Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2001 2:50:32 AM EDT
I am new to the AR world and am looking for an out of the box shooter that will give me the most reliable and accurate performance. (compared to other out of the box AR's)  I have heard great things about Bushmaster and wanted to know what the consensus is on the DCM Comp model.  The application for my AR is going to be target hunting initially, and then hopefully as I get better I can consider shooting competitively.  Is 800-1k a fair estimate for what I should expect to pay?  Where is the best place for prices?  Thanks to all in advance!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:07:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Your figure of 800-1k is high, right now it seems you could easily get a Bushy for $750, also if any are still available look in to getting the web site's LEGP rifle.  Competition models  are slightly more.  You may first want to get the basic Bushmaster 16" or 20" and once you have mastered that buy accessories such as  a 24" upper and a new trigger.  The opportunities are endless!  
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Not exactly a direct answer to your question, but still relevant:  You have it backwards.  You don't get better, then compete.  Competition is how you get better.  You'll learn more in one season of hipower than you would in ten years or shooting beer cans.

With that in mind, get something that's DCM legal.  The Bushy DCM is just fine...you won't outshoot that 'til around EX.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Listen to Celt.

Usd Michigan dudes know what we're talking about.

OK, at least Celt does here.  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top