Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2005 5:01:45 PM EDT
I searched on it and couldn't find a dupe, I will be very surprised if this doesn't already have a thread though...

http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=6168

[edit]

I forgot to say fuck these assholes.

[edit again]

This was an April 1st "press release".   I'm sure they wish like hell it was true, though.  My favorite part is where they link killing animals with being homicidal.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]

For Immediate Release:
April 1, 2005

Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

For Immediate Release:
April 1, 2005

You are correct, HOWEVER, this sort of means that hunting is therapy for my "condition," I wonder if I can get my medical insurance to cover a new savage 110FP
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

For Immediate Release:
April 1, 2005

Yeah, that's why I said "press release".
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#5]
that is quite possibly the stupidest thing i have ever read.

You know they are stretching for attention when......
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow! I can't believe they'd sink to that level! I almost feel sorry for them! That is one of the most pathetic smear attempts I've ever read! I mean that is pathetic in a classical sense. How long has that tactic for smearing enemies been around? Probably only about 5,000 years

Any credibility they ever had wasn't helped by that!

Thanks Defcon.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
haha what a bunch of idiots. Putting out that article will just show everyone how low they are. Like people are actually going to beleive it?
I thought size didnt matter anyway? so what are they getting at?
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]
That's kinda true.  I notice that when my dick swells up and gets big I don't want to hunt anymore.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, the very day somebody says that to my face, I am filing the biggest sexual harrasement suit you've ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's kinda true.  I notice that when my dick swells up and gets big I don't want to hunt anymore.

I am the exact opposite, I hunt beaver when the Airman Basic stands at attention.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Note the date.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I went to the Organization's website, interestingly most of the links on it dont work, but the do have a phone number 504-213-0938 I called to see if they could send me info, they just had a message which called their organization by the wrong name. Im calling back to tell them I'm head of PETA at my school and to ask for them to send me info.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I love shooting rabbits and I'm hung like a horse - maybe I could do a study with some of those hippy chicks at PETA ?

On second thoughts, fuck that, they are hairy armpitted <Removed> who look like Mick Mc Manus with tits.

Why don't we do a study on how opponents of People Eating Tasty Animals are allergic to soap ?
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For Immediate Release:
April 1, 2005

You are correct, HOWEVER, this sort of means that hunting is therapy for my "condition," I wonder if I can get my medical insurance to cover a new savage 110FP

Link Posted: 4/4/2005 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Note the date.

Still dosn't help their credibility. This will just make people look for a joke in everything they publish.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a bad joke.  Nothing more.  It is the kind of thing these people find hilarious amongst their own.

It does little good to argue with them.  They are zealots.  It is like arguing with anyone that has a deep seated belief system be it a fundamentalist, a NeoCon, an anti gun crusader or the like.  People like to devise ways to look at issues in a very black and white manner.  I think it makes them feel secure and righteous or something.  Logic has little sway over belief.  Not having to ponder, question or think is a great luxury.

I have known a few people who are PETA zealots.  Basically they have all been nice sweet people.  They are, however, trapped in their system of belief and have absolutely no room for the reality maps of others.  It literally does not fit within their doctrine that someone could enjoy firearms.  It is a source of trepidation and disgust that one could hunt and then, gasp, eat the meat.  That's where these suggestions of ridicule come from in my opinion.  If someone actually likes to do something that they find so appalling there must be something inherently wrong with them.  Hence the joke.

Many of these folks seem to be just young, naive and from an urban environment.  They have pretty much learned and live the Bambi Syndrome.  Hopefully some day they will reach a more liberal point of view in their thinking and accept that perhaps the point of view the espouse is good for them but not necessarily good for others.  They sure can be irksome in the meantime.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Believe it or not, the whole argument is one I heard in the mid to late 60s by this liberal art teacher that taught in my HS.

Seems history is repeating itself.

It was a crock then, it's a crock now.

Link Posted: 4/4/2005 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#18]
as AeroE said check the date.
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the "Diminutive Male Genitalia Research Organization" should have given it away.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2005 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#20]
WE killed the site

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.dwgd.com Port 80

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error Date: April 1, 2005 21:09:28 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.10 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top