User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 12:20:14 AM EDT
Iran body seeks suicide 'martyrs'  
By Frances Harrison
BBC News, Tehran  
26 July, 2005
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4718873.stm
An advertisement in an Iranian publication has called for people to come forward for "martyrdom operations" against the enemies of Islam.
It is published by an institute managed by one of Iran's most conservative and radical clerics, Ayatollah Masbah Yazdi, who has declared his support for Iran's new President, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad.

The advertisement calls for men and women to enlist with the "Martyrdom Lovers' Headquarters".

It says the idea is to achieve "all-out readiness" against the enemies of Islam - and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Those who are picked will be specially trained for their missions in different divisions in every province.

To apply, all that is needed are photographs, a form and a copy of a birth certificate.

Symbolic

This is not the first time Iranians have registered for suicide missions - though in Islam a clear distinction is made between ordinary suicide and martyrdom for a religious cause.

Several people have signed up with different organisations to defend the holy shrines in Iraq and the rights of Palestinians.

But in practice, their pledges are merely symbolic and it is highly unlikely that they would actually go on suicide missions.

One function was held earlier this year to honour dead Palestinian women suicide bombers, and a huge mural in central Tehran still depicts one Palestinian woman who had two children, yet chose to die.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]

An advertisement in an Iranian publication has called for people to come forward for "martyrdom operations" against the enemies of Islam.

You know.......they are kinda starting to stray away from that whole religion of peace thing
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:35:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
By Frances Harrison
BBC News, Tehran  
26 July, 2005
An advertisement in an Iranian publication has called for people to come forward for "martyrdom operations" against the enemies of Islam. It is published by an institute managed by one of Iran's most conservative and radical clerics, Ayatollah Masbah Yazdi, who has declared his support for Iran's new President, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad.

The advertisement calls for men and women to enlist with the "Martyrdom Lovers' Headquarters".

It says the idea is to achieve "all-out readiness" against the enemies of Islam - and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Those who are picked will be specially trained for their missions in different divisions in every province.

To apply, all that is needed are photographs, a form and a copy of a birth certificate.

Symbolic

This is not the first time Iranians have registered for suicide missions - though in Islam a clear distinction is made between ordinary suicide and martyrdom for a religious cause.

Several people have signed up with different organisations to defend the holy shrines in Iraq and the rights of Palestinians.

But in practice, their pledges are merely symbolic and it is highly unlikely that they would actually go on suicide missions.

One function was held earlier this year to honour dead Palestinian women suicide bombers, and a huge mural in central Tehran still depicts one Palestinian woman who had two children, yet chose to die.

I've always wondered, why is it that the leaders of these Islamists don't lead by example? They're always trying to find some young, poor, illiterate, semi-moron, to blow themselves up in the name of Islam.  Yet, the leaders don't strap on a bomb belt.

I wonder why?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've always wondered, why is it that the leaders of these Islamists don't lead by example? They're always trying to find some young, poor, illiterate, semi-moron, to blow themselves up in the name of Islam.  Yet, the leaders don't strap on a bomb belt.

I wonder why?

ive always wondered the same thing about the COWARDS that run our wars who ask the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder why?

ive always wondered the same thing about the COWARDS that run our wars who ask the same thing.

ETA:  What branch of the service are you in, IndepOp?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:31:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You can always tell when middle school is out for the Summer: punctuation takes a nose dive and the sentences don't make any sense.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can always tell when middle school is out for the Summer: punctuation takes a nose dive and the sentences don't make any sense.

Hey man! You can't judge people on the basis that they cannot speak English properly! That's facism man!!

***INHALE***

Dude...There any cheetos around?

***INHALE***

People wouldn't be volunteering to kill us if Bush hadn't gone into Iraq, because he forced their peaceful religion to become violent

***INHALE***

But the religion is peaceful and only extremists are a problem

***INHALE***

And anyway they aren't as scary as the religious nutcases here in America that want to use government power to outlaw harmless stuff like anal sex and pot!

***INHALE***

Dude...This is some good stuff.....

***INHALE***

Twinkies! We need Twinkies!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
By Frances Harrison
BBC News, Tehran  
26 July, 2005
It is published by an institute managed by one of Iran's most conservative and radical clerics, Ayatollah Masbah Yazdi, who has declared his support for Iran's new President, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad.

Believe it or not, I get that part. What I do not get is THIS part:

Symbolic

Why on earth do some people have such a hard on to make what the terrorist advocates plainly said become something they did not say?

Why is it when they recruit martyrs through the want adds and send these people to glorify other suicide bombers do some insist that this really has nothing to do with suicide bombers or martyrdom for the glory of Allah?

How about we stop believing what we would LIKE to believe about the Iranians, and start believing what they actually SAY and DO???
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Lookie, a new troll to play with
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder why?

You tell me your stories of trading fire with the Islamists, and I'll tell you mine.  (Something tells me I shouldn't hold my breath.)
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder why?

Soooooo..........the whole Military taking orders from the  ELECTED Civilian leadership thing has totally escaped you, hasn't it?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#11]
So can we get some of these folks to come out to the range on Saturday/Sunday, we can help them get to heaven faster? Gonna die anyway. Might as well help out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't bother, he wont be back.  He is a Hit and Run Troll, makes outlandish ignorant remarks and then kicks back and watches.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:19:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
By Frances Harrison
BBC News, Tehran  
26 July, 2005

Believe it or not, I get that part. What I do not get is THIS part:

Symbolic

Why on earth do some people have such a hard on to make what the terrorist advocates plainly said become something they did not say?

Why is it when they recruit martyrs through the want adds and send these people to glorify other suicide bombers do some insist that this really has nothing to do with suicide bombers or martyrdom for the glory of Allah?

How about we stop believing what we would LIKE to believe about the Iranians, and start believing what they actually SAY and DO???

IMO they are just trying to counter negative impressions
does anyone actually believe there is any such thing as a
"symbolic suicide bomber\martyr", I hope not
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:36:43 AM EDT
[#14]
What would rock would be if the CIA posted something like that in an iranian news paper.  Just imagine setting up a nice martyrdom training camp out in the middle of nowhere.  Get a bunch of would be martyrs to show up and start their whole training thing, and then set off a really big bomb right in the middle of the bomb making 101 class.  

If we did this a few times it might be harder to recruit those suckers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:43:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What would rock would be if the CIA posted something like that in an iranian news paper.  Just imagine setting up a nice martyrdom training camp out in the middle of nowhere.  Get a bunch of would be martyrs to show up and start their whole training thing, and then set off a really big bomb right in the middle of the bomb making 101 class.  

If we did this a few times it might be harder to recruit those suckers.

I like the way you think
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Gee, is it a good time to call a troll alert?

IndeOp.......You are an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:10:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted: This is not the first time Iranians have registered for suicide missions - though in Islam a clear distinction is made between ordinary suicide and martyrdom for a religious cause.

Several people have signed up with different organisations to defend the holy shrines in Iraq and the rights of Palestinians. But in practice, their pledges are merely symbolic and it is highly unlikely that they would actually go on suicide missions.

Massed waves of Iranian "suicide troops" could only fight Saddam's military to a stalemate.  They won't even slow the US Military down.  This is more hot air from another backwards culture who can't even fix airplanes.

It's probably a plot to get out of the "Muslim Paradise" of Iran.  Think about it.  You sign up for a "symbolic" suicide mission, then you defect and ask for asylum from the nearest American GI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top