Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 4:49:06 PM EDT
I got my first paycheck from my new job and was gonna go cash it at the bank it is drawn on. Now I know how banks treat people without an account at the bank the check is drawn on, I was skeptical they would cash it. I pulled up to the drive thru and my wife said "They ain't gonna do it....". I endorsed the check and put it and my license in the carrier and punched "send".

After a few moments came the required "Hi, how are you today? Do you have an account with us?" No I said. "Then you'll have to come inside the lobby, present two forms of ID and submit a fingerprint for us to cash the check for you."

"Ok", I said. As I drove around to the lobby I said to my wife, "Watch this shit!" I pulled my .45 out of my holster, secured it in the truck, locked up the truck and we went inside the lobby. I approached an older man at one of the teller bays, and presented my check and my driver license and said I wanted to cash it. He asked, "Do you have an account with us?"

No sir I said.

He said he would need two forms of ID to cash the check.

I whipped out my CCW and handed it to him. He looked at it, looked at me, kind of hesitated, looked down at my "area" and said "Don't you have another form of ID?"

I said, "That ID is issued by the state of Texas and it has all the same info on my license. It is accepted by the state of Texas."

"But,", he pissed, "don't you have a credit card?"

"Sure I have a credit card, but my handgun license ID's me the same as a DL."

He spent a long amount of time looking at it and punched a whole bunch of crap into the computer, looked at me several more times, and then FINALLY cashed it. LMAO!! I've never seen a bigger pussfied bitch.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You could've said, "In order to get this, I had to prove that I'm at least partially educated and reasonably responsible. You can't say as much for getting a credit card!"
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
...and all this time I thought I was the only one who did that to rattle the sheep.

Well done.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm continually surprised by some people's attitudes towards guns down here. I expected everyone in the state to be Yosimite Sam!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Submit a fingerprint? Man, no way.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...and all this time I thought I was the only one who did that to rattle the sheep.

Well done.

I never give anyone but a LEO in a traffic stop(when I'm driving) a Driver's License.

A CCW or a Merchant Mariner's Document generally work.

The Merchant Mariner's Document draws all sorts of questions.

Sometimes I tell the sheeple "I can't answer that, ma'am."
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#7]
What was the name of the bank?  Damn, a fingerprint!!!!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
"Ok", I said. As I drove around to the lobby I said to my wife, "Watch this shit!" I pulled my .45 out of my holster, secured it in the truck, locked up the truck and we went inside the lobby. I approached an older man at one of the teller bays, and presented my check and my driver license and said I wanted to cash it. He asked, "Do you have an account with us?"

I use my CHL for a secondary form of ID (sometimes as a primary source) whenever I can.  But I'm confused.  Why'd you disarm yourself, and leave your pistol in the truck?  30.06 sign on the bank?  

I would have carried in there.  No reason to disarm, you weren't (planning on) brandishing, etc.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Isn't it illegal to ask for a credit card as a form of ID?

Maybe just to require as a form of ID
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I use my CHL for a secondary form of ID (sometimes as a primary source) whenever I can.  But I'm confused. Why'd you disarm yourself, and leave your pistol in the truck?  30.06 sign on the bank?  

I would have carried in there.  No reason to disarm, you weren't (planning on) brandishing, etc.  

Because I would have no longer been "concealed".

It was a Wells Fargo bank.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#12]
They make you put a fingerprint on the check.  It isn't stored or run through anything.  Still crap but an employee has to do it to cash his paycheck.

Good job Mike!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I use my CHL for a secondary form of ID (sometimes as a primary source) whenever I can.  But I'm confused. Why'd you disarm yourself, and leave your pistol in the truck?  30.06 sign on the bank?  

Ahh... not carrying concealed?  How were you carrying?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh... not carrying concealed?  How were you carrying?

We do have to carry concealed. I figured that since I was showing the CCL, that he would figure I had a gun. Maybe he would figure I was telling him I had a gun. Just in case he was a triple dick headed asshole, I left it in the truck. That's what I meant by "no longer concealed." Sure they couldn't see the gun, but why take a chance...?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We do have to carry concealed. I figured that since I was showing the CCL, that he would figure I had a gun. Maybe he would figure I was telling him I had a gun. Just in case he was a tripple dick headed asshole, I left it in the truck. That's what I meant by "no longer concealed." Sure they couldn't see the gun, but why takek a chance...?

Aha!  Yep.  May have saved yourself some hassle on the "triple dickheaded asshole" (I'm using that one day).  Just wanted to clarify

Maybe I should rethink things.  Whenever I use my CHL as a form of ID, I have a gun on me.  Maybe he would have thought you were using it like a bank robber uses a little note when he's gonna rob the place.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#17]
couldn't you just cash the paycheck at the bank you have an account at with no hassle?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We do have to carry concealed. I figured that since I was showing the CCL, that he would figure I had a gun. Maybe he would figure I was telling him I had a gun. Just in case he was a tripple dick headed asshole, I left it in the truck. That's what I meant by "no longer concealed." Sure they couldn't see the gun, but why takek a chance...?

