Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 1:23:32 AM EDT
 How many times a night is to many to go to the restroom? (Taking a wizz)  For about a week now maybe two I end up getting up 5-7 times a day (sleep days, work nights)...Nothing new has changed in my eating/drinking habits.....Just wondering....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends.  (No pun intended)
What's your age?
Men over 50 can develop BPH, enlargement of the prostate, which leads to urinary frequency.
If you're younger, you need to be checked for diabetes.
Less commonly, urinary tract infections or another entity called diabetes insipidus can lead to frequency.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:32:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Just turned 29......Guess ill hit the Dr. once I get insurance form work....  :)
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:34:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Uhh, that's too many.

No changes in your pre bedtime habits? How old are you? No recent changes in your diet or patterns?

Try not drinking liquids too close to bedtime. Take a leak just before going to bed.

I usually go all night without having to get up to urinate. So normal for me is zero. What is normal for you?

ETA I'm way too slow a typist.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's diabetes, you need to know sooner rather than later.  A check-up at a Family Doctor won't break the bank and can help to avoid long-term complications.  Don't blow this off in the name of being cheap.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:37:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Im starting to wonder if this new job is doing it. I started ummm about 3-4 weeks ago on the night  shift 7p-7a......But have only been going alot for maybe 2 weeks or so..... I have takin sleeping pills about 3 days now, I sleep great but still will wake up and go......
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not aware of certain lines of work resulting in nocturia/frequency.  

See a doctor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top