Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2005 5:58:50 PM EDT
Is there any way to become a paying member without being traceable?

Lets face it.. I Buy in to some of this tin-foil-hat stuff sometimes..

I really want to be a paying member but worry about such things..  Which is probably stupid as my IP is being recorded as we speak…

Anyhow, I have gained so much from reading here from converting from a Democrat to A republican to a renewed sense of responsibility for the 2nd amendment…

So What do I do?
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i suppose you can mail a money order or cash.

reaslitically you are on the net. if anyone REALLY wants to track you down <.gov> they already know who you are.

Good Point.. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I really want to be a paying member but worry about such things..  Which is probably stupid as my IP is being recorded as we speak…

Anyhow, I have gained so much from reading here from converting from a Democrat to A republican to a renewed sense of responsibility for the 2nd amendment…

So What do I do?

You stop smoking Pot, and get some f'in help for your Paranoia, that's what.

ETA: And after reviewing the vidtapes - go back and wash your hands, you digusting pig.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So What do I do?

You stop smoking Pot, and get some f'in help for your Paranoia, that's what.

ETA: And after reviewing the vidtapes - go back and wash your hands, you digusting pig.

Never smoke the ganga but washing the hands anyways..  
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
mail cash in an envelope with a note as to which account to upgrade

Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a valid concern. The FBI got my home information from the owners here (I was a paying member at the time) because they wanted to ask about a photo from a Michigan pit shoot that I posted here.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
make sure the note isn't hand written and print it out on a public printer if the tinfoil isn't thick enough
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It is a valid concern. The FBI got my home information from the owners here (I was a paying member at the time) because they wanted to ask about a photo from a Michigan pit shoot that I posted here.

whao....wait a tick.

the avilas gave away your home information?
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Why are you worried about being traced?  Are you wanted or something?  This is not illegal or nuttin.  All of us paying members are doing just fine.

Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I remember that.

Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Loose lips sink ships.

Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So What do I do?

Do you realize that all an admin has to do to get info on you is get your IP address, go to 1 pubicly avalible website and get the leasing info on the IP, which provides them your ISP info includeing contact info.  Call up your isp, give them the IP address,  time it was used and ask them who it was, and they could be at your front door that day.

But I'm sure an ISP woudln't provide that infomation without some kind of warrant, or at least you hope.  BUT thats why proxy servers are your friend
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

whao....wait a tick.

the avilas gave away your home information?

+1 we need an answer from the big goat on this one or this may be my last visit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#17]
iirc they gave out the name because the alternative was something along the lines of let the site get shutdown so they can grab the servers

I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Send in your money and tell them that you want to upgrade Johnny_Reno's account.

It's the secret account that only special people are allowed to use.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#19]
It isn't any kind of secret. It was about a year ago, and the FBI folks were looking for a guy who owned a bolt rifle of which the front half was in one of my photos.  I posted the photos here after a member Pit shoot--the Pit is open to everyone so we Michigan members only had half the firing line.

I told them I didn't know any bolt gunners at the Pit and they asked me to let them know if I ran across the guy.

Quoted:
i am checking with staff guys. i wouldn't start freaking out just yet. Big ed and the boys are usually pretty concerned about such things.

Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
make sure the note isn't hand written and print it out on a public printer if the tinfoil isn't thick enough

Don't forget the wear gloves, make your own paper, cut out letters from six newspapers from across the country, make your own glue to secure your message and mail it to Ted "the Unabomber" Kaczynski and ask what they crap he would do.

R.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I suddenly really like EdAvilaSr!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

ETA:  ANYTHING and everything you post on the internet is "traceable."  There is NO anonymity here from law enforcement.  

I wouldn't quite say that. THere are ways to cover your tracks. I've done network security for many years. a subpoena will help in the search, but for someone who truly wants to remain anonymous, and takes the necessary steps, tracking them down can be a real bitch.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#25]
The best thing that you can do to support the 2nd is to out yourself to the .gov and the public at large.  They need to know that there are millions who are proud to be American, and not afraid to defend her.