Aha!  Yep.  May have saved yourself some hassle on the "triple dickheaded asshole" (I'm using that one day).  Just wanted to clarify

Maybe I should rethink things.  Whenever I use my CHL as a form of ID, I have a gun on me.  Maybe he would have thought you were using it like a bank robber uses a little note when he's gonna rob the place.

I would still carry.  Its not illegal.  And banks are likely places to have trouble.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Here in North Carolina, our CCW law prohibites carrying in a bank.  That's why I love direct deposit!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would still carry.  Its not illegal.  And banks are likely places to have trouble.

+1

No 30.06, no put gun away.  It's the fucking law in the Great State of Texas, and some stupid-shit dummy in a bank can't change it.  

HH
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Just show 'em your belt buckle  [bad redneck joke]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#23]

What the hell were the dumbasses going to do ? take my check and thank me?

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Heres one for ya!

My buddy owed me some money and wrote me a check.

When I got to his bank there was a $5.00 service charge for cashing checks.

I was on the phone in a flash. "Hey John write me a check for $5.00 we are gonna have some fun!"

So I go back with the check for $5.00 and presented it!

The teller looked at me then looked at the sign.

I looked at her and then looked at the sign and smiled.

She goes and confers with an older lady. They look at me ..........I smile!

They get a guy in a suit to come over. He looks at me........I smile my best "Try it MoFo Just try it" smile.

Then the teller walks back and gives me  $5.00. "Have a nice day sir!"

I thought about it later and decided I should have got the check written for $5.05

OK....that's the hardest I've laughed all freaking week!

HH
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That's SOP in my city. No fingerprint, no check cashed. This is if you do not have an account at the bank.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I used mine in a beer distributor, while picking up a keg, for proof of age. (ours has DOB and photo)

And just the other day, at the post office, to open a PO Box.
When I asked "Will this work" She looked and said "Yes, that will be perfect", so I handed it to her, then she started looking at it to type it into computer, and said "Oh, I see what this is".  Not really in a snotty way, but a surprised way. I think she initially thought it was a DL.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Heres one for ya!

I was on the phone in a flash. "Hey John write me a check for $5.00 we are gonna have some fun!"

They get a guy in a suit to come over. He looks at me........I smile my best "Try it MoFo Just try it" smile.

I thought about it later and decided I should have got the check written for $5.05

Five bucks to cash their own check...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I do that with my firearms licence up here too
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I used my CWL as a second ID.  The young lady behind the counter didn't  bat an eye, and just wrote down the info. from that and my DL, as was proper under the circumstances..  Yes, I was carrying, too.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Heres one for ya!

Then the teller walks back and gives me $5.00. "Have a nice day sir!"

I may do that! LMAO!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's SOP in my city. No fingerprint, no check cashed. This is if you do not have an account at the bank.

I always write "TDC" beside the fingerprint as they try to pull the check from me. Then they curiously ask what TDC means and I explain that it is a legal phrase which denotes that I did not voluntarily submit to giving my fingerprint, but that it was given due to the "threat, duress, and coercion" on their part and that furthermore, in this country (as most of the tellers are third worlders), we do not like being treated as common criminals being booked for a crime by a common clerk, regardless of whether they are just doing their job, because after all, that it is just what the Nazis were doing. Does it accomplish anything under the law? No. But, if they are going to ruin my day, I figure I might as well ruin theirs as well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I used mine in a beer distributor, while picking up a keg, for proof of age. (ours has DOB and photo)

mine goes so far as to have citizenship listed
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I had to do this as well in a Wells Fargo here in Klamath Falls, OR and the lady at the counter smiled at me and said her husband has one and shes getting one soon.  

God I love the country.

-Fidel
Out
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I've seen several stores here lately want to see your DL if you use a credit card. I gave a guy my CHL one day by mistake and he said OK cool that will do but you do have a DL right? I just had to laugh at him.

Back in the 70's there was a Peaches record store in Dallas that required 2 picture ID's to write a check there. My company ID had a pic on it so they accepted that but I had to mess with them. I would always ink my thumb and press it on the back of the check just to freak out the clerks. The store manager just happened to be standing there and turned bright red. The next time I went in the store they didn't require two forms of ID anymore. I always wondered why.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#35]

My bank requires a second form of ID if you want to cash anything larger than $500.  I've used my CCW license as the second form of ID quite a few times.  The tellers at the bank don't bat an eyelash at it which is surprising considering this is Massachusetts.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I have done the same - good for you!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:15:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Army paychecks used to have some spiel on them about being able to be endorsed with an 'X' if you had 2 witnesses.

