Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/11/2005 5:31:25 AM EDT
Yep, I just bought one of the cheap knockoff Aimpoint replicas from Ebay. We'll see how well it works. I bought it for $80. Here is the auction:

Auction

I just don't see the point in paying $500 + for a scope. I could buy another rifle for that price! So, go ahead! Flame away!

Kris

RANGE REPORT
This thing seemed to work almost flawlessly. The only problem I had was the pin holding the rear lense cover on started to back out a bit. I pushed it back in and didn't have any more problems with it. The scope seems to keep zero very well. I put about 250 rounds through it. I think the seller now has them for an even lower buy it now price. IMHO, it's well worth the money!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#1]
... and down the road, people will be able to remember the old board, "It all started with a single air50ft ad banner"...  That's what they'll say.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#4]
No flames, you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 5:46:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It will give you bad breath and intermittent eczema.

I'll just buy a generic drug for it. Can't afford brand name.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#6]
No flame here, interested in your evaluation after you use it for a while.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 5:53:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No flame here, interested in your evaluation after you use it for a while.

I plan to do a full report on it. I'll let everyone know if it's garbage or not.

Kris
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#8]
HMMMM Ill have to get one and see if it will survive my 460 WbyMag!?
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought about getting one for my 10/22. I currently have a $30 BSA on it and would like a descent red dot that doesn't cost over $100.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I recently bought a Leatherwood 30mm red dot for my AR for around 60 bucks. Fit and finish were nice and seems to hold zero well, although I've only shot a couple hundred rounds with it. There are two models in the Bushmaster catalog, although I got mine from riflescopes.com for $20 less.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
they are not horrible sites but they are not aimpoints by a longshot. i have a tacpoint II on my storm and it has done fairly well.

I don't think this is a Tacpoint, but I hope it ends up being a good buy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#12]
You got ripped off.

There's a knock-off of the knock-off now for less $$

Quoted:
Yep, I just bought one of the cheap knockoff Aimpoint replicas from Ebay. We'll see how well it works. I bought it for $80. Here is the auction:

Should go well on your AirSoft.

[I just don't see the point in paying $500 + for a scope. I could buy another rifle for that price! So, go ahead! Flame away!

Kris

Yep, some folks don't get it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
you get what you pay for.

yup
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Why waste the money on a real girl?

www.tomheroes.com/images/inflatable_doll.JPG

Well, for the price you pay for a real Aimpoint, it better suck your...nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:53:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, for the price you pay for a real Aimpoint, i better suck your...nevermind.

You what my what???

Ooops! Now I'm really going to get flamed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Hmm... For the price I paid for my aimpoint, it ought to perform sexual favours upon me...

Oh wait! It does!
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Cool, as long as your just useing it for fun and plinking.

there's a reason troops in Iraq aren't useing $60.00 scopes.

they won't hold up to abuse andWILL fail when you need them most. not much chance of you losing your life when your just shooting paper targets that don't shoot back.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

they won't hold up to abuse andWILL fail when you need them most. not much chance of you losing your life when your just shooting paper targets that don't shoot back.

Enjoy!

No huh?  Better tell that to the guy who did a positve post Iraqi deployment briefing on his usage with a Leapers T168!
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#24]
well then he was both brave and foolish at the same time to risk not only his life but the lives of his fellow soldiers...not someone I would want backing me up in a fire fight. at least not with HIS  weapon
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Shop rat. I may be off but I think  those scopes are like $45 new.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Wondering how it holds up!
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Wondering how it holds up!

This thread?   or the scope?
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#28]
tag for range report
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, for the price you pay for a real Aimpoint, i better suck your...nevermind.

You what my what???

It depends, is there any chance you're a hot chick?

Nope, but I do have boobs. (hairy boobs.)
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Got a link by chance?
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Tag.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You what my what???

They would be Moobs then!
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You what my what???

They would be Moobs then!

Or Hoobs  
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#34]
No flames, you've suffered enough.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
No flames, you've suffered enough.  

Sadly, I did it to myself. Guess I'll have to check spelling before I post.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Not a flame, but was wondring if you know what the truly 'special-ness' of the aimpoint is? This feature is the difference between an Aimpoint and any other reddot scope and as such is the reason why the increased cost. If you do not know the feature that makes an Aimpoint so very good, then you would not see the value in paying additional money for it.

The reason why I have an aimpoint instead of another reddot is due to the absence of parallax in the tube. This means that the dot will float in the tube and even if the shooter has the aiming eye off center of the bore axis of the weapon, if the dot is on the target, the weapon will hit there. On cheaper reddots, the point does not float in the tube and as such, the shooter must have their aiming eye on axis of the bore for the dot to be reliable.

This feature allows both eyes open shooting. Aimpoint is still the only company to offer a parallax free reddot...so, there you go.

Thanks, I did not know that. Either way, this scope should work good for just plinking and F'ing around. Again, I'll give a full range report on it when I get it.

Kris
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Auction

I just don't see the point in paying $500 + for a scope. I could buy another rifle for that price! So, go ahead! Flame away!

Kris

How do these companies get away with an identical Aimpoint copy, yet NcStar gets sued over Trijicon copy violations?
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Auction

Kris

How do these companies get away with an identical Aimpoint copy, yet NcStar gets sued over Trijicon copy violations?

Simple. Made in China.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Enjoy!

No huh?  Better tell that to the guy who did a positve post Iraqi deployment briefing on his usage with a Leapers T168!

Many and perhaps most of the troops in Iraq could get by with a generic optic. It's only a relative few would abuse them enough to fail. So if you sent 10 cheapies to Iraq you could well get 9 out of 9 positive reviews.
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#41]
OK, I just got it today! So far, it looks great. It's all aluminum construction. The dot has 5 brightness settings and the front lens has the ruby coating. (At least it looks like it does.) Another member has one of these (If he wants to stay anonymous he can) and likes it so far. He said it is a good plinking scope. It’s definitely not an Aimpoint, but it is worth the $90 IMHO so far. I will give an update on it after I sight it in and put some rounds through it. Here are some pics of it on my gun:

This is on the carry handle mount he included with it

This is with the caps open

The camera flash floods the ruby color of the lens, but you can somewhat see it.

Kris
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Interested to see how it performs a the range. Still hard to beat old iron sights to me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Interested to see how it performs a the range.

Probably do fine at the range.

I guess if you'll never take your weapon gun anywhere else.........
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I have had one for about a year and its working great.  Smae battery too.  If my life depended on it every day of the year, I'd shell out the extra on an aimpont, but so far, this Tacpoint style sight is working fine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Hi Guys,
Well, I do have an aimpoint. And its one of the best red dot scopes I have ever had. I also purchased the same scope off of ebay and it does just as well as my aimpoint. Its  parallax free too. I wont be using night vision with it and I wont be going under water with it either. I paid 103 bucks for mine. It has seen well over 3K rounds with no issues at all. So if you arent going into battle today I would say for the shooter on a budget. It will work. The scope in this email will work just as good. Oh Ya, It has never lost its accuracy either. So to be honest. My aimpoint has servered me no better at this point. If we were to break out in a war. Yes. I would use the aimpont first becasue its been tested in combat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow!  Mounting that thing on top of a carry handle makes it REALLY high.

Lookin forwoard to seeing how it shoots.
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got a link by chance?

I would like to see that link for that replica at $45 also WildBoar
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

only $10
SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/18/2005 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Make sure you know which end goes forward.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top