Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2001 7:52:10 PM EDT
WHY DO YOU FEEL YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK JUNK ABOUT CORRECTION OFFICERS. THAT'S MY TITLE, NOT GUARD. A GUARD IS SOMEONE THAT WORKS IN A MALL.I TOOK AN OATH WHEN I JOINED THE SHERRIF'S DEPT. SAME AS WHEN I JOINED THE ARMY.I DO A SERIOUS JOB. A POLICE OFFICER MAY SPEND AN HOUR OR TWO WITH HIS PERP THEN HE DROPS HIM IN OUR LAP.WE SPEND EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY WITH THE PERPS. AS FOR BEING STUPID I TOOK THE SUFFOLK COUNTY POLICE EXAM IN 1996 AND SCORED 100%.THE REASON I DIDN'T TAKE THE JOB IS BECAUSE IT WOULD'VE BEEN A CUT IN PAY.     YEAH MAYBE I AM STUPID, BECAUSE I DO A THANKLESS JOB THAT MOST PEOPLE WOULDNT DO,AND ONE THE PUBLIC DOES NOT APPRECIATE. I GET OFFENDED WHEN SOMEONE LIKE YOURSELF DECIDES HE'S GONNA TALK JUNK ABOUT MY PROFESSION.I HATE MY JOB,I REALLY DO. BUT I CONTINUE TO DO IT DAY IN AND DAY OUT. WITHOUT US HOW SAFE WOULD YOU REALLY BE??? WAIT A MINUTE I KNOW QCMGR HAS GOT A GREAT IDEA, LET'S CLOSE ALL THE CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES AND LET ALL THE CRIMINALS OUT. I MEAN US GUARDS ARE JUST STUPID ANYWAYS RIGHT. YEAH WE'LL SAVE THE TAXPAYERS SOME MONEY RIGHT? AFTER ALL THESE CRIMINALS ARE JUST MISUNDERSTOOD VICTIMS OF SOCIETY, IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT THEY KEEP COMMITING CRIMES. OH BY THE WAY I KNOW I DONT CORRECT ANYBODY BEHIND THE WALLS BUT MAYBE I CAN CORRECT YOU!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Turnkey;

Chill dude, it is just my opinion.  You’re right, it is a shitty job.  Am I glad you do it?  No, I wish you could pursue a vocation that is more to your liking.  I have an undergraduate degree in Criminology.  (I  have a Master degree in a different field). I had the same job options you have.  It is miserable work, I just wish people would recognize it and leave it at that.  I had my turn with the field of law enforcement and corrections.  I hated it; everyone in the business hated it.  You are exposed to things that normal people never experience, and it diminishes each of us.  Yes I bashed your profession.  I wish you did not have to do it.  Everyone needs a job.  I understand that.  All I ask is to call a spade a spade.  I know it sucks, you can’t correct people.  I just get pissed when people in the field make it sound like more than it is.  I feel the same about LE.  People in your profession pontificate about the sacrifice.  I say, do something else.  I did and I am happier for it.  

As far as criminals, we should look at Pareto’s law, i.e. the chronic 20% of criminals commit 80% of crime.  Lock the f-ckers up and loose the key.  Make people who commit property crimes make restitution, treat drug addicts.  Keep violent offenders in lockdown  (the Penitentiary model) and execute sex offenders.  Return policing to the people and remember, “ an armed society is a polite society”

Again I stand by my opinion, you know the old saying.  Don’t let my bullshit views diminish anyone on a personal level.

Happy shooting,

QCMGR
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]
QCMGR,I APOLOGIZE.I GUESS I WAS BLOWING OFF SOME STEAM..YOUR RESPONSE TO MY MESSAGE WAS VERY WELL PUT.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top