One payday I grabbed a couple of other guys and we headed to the bank.

What a circus! I told the teller I couldn't read or write.She called the head cashier who called the manager who called the home office......

It took almost 2 hours, but I got it cashed. Phone calls, the whole bit. They actually called the battery! The CQ told the bank that I couldn't read or write(he knew what was going on.)

The story went through the whole battalion like shit through a goose. The OIC(a captain) of the S1 shop actually came over to my arms room and asked me about it. He thought it was as funny as hell. "I always wondered about that," he said.

The next month, cashing my check only took a couple minutes, so we stopped doing it. It wasn't fun any more.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:29:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My bank requires a second form of ID if you want to cash anything larger than $500.  I've used my CCW license as the second form of ID quite a few times.  The tellers at the bank don't bat an eyelash at it which is surprising considering this is Massachusetts.

The reason te bank teller didn't bat an eye is because they figured you to be some kind of politically connected big shot.

Back in the 70s, a CCW could be considered prima facia evidence that the bearer was the CLEOs brother in law or was blowing him or something along these lines. I don't know how it is today.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:29:49 AM EDT
[#39]
I tried to open an account at Bank of America with my MD DL and my FL CCW (both show my MD address), holy crap, talk about a confused bank employee.  I ended up just giving her a CC since I had other stuff I wanted to accomplish before noon.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:47:37 AM EDT
[#40]
I can't see how a CC is any form of ID? If a cop pulls me over, can I just flash my credit card?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:13:36 AM EDT
[#41]
I use my CHL as PRIMARY form of ID. I feel the best way to calm the sheep is to make them feel its of no threat and they should encounter it as an every day thing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:14:58 AM EDT
[#42]
I went to my bank Fri afternoon about 5:00. I fell into line behind about 20 Hispanic guys all cashing their paychecks Each one had to submit a fingerprint. When I got to the counter I told the teller"I'm not with them".
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
couldn't you just cash the paycheck at the bank you have an account at with no hassle?

What he said.  Why go thru the bother?  I left banks years ago and went to credit unions because of stuff like this.

The newer banks here don't even have PEOPLE.  You talk to a video screen and send stuff thru a vacum tube.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.  Why go thru the bother?  I left banks years ago and went to credit unions because of stuff like this.

The newer banks here don't even have PEOPLE.  You talk to a video screen and send stuff thru a vacum tube.

I don't know about him, but it was a hassle to cash my paycheck at our credit union where we have done business for 10 years. My paycheck was drawn on a Business account with just the bosses name on it. This in the credit unions eyes, making it a personal account.  Therefore I had to wait 4-7 days for funds to be available if they couldn't get ahold of the issuing bank, which usually took a good half hour when they did try. I cashed my check at the issuing bank, fingerprint, 2 forms of ID everytime, but I had my cash within 5 minutes everytime too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:50:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Wells Fargo sucks.Brian
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Heres one for ya!

I would, if you cashed a $4 check would you really owe them a dollar?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#47]
As of around 1 year ago, The Bank of New York  would no longer accept Active Duty Military ID (White Card) and I had an account with them! The Bank Manager at each location told me that "those" ID's have been forged. I explained that a driver's license is easy to forge then a Department of Defense ID card with embedded chip. It did not matter, I closed all my accounts with them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always write "TDC" beside the fingerprint as they try to pull the check from me. Then they curiously ask what TDC means and I explain that it is a legal phrase which denotes that I did not voluntarily submit to giving my fingerprint, but that it was given due to the "threat, duress, and coercion" on their part and that furthermore, in this country (as most of the tellers are third worlders), we do not like being treated as common criminals being booked for a crime by a common clerk, regardless of whether they are just doing their job, because after all, that it is just what the Nazis were doing. Does it accomplish anything under the law? No. But, if they are going to ruin my day, I figure I might as well ruin theirs as well.

Whoa, that's gotta  have those gol durn third world types shakin' in their sandals.
So, Soverign, basically you write three letters next to your fingerprint so you can
dump on some bank clerk. Tough guy, you are. If you feel so strongly about the way you're
treated, why don't you lay that rap on the guy in the suit in the big corner office?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#49]
[qoute]Whoa, that's gotta have those gol durn third world types shakin' in their sandals.
So, Soverign, basically you write three letters next to your fingerprint so you can
dump on some bank clerk. Tough guy, you are. If you feel so strongly about the way you're
treated, why don't you lay that rap on the guy in the suit in the big corner office?

Why don't you go kick the mayors ass because a cop tasered a kid?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top