Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 12:13:22 PM EDT
A gentleman in the town where I live recently recruited me for the next day and a half to take care of his dog while he's away on business. All it involves is driving 5 miles up the road a total of 5 times to let the dog out and feed him his food when the time is right.

What's a fair price? $25? I'm already taking care of 4 dogs at home here so it's not a huge task.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
$25 bucks seem pretty reasonable.  A kennel charges about that per day but the dog is in a cell.  Pretty cheap consider the annoyance for your to have to get in and out of your car and etc. 5 times.

Patty
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, I'm all for charging more, just trying to get an idea on what I can get without being a gouger. It is going to be a pain to get in and out and do the driving over and over.....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude,  the guy is going to be gone.

You are a lonely teenager boy.

You have the dog..
Enjoy your weekend

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Just enough for gas and the ammo you used on the dog.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just enough for gas and the ammo you used on the dog.

I could even save a few pennies and charge him for the time it would to call the local ATF office and report an NFA violation
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to be very professional call a couple of kennels and see how much it would cost him to kennel his dog for two days and give him a 30% break.  Be nice though, situations like these could turn to be silver linings in clouds.  If you need someone for reference later on or etc he could come in handy.  There's nothing wrong with doing a neighbor a favor.

Patty
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I would charge him enough to make him think twice about having you do it again.

My sis actually has me stay over at her family's place when I dog sit their 4 hounds - they're so spoiled.  I eat all her food, watch Pay-per-view, drink all of my brother in law's high-end booze, and use their hot tub naked.  Therefore, I don't charge her.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My sis actually has me stay over at her family's place when I dog sit their 4 hounds - they're so spoiled.  I eat all her food, watch Pay-per-view, drink all of my brother in law's high-end booze, and use their hot tub naked.  Therefore, I don't charge her.

List of people to watch my dogs while on vacation:

Neighbor
Business partner
Dolomite

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]
When's the party?

On a serious note. If the guy is, as you say, a gentleman, you probably don't have to worry about what to charge. He'll probably offer you more than you would bill him without even asking you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When's the party?

Party's at Prefect's hizouse!!!  DUDE!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thanks for the visual, Dolomite!

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh - you want a visual?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I wanta party with you dude!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wanta party with you dude!

Sgatr15

Sitting in a hot tub naked with Dolomite got you all excited I see.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Okay a serious reply. My daughter cat sits for a friend of mine when he goes to the electronics show in LV. (he makes high end stereo's) He is normally gone for three0four days and he pays her 50 bucks to feed the cat twice a day and make sure it has water. For a 14 year old kid that's good wages. I cannot recommend going much higher than the $25.00 mentioned. Be nice, it pays off later on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top