the Danners GTX's too!!!  Its between them and the oakleys!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top