Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:52:45 AM EDT
can anyone suggest a glue that would be safe for my Buckmark slide release tab?

it fell off when i was cleaning it, and now is very loose. its just the little tab part with the treads on it. the actual slide release is fine

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#1]
jb weld that sucker
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd almost say to replace the whole thing before you glue it back together.....

I've never glued metal gun parts together.

tagged....
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you called Browning to get a new one? I needed some small washers for my Buchmark and called Browning's customer service. They sent me twice what I needed and it was free.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Have you called Browning to get a new one? I needed some small washers for my Buchmark and called Browning's customer service. They sent me twice what I needed and it was free.

not yet.  i do need a washer that looks like a star that i lost during cleaning.  

it looks like it was glued or epoxyed at one point.   i can see the dried glue in the hole.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not yet.  i do need a washer that looks like a star that i lost during cleaning.  

it looks like it was glued or epoxyed at one point.   i can see the dried glue in the hole.

If that is the case, try some Gorilla Glue.

If you have any laying around, AcraGlas might work well, too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#6]
when i showed the range attendants at the NRA range, he showed me his buckmark, although it was called something different when he bought it the year i was born (1982)  his slide release is all one peice, but mine is two, the actual slide release and the tab with treads.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Call browning, they will set you up.

I love my Buckmark. Havent shot any of my rugers since getting this one(wears a Jpoint these days)
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are the washers that hold the top strap with the rear sight on the reciever. Those are the same ones I lost. They sent me several, all free.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#9]
cool   thats wonderful.   i have a feeling that as much as i clean my gun, somewhere along the line i will lose several of those tiny lil bastards.

i guess browning has pretty good customer service, i have never dealt with them before.  

how quickly did they send them?   i wanted to test out my new custom barrel this weekend...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#10]
That part is available from Brownells, too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#11]
what the hell are you doing when you clean your gun? sounds like more damage than good. call browning, and in the mean time use jb weld, or 2 part 2 ton epoxy
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
what the hell are you doing when you clean your gun? sounds like more damage than good. call browning, and in the mean time use jb weld, or 2 part 2 ton epoxy

i have no idea.   i mean, nothing too crazy.  i use a nylon toothbrush looking tool, and lil squares of t-shirt, q-tips and a rag.   i use rem-oil and break-free CLP.   i clean my gun after about 500 rounds, which is every other trip to the range.   i would say i clean it 2 or 3 times a month.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#13]
what kind of JB Weld?   there is marine and waterproof, etc...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#15]
When mine fell off I just used the quick setting JB Weld.  It took less time to fall off the first time than it has been since I glued it on.  Just make sure you thoroughly degrease before you glue.  I used alcohol but brake cleaner or other degreasers would work as well.  One advantage of JB Weld is its natural color is close to gun metal so the little bit that may show will not show up.

RE: Browning customer service,
They made me pay for the little "C" clip that retains the recoil spring on the guide rod.

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top