Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2001 10:31:16 PM EDT
What do you all drink?  I heard once that Coors supported antis such as HCI.  Don't know if it was a rumor or what but even a rumor was enough to make me switch to Anhieser-Busch, who support all kinds of hunting, shooting, fishing, etc. things.  But wait, what am I thinking, I don't drink at all! [0:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Henie! But when funds are low or planning for a long night budlite or coorslite in that order.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
COLD and FREE!
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Shutzenfest[spelling]was sponsored by Coors when no other company sponsored shooting.Busch does sponsor now along with a few others.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't drink much at all anymore...
I used to get a bit out of hand (excessive)...
I like Bass Ale and a few other darks..
For cheap stuff I drink Bud for real cheap stuff I used to drink Old Milwaukee oh and for REAL cheap stuff I would by Boones Farm grape wine...

sober..[red]Evil-Beagles[/red]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I dont drink all that much beer, but when I do it is usually Coors. Now what I really like is Jack Daniels sour mash whiskey!!!![beer][whacko]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Matthew S:
I heard once that Coors supported antis such as HCI.
View Quote

Do you remember sometime in the 80's, or early 90's when Tipper Gore, and all of those other Senator's Wives started that big music censorship campaign called the PMRC? I remember hearing something about Coors being connected to it in some way. I was just out of high school, and I remember a kind of "boycott" of Coors from our drinkin parties.[beer]

Dont know about their stance on firearms.....I like Bud anyway.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:21:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Neither Bud nor Coors is fit to drink, they both make great reactive targets in can form though [:D]  About the lightest beer I'll drink is a Bass or SA seasonal brew, I tend to like the real malty scottish brews.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No matter what brand of beer, you cant own it, just rent it.
View Quote

Another reason to love a good micro-brewed Porter or Stout! I find that the "rental period" of a good thick beer is much longer. More like eating than drinking! [:)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Black Butte Porter,  I don't like lite beer give me the dark stuf

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Domestic beer just plain SUCKS! With the exception od some micro brews of course. The mainstream brews, Bud, Coors, Miller, etc., are amde for Americans that cant handle the heavier stuff, then there's the "bottom feeder" trailor park crap i.e. PBR which is no different than drinking used toilet water (not that I know what that's like)

My main preference is Red Wine though I'm not much a drinker, too many bad expericnes with Alchoholics
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Coors. But beer is beer - and [b]BEER[/b] is a good thing!

[flag]

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Beer, you want to talk beer?  I drink Yengling 'Black and Tan'. All the rest are upstarts, they are the oldest brewery in the USA, established 1829!
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Coors supporting HCI? I don't recall that one. Anheiser Busch (Budweiser) is a definite supporter of gun control. Didn't Coors used to underwrite a  shooting match every year around their home turf?
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Some of you guys sound like a bunch of quitters!

Coors in the early days gave random polygraphs, employee car searches, and were accused of racial profiling.  They can't be all bad.  The only way to get true Coors is in Colorado where it is unpasteurized.  Although I am not much of a beer drinker.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#18]
That swill isn't fit to drink. If I was dehydrated and on fire, I would not use Bud or Coors to put myself out.  I don't drink too much these days, but I like a good Amber or Bock.  I try to drink Fullsail, if I am hanging out with my friends.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Matthew S:
I heard once that Coors supported antis such as HCI.  Don't know if it was a rumor or what but even a rumor was enough to make me switch to Anhieser-Busch, who support all kinds of hunting, shooting, fishing, etc. things.
View Quote

That was no rumour.  I saw an article on them in an issue in the National Alliance of Stocking Dealers.  Coors does support the anti-gunners.  I haven't drunk their beer in a while.  For me, O'dule's, a Budwieser product.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Coors supporting HCI? I don't recall that one. Anheiser Busch (Budweiser) is a definite supporter of gun control. Didn't Coors used to underwrite a  shooting match every year around their home turf?
View Quote

if bud is anti gun then why the whole sportsmans club thing they have? i dont know all the details being under 21.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Coors + Scab = Scab Beer Fuck them Non Union Bastards.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Bud-wies-er
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Old Style

OlDad
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I am a Bud man. They are progun and so am I.

Six
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#25]
..I used to work as a fork truck loader at Coors when I was 18. TALK ABOUT TEMPTATION! That was back when they had free and fresh brew on tap in the lunch rooms (1990). I had to leave because the place was a social experiment that would put D.C. to shame. Ol' Pete made it a point to hire lesbians for supervisors (they only experience they had with beer was to shove a bottle where the sun don't shine). It seemed if you had a disability the more qualified it made you to run a bottle line. The place is really screwed up. My dad left after 23 years because of all the bullshit and PC attitude.
..anyway..yes...Keystone beer was the shit left at the bottom of the holding tank before purging the lines..hey Pete! [moon]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I quit drinking coors found out they gave way to much money to the envriros which has helped shut down some good riding areas here in the prk.besides you need to drink 3 of them to equal 1 good beer
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#27]
bud? coors?
sure, i'll have another.[beer] beeeelch!
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Wild Turkey neat & chilled.

I heard Coor's Winterfest was just Killians + Coors Light.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#29]
There is nothing better than a German beer.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Coors.  I've drank enough of their products over the years to have paid for that #40 Nascar they sponsor.[^]

AR Sniper:  I remember a year or so ago that CWA had taken Coors off the boycott list. My union wouldnt lie to me......would yours?[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Started out at 15 down in South Omaha, at a snooker hall run by a nice black guy, Lightning Johnson. On a hot summer afternoon, my friend and I brought our 20 ounce Ball jars round back of Lightnings place, way in the back, and he would fill us up for a nickel, with free refills. That stuff then was Falstaff, which has since soured. Now it is Miller LITE, but it used to be like many of you like, stout, and particularly Guiness Stout, and also red wine. But in the later years, they give me the gout, and put me off my feet for weeks, SOOOO, it's only Miller LITE.
 I'd give a nickel for Lightning Johnson's days.

Randy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top