Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 2:54:43 PM EDT

I have a concrete gun room.  I need help cming up with ideas to mount several rifles horizontally.

They need to be as flat against the wall as possible b/c the room is long and narrow, only 3 feet wide.  

The best I came up w/ is peg board, but that doesn't look good.

I'm looking to stick to metal parts mostly, with rubber coated hooks to hold the rifles.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
WALMART has "bicycle hanging hooks"...should work for what you need

or get some 1"x2"s and drill holes lenghtwise then stick 1/2"-3 wooden dowls in the holes at an angle..this system would be adjustable to the differnt rifles.  More work though
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What type of guns?

Sounds kinda silly, but maybe those aluminum and rubber fishing rod holders? Wood base for the stock, fishing rod holder for the barrels?

Is this a "show off" room or a stash room,where appearance makes a difference?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]

It is more of a stash room/storm but it is a show room for me.  It is my "Commando" room, push- button lock and all...

There will be every type of long gun you could imagine, some w/ optics.

The guns need to hang from above head height down to near the floor, one on top another.

Keep em coming!  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Why can't they be stored vertically?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]

See above post:  There is not room enough for them to rest vertically, unless they were sideways. Even then they would have to lean against the wall, making the stock stick out from the wall too far.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top