Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 7:11:41 AM EDT
Up here in Michigan we have an Amber Alert law where if a little kid gets kidnapped the media has to keep broadcasting the alert, along with all the highway road conditions signs broadcasting the information.

The police unions are demanding that the state adopt a "Blue Alert" law which will require the same broadcasts whenever someone assaults a police officer and is wanted for the crime.

The state house is going to roll over and pass the law.

edit for better English
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Up here in Michigan we have an Amber Alert law where if a little kid gets kidnapped the media has to keep broadcasting the alert, along with all the highway road conditions signs broadcasting the information.

The police unions are demanding that the state adopt a "Blue Alert" law which will have to do the same broadcasts whenever someone assaults a police officer and is wanted for the crime.

Of course.  All people are equal but some are more equal than others.  They are more valuable.  That's why there are stiffer fines for killing them, touching them etc.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The police unions are demanding that the state adopt a "Blue Alert" law which will have to do the same broadcasts whenever someone assaults a police officer and is wanted for the crime.

Of course.  All people are equal but some are more equal than others.  They are more valuable.  That's why there are stiffer fines for killing them, touching them etc.

How bout a RED ALERT making it legal to go after cops who fuck up and shoot innocent people?
We could put the JBTs pic up and he becomes fair game.
I think there would be a lot fewer "accidental" shootings etc. by cops.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:15:36 AM EDT
[#3]
If someone assaults me and runs, can I get the same thing?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How bout a RED ALERT making it legal to go after cops who fuck up and shoot innocent people?
We could put the JBTs pic up and he becomes fair game.
I think there would be a lot fewer "accidental" shootings etc. by cops.

Nice.
So, if there was accountability or consequences more care might be taken?  I believe so. Awesome.

BTW, I appreciate the work cops do and they deserve proper funding and the support of the community but when they kill an innocent person it should be just as wrong as when anyone else does it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#5]
All of this crap is just going to make the alerts useless, and eventually TV and radio will stop carrying them.

Amber alerts already have been issued and retracted for teenagers who went "missing" when they really were out partying for the weekend and didn't tell mommy and daddy.  Also, there have been complaints when they've been issued for divorced spouses keeping their kids longer than slightly longer than the allotted visitation.  The MDSP now hesitates on amber alerts until absolutely sure it is a real kidnapping/missing situation, thus causing the odds to go against recovery, only because they have been burned in the past and don't want future alerts just to be ignored.

If we end up with amber alerts, blue alerts, orange alerts, and more, no one will pay any attention and eventually they'll all be stopped.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Question is will anyone respond to a blue alert?  I mean, Amber alert works because everyone really really hates child preditors and wants to protect the innocent.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
California ... figures.

WTF?

Arn't all people created equal? I read that somewhere ... I think. We now have special people: minorities, cops, judges, politicians, women, children ... everyone but white male civilians are on some special treatment list. I'm betting that by the time I hit 65 years old they'll no longer give the senior citizen discount to white men.

Bingo.  The left did not erase privilege in this society, they just reversed it.  Now everyone is special except for white male property owners.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
All of this crap is just going to make the alerts useless, and eventually TV and radio will stop carrying them.

Exactly.  Lets create "Alerts" untill nobody gives a rat's ass anymore.  Brilliant!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:28:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If someone assaults me and runs, can I get the same thing?

sounds fair to me, go get them tiger
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#11]
We need rainbow alerts for damaged self-esteem!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#13]
pink alerts for those awful awful hate crimes against people differently sexual proclivity abled? disabled? addled? or maybe just an audible shriek alert?

i agree (without bashing leo's no less!) this is a stupid idea! as said above, it lessens the amber alert (much more important to me!) and gives the perception that somehow one segment of our adult society is more deserving than anyone else...

as usual, we have to be ever alert...give the g an inch and...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:36:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You have no idea how stupid this sounds to me.

I was charged once as a kid for assaulting an officer.  Apparently I assaulted him with my face causing him to break a finger.

Yes, it was dropped.

Tj

Did you also hit his knee with your testicles?  

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
All of this crap is just going to make the alerts useless, and eventually TV and radio will stop carrying them..

Worth repeating.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.  Lets create "Alerts" untill nobody gives a rat's ass anymore.  Brilliant!

Same thing happened with car alarms.  Nobody really pays any attention if they hear a car alarm go off anymore.  The normal reaction is hoping whoever owns the car will turn off that god awful noise.

Just like what happened to store alarms..... No one pays attention not even the employees.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:47:27 AM EDT
[#18]
If it's a big enough story the news would break in anyway.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#19]
All of a sudden these alerts would be happening and the sheeple will be thinking, “wow, a lot of cops are getting assaulted” and then draconian powers and outlandish paramilitary equipment will be easier to justify.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
All of a sudden these alerts would be happening and the sheeple will be thinking, “wow, a lot of cops are getting assaulted” and then draconian powers and outlandish paramilitary equipment will be easier to justify.

So...you're saying the news media could be used as a propaganda machine to further an agenda......

Hmmm.......

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Children are children.

Adults are adults.

Did Huggies get a mass order from the police unions?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So...you're saying the news media could be used as a propaganda machine to further an agenda......

Hmmm.......

LOL!

OMG!  I appear to be in total agreement with arowneragain after flipping out on him the other day...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#23]
If someone assaults me, can you please call mine a "Mauve" alert?  Not that I like mauve, it just sounds soooooooo faaaabulous!

NorCalicious
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Make a sign, post it on the bulletin board.  So much junk nobody reads any of it.  Then someone will ask you, "Didn't you read the sign?"  "Didn't you read the notice?"

"Which sign?  There's about 100 of them."
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm.......

LOL!

OMG!  I appear to be in total agreement with arowneragain after flipping out on him the other day...

Stranger things have happened.

edit:
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Umm! Yeah!! it already exists, It's called "BOLO" (Be on the look out!!) gets issued for every fleeing criminal no matter what they stole or did!!!

DUHHHH!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I can see that working in the opposite direction and everyone clams up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Who waived a majic wand and made the life of a cop MORE valuable than those they supposedly protect.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#31]
It's not just cops.

In NYC I see signs on buses saying that any type of violence with the bus driver is an automatic felony charge- something like that to the effect of "These bus drivers are better than you and touching them for whatever reason, whether warranted or not, will land you a sentence that is triple as bad as doing the same thing to anyone else".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top