Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 7:58:25 PM EDT
...toy car.

I officially feel kinda stupid.

So I'm out walking the dogs in my backyard and I know nobody is outside. But as I walk up the side of the house strange loud noises suddenly come from right beside me. Got as far as my hand on my Sig but I didn't pull it.

Neighbors kid has a toy car that must have some kind of proximity / motion or light detector. As soon as I got within 10 feet of it, or passed a shadow over it, it started making reving engine noises and machine gun sound effects.

Freaked the shit out of my two dogs too. Lots of teeth and barking.

I didn't know they made such sophisticated toys these days... or maybe the car is possessed...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I would of shot it up like an SUV in Compton
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's coming right at you on your own property you'd be perfectly justified in shooting it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Due to new car / truck safety you have to yell "WATCH OUT, IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US" before you are aloud  to return fire.
SQUIRREL!!!!! IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!!!!

*empties 30 rnd mag*

Boy, that was a close one...that thing had a mean streak a mile wide...with teath like this....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Due to new car / truck safety you have to yell "WATCH OUT, IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US" before you are aloud  to return fire.
SQUIRREL!!!!! IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!!!!

*empties 30 rnd mag*

Boy, that was a close one...that thing had a mean streak a mile wide...with teath like this....

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]

ACK !  

Zombie toy cars !!!

BAN TOY CARS FOR THE CHILDREN !!!

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]
A little flinchy, Ain't Ya?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, first you dis Team America (and the RC car within), now you almost draw down on another.
Face it Steyr, you're an RC Car Bigot.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#8]
As long as your not at a carwash you should be fine.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#10]
See if the kid calls the truck "Chucky".

Jim
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If it's coming right at you on your own property you'd be perfectly justified in shooting it.

Was in the neighbors yard.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A little flinchy, Ain't Ya?

+1

C'mon I didn't pull. But it did scare the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
anyone read "trucks" by stephen king?? only in mineature , It is the fist sign , quick everyone to your BOV's
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#14]
1 word

DECAF !!

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I didn't know they made such sophisticated toys these days... or maybe the car is possessed...

You have no idea.  Most toys have some sort of noise and a way for it to activate it via sound, disturbaing it, or light.  

I swear the kid's toys scattered about the house are a better security system than the one we pay for.  

If only the Bee buzzing around the toy mailbox had a dialout feature to call a central station......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top