The tin foil types who refuse to join the NRA etc because they are afraid to get on the "lists" are creating their very own little self fufilling prophecy.

It takes a certain level of courage, but less then it took to sighn a certain document, or cross the Delaware a few years back.  Hell it requires less courage than that displayed by M.L King, N. Mendella, or the average marcher of the annual "Gay Pride" parade.

"all that is required for evil to prosper, is for good men to do nothing"

"if we do not hang together, then surely we shall all hang seperately"   - B. Franklin

<apologies for the slight possible misquotes- It's the thought that counts>
I know, I know, I'm going to enlist as a paying member soon, so as to limit the charges of hypocricy
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
and posts here while drinking beer in your underwear, you are in no danger of anything beyond baldness and spare tire syndrome.  Oh, and BRD.  

YOU CAN SEE ME?
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yes--smile and wave at the little gold star by your screen name.  hehe  

Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Thumbs up to BillofRights!  I agree.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#33]
If you are on the NET (and you are), there is a long line of bread crumbs leading back to you.

Lighten up Francis.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#35]
I already know where you live.

The layout of the floor plan.

I have study the buildings across the street for months now mapping out my paln.

You have no chance...all you IPs belong to us.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Imagine that...the FBI lurking here...to the extent that they can recognize one rifle out of thousands of photos of rifles posted here...

Where's the new roll of tin foil
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#37]
How can I delete my post...

I'm scared now...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Imagine that...the FBI lurking here...to the extent that they can recognize one rifle out of thousands of photos of rifles posted here...

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

WTF?

I never heard about this one.

ETA okay.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Why are you worried about being traced?  Are you wanted or something?  This is not illegal or nuttin.  All of us paying members are doing just fine.

He's probably like me and wants to stay under the radar as much as is possible these days just on general principal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The best thing that you can do to support the 2nd is to out yourself to the .gov and the public at large.  They need to know that there are millions who are proud to be American, and not afraid to defend her.

The tin foil types who refuse to join the NRA etc because they are afraid to get on the "lists" are creating their very own little self fufilling prophecy.

It takes a certain level of courage, but less then it took to sighn a certain document, or cross the Delaware a few years back.  Hell it requires less courage than that displayed by M.L King, N. Mendella, or the average marcher of the annual "Gay Pride" parade.

"all that is required for evil to prosper, is for good men to do nothing"

"if we do not hang together, then surely we shall all hang seperately"  
 - B. Franklin

Bravo!  This is a great post!  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Finding someone is directly proportional to money spent. If you have enough money/resources anyone can be found( lets not mention bin lid)

But what have you got to worry about if you ain't doin nothing wrong?

Taffy

I'm bracing myself for becoming a paying member.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Send in your money and tell them that you want to upgrade Johnny_Reno's account.

It's the secret account that only special people are allowed to use.

Better yet, send in your cash and tell them to upgrade Stator's account, else he has promised to post much more in frequency.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#46]
BTW, I should add that each of us is already being traced with bots contracted by gun control advocacy groups. I won't go into how it is done, but be assured that they are as I've used the same technique here on ARFCom to check on their bots, and lord behold, my bot logged two confirmed IP addresses.

Back in the dot.com heyday, I worked at a very small professional services company. This was one of our product lines. However, out of the six directors, three of us were pro-gun and two of us were members of AR15.com up to late 1999 when our company was acquired by some big corporate outfit.

One of the directors had some ammo from ammoman shipped to work due. Our recepionist agreed and signed for the ammo. However, the CEO freaked when he found out that crate was 1000 rounds of 9mm. He put out a policy shortly afterwards of no ammo shipments to work.

We quitly revolted by organizing a team--building exercise at the local indoor range down the street (now called Reed's). Most of the directors and employees stayed there all afternoon long shooting. If you know what an amp-fest is for guitar players, this was a handgun fest for employees. We had glocks, 1911s, hipowers, Berrettas, SIGs, and S&W plus others for all to sample. Fun had by all. The CEO spent the next week whippering/whinning about it. Tough shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top