Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2005 2:46:20 AM EDT
OK, the Bunny Hunt thread got me thinking.  I personally have NO problem with posting pics on the internet of your successful hunts.  Whether it be of rabbits, deer, fish, groundhogs, etc.  As long as it is LEGAL, I say post away.

But some of you guys have your panties in a wad about this.  You think it would "hurt" our image and be used as fodder by the anti-gunners.

I think that no matter WHAT we do, the anti-gunners will find a way (even if it means Photoshopping, or staging their own pics) to villify us.

So I think we need MORE pics of real men and women doing what men and women have been doing for thousands of years - hunting and controlling pests for the betterment of the species.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I like pie!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:59:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So I think we need MORE pics of real men and women doing what men and women have been doing for thousands of years - hunting and controlling pests for the betterment of the species.

Thoughts?

I couldn't agree with you more.... just don't look like a blood thirsty psychopath while doing it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:09:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OK, the Bunny Hunt thread got me thinking.  I personally have NO problem with posting pics on the internet of your successful hunts.  Whether it be of rabbits, deer, fish, groundhogs, etc.  As long as it is LEGAL, I say post away.

But some of you guys have your panties in a wad about this.  You think it would "hurt" our image and be used as fodder by the anti-gunners.

I think that no matter WHAT we do, the anti-gunners will find a way (even if it means Photoshopping, or staging their own pics) to villify us.

Thoughts?

I agree with you 100%

PETA and the Gun Grabbers hate shooters anyway… nothing we say or do will convince them we are all anything other than sadistic, homocidal maniacs…

Some of the people here sound just like the numpty's that bitch at me down the range for shooting at Fig 11 NATO targets because it 'gives the wrong impression of shooters'…

ANdy
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:23:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Men have photographed the results of their successful hunts for years. This post didn't bother me, hell if you can shoot that many rabbits in one night, you are over run with them! The photos of that post simply reflect the age & metality of the participants, you wouldn't get the same thing from someone 50 years old. So, big deal.

As for Brady, PETA, & HSUS, sure they could/will use the photos. Depending on the copyright terms of this board & the photo taker. Hell, VPC wrote a big report called "Vote from the Rooftops" based on one such internet posted picture. Just part of it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I
Some of the people here sound just like the numpty's that bitch at me down the range for shooting at Fig 11 NATO targets because it 'gives the wrong impression of shooters'…

ANdy

You got them too huh? We have a local range that doesn't permit silhouette targets of any kind, you cannot wear camo of any kind, got more rules than the UN. It's a wonder they don't have some outlined shooting protocol, but I'm certain they are working on it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]
One range around here now does not allow you to stand up to shoot!  Even handguns shooting has to be done while sitting down - ugh.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:35:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I feel posting hunt photos is fine, but for our image we need to keep lots of blood and guts off the screen.  Too much B.S. crap like accident pics and such. Or put a graphic warning on the title. I do hunt , but many others don't and it may turn em off from even considering hunting.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:35:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Your thoughts on posting hunt/varmint elimination pics?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ 10 ]  The more blood the better!  [ 66.67% ]
[ 3 ]  Only if "tastefully" done.  [ 20% ]
[ 1 ]  I don't want to see it, but no biggie.  [ 6.67% ]
[ 1 ]  I think it is a bad idea for our image.  [ 6.67% ]
[ 1 ]  Sarah Brady and PETA told me it was naughty.  [ 6.67% ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Votes :: 15

Bloodthirsty! I like it!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Pretty interesting results so far.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#10]
By tastefully, do you mean like the guy licking the rabbit, because I liked it!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:38:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Grammer nazi:  We hunt the "pest" to better the "pest"?  Why in God's name do you want to make a better pest.  Silly person.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a video clip of a rat that I shot last summer with my Glock 19. That nasty thing is as big as the gun. I didn't eat it though! He was trespassing at the shooting range that I am a member of. Hell if I let some rat go there for nothing when I pay my dues every year!

Seriously, post all the pics of your game/varmints or whatever, but do it tastefully. The first time I see a pic of a cat or dog that was killed because it "came in my yard" will be the last time I post here.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#13]
If you can post without making hunters look like jackholes - the bloodier the better.

Otherwise, some photos are best left contained within the tight circle of your high school friends.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've got a video clip of a rat that I shot last summer with my Glock 19. That nasty thing is as big as the gun. I didn't eat it though! He was trespassing at the shooting range that I am a member of. Hell if I let some rat go there for nothing when I pay my dues every year!

Seriously, post all the pics of your game/varmints or whatever, but do it tastefully. The first time I see a pic of a cat or dog that was killed because it "came in my yard" will be the last time I post here.

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I couldn't give a shit what Sarah Brady and her ilk think about anything.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I couldn't give a shit what Sarah Brady and her ilk think about anything.

BIG +1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top