Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 5:58:21 PM EDT
Blisters from new boots are on my heels. I have those lifetime guaranteed Red Head socks.
I've put a layer of Moleskin and two layers of duct tape over that and still can't totally prevent them. Any ideas out there?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried wearing 2 pairs of socks, maybe a thin one under your normal socks? LIke maybe a  dress sock.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I had tried that before with different boots and it did not work then. That's when I sprung for these Red Head socks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It just may be a break in period.  Some boots are like that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Completely soak in hot water.  Wear around for yard work and house type stuff on your feet till completely dry.  Polish (or Bee Wax, if non-military) then you are good to go.
Or spring for the $300 swiss made boots and never sweat a blister again.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Leave 'em in the closet?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Just man up and deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#7]
MOLESKIN
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Already did that with the last set of boots to the point of blood and scaring. Has to be a better way.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
MOLESKIN

Quoted:
Blisters from new boots are on my heels. I have those lifetime guaranteed Red Head socks.
I've put a layer of Moleskin and two layers of duct tape over that and still can't totally prevent them. Any ideas out there?

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Just don't tell the Corpsman about it. He'll cut your blister off!
Ouch
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Buy good boots!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Midol.

Seriously, new boots can casue blisters. That's why they require a break in period to mold to your foot. As for the soak em in water thing and wear em, i'll pass. Sounds like a one way ticket to foot problems of the fungal type..
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I would agree with soaking them in hot water but I would add you should wrap your feet in a couple layers of plastic bags while you are wearing the wet boots.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
These are good boots, Cabela Master Hunter, but that is all relative if they work or not.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't wear any socks and go for a 10 mile hike.

After the bloody stumps of your feet heal, you'll have steel calouses and you'll never sweat new boots again.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Buy good boots!

Some of the best boots can cause major blisters, think most British boots. I would ease into any new pair of boots, start by wearing them around the house, and gradually work up how far you walk in them each time...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Buy good boots!

Some of the best boots can cause major blisters, think most British boots. I would ease into any new pair of boots, start by wearing them around the house, and gradually work up how far you walk in them each time...

Who the fuck buys British boots?!  

I buy American, I buy local.  Kulien boots.  Every one is made by hand just down the road and my two pair fit like gloves for my feet.  No blisters, no discomfort.  Awesome boots.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
New boots don't make blisters badly if they fit right, but you always have to break them into you and your feet into them.  Two pairs of socks helps, and proactively apply Dr. Scholl's Moleskin to places on your feet that seem hot, before they become blisters.

You have to wear them and use them more and more until the hot spots stop forming.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#19]
sounds to me like you have a shallow heel. they make boot incerts taht are just a plastic peice that goes round the heel and helps fill the gap. it helps a hell of a lot, less room move around in, makes the fit of the overall boot tighter, etc. i dont know where to get them, but most leather and boot stores should have them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I wear a silk liner or similar sometimes when breaking in new boots, but yeah it's part of the process. I rarely get blisters though
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#21]
The last two boots I bought  that were from AMERICAN companies were still made in China. Hard to get around foreign manufacturing. BTW, they are well made.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The last two boots I bought  that were from AMERICAN companies were still made in China. Hard to get around foreign manufacturing. BTW, they are well made.

My heavy hiking boots are Swiss, made by Raichle.  They cost big bucks and were worth every penny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top