Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 4:22:15 PM EDT
... You guys gotta ask OP what he and T-Man BOTH did at the gun show this weekend ...

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You little fart.

And you accuse me of not being able to keep my mouth shut.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn ... nobody ?

OK, I'll tell ya ...

So OP, T-Man and me goes to the gun show in Houston. We pays our money, walk in and right off the bat ... OP sees this cool looking knife on a table. It "looks like" a side opening automatic folder ...

So OP pushes the button and instead of opening from the side, the blade shoots straight out the bottom of the thing and lays his hand wide open!

OP yells Holy Smoke ! (OP rarely curses) and T-Man asked him what happened.

So OP tells him the deal and T-Man ... (an engineer) ... calls      

T-Man then picks up the knife and proceeds to do the EXACT SAME THING !!!

So here I am with these two highly educated, middle aged, amateur ballisticians ... bleeding allover the damn gun show and we ain't made it down the first aisle yet.

Being the astute firearms instructor I am ... I put a band aid out of my wallet on 'em both to try and stem the bleeding but they were bleeding so bad that they ended up having to get the paramedic girl to look at 'em before we left. T-Man looked like he came out of a burn ward with the gauze he had on his hand.

Always somethin' with those two ...

They were asking me to help them with the next Box O Truth experiment ...

I just dunno.

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, you're gonna pay.

I'm calling your wife tomorrow.  You're gonna get it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Haahaha, BRILLIANCE!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
LOL World's oldest 13 year olds.

Doggonit!  It was a trick knife!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#7]
OMG

This made me laugh so loud the neihbors are wondering what happened.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#8]
OK ! OK !  I'M LYING GUYS ... I MADE IT ALL UP I SWEAR !!!

NO DON'T ... NOT THE WIFE OP !!!! Please God, don't let him ... not the wife.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Being the astute firearms instructor I am ... I put a band aid out of my wallet on 'em both to try and stem the bleeding but they were bleeding so bad that they ended up having to get the paramedic girl to look at 'em before we left.  

It was a ruse to get some attention from the paramedic girl.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Must be old folks...my father-in-law did almost the exact same thing with a heavily sprung side opening Boker. It opened with so much force that it spun out of his hand and sliced up his middle finger.

They paged me over the intercom (I'm thinking "who the heck knows me here?!?!") and called the paramedics.

Not a bad enough injury to take the ambulance so he called a cab (my wife was taking a ccw class and he didn't want to pull her out just to go to the hospital) and gave me $50 to go back and buy the knife.

They put 5 stitches in, but the funniest thing was when i went back to buy the knife from the dealer he looked worried and said "Man I don't know how that happened but I don't have a lot of insurance..".

I think he was pretty surprised when I told him that he didn't want to sue, he just wanted the knife!

<beavis>heh-heh....Old people...heh-heh</beavis>
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Being the astute firearms instructor I am ... I put a band aid out of my wallet on 'em both to try and stem the bleeding but they were bleeding so bad that they ended up having to get the paramedic girl to look at 'em before we left.  

It was a ruse to get some attention from the paramedic girl.

She was kinda cute.  And just my type.  About 50 years old.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Now THERE ... is an oxymoron.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#13]
thats funny, two in a row.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
thats funny, two in a row.....

It wasn't that funny Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Now that's funny!

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Wonder how many of those cheap knives stacked together a .408 CheyTac 419 gr. would penetrate ...

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#18]
well post a pic of the knife
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Hell Kamikazi ... I never even got to see the thing.

I was too busy playing ER and didn't even get a look at it. They put the thing down like a hot frying pan.  

Both of them left muttering about never picking up another knife at a gun show ever again ...
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Oh, you're gonna pay.

I'm calling on your wife tomorrow.  You're She's gonna get it.

Is that what you meant?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

OP yells Holy Smoke ! (OP rarely curses) and T-Man asked him what happened.

So OP tells him the deal and T-Man ... (an engineer) ... calls      

T-Man then picks up the knife and proceeds to do the EXACT SAME THING !!!

"Hey, he's cut and bleeding. Although, I don't think he cut himself with the knife. OH, I KNOW, I'LL DO THE EXACT SAME THING AS HE DID!"

Um...perhaps T-Man will be a little more trusting of OP from now on.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Reminds me of something that happened to my mother and sister.

We had just bought a new silverware set. Each item is wrapped in plastic. My sister pushes a butter knife out of the plastic, slicing her hand and bleeds everywhere. My mother says "WTF it's a butter knife you cant cut yourself with a butter knife" and then commences to grab another butter knife to show her how to open it and then does exactly the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now THERE ... is an oxymoron.  

Not about that post. Joking, I would have done it, too I bet. Now T-Man. That is a different story.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#24]
It happens to the best of us.

At the worst time of course.
When someone else is watching.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
well post a pic of the knife wound

There, that's better.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Let me guess, both engineers of some sort?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:29:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Nah ... 1 Engineer and 1 HR guy. You guys can probably figure out which is which.

I'm just there to keep the peace although they say I drive too fast.

My driving hasn't made them bleed yet ... well maybe a little on the brain from some Gs I pulled once downtown ... but I am a trained professional.

They NEED to worry about those damn knives!

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Ok no funny auto knife story, but pretty good "I wanna crawl into a hole and die" story.  A little bit before 11 Sept, I was having my usual busy day at work, and I got a last minuite call to look at something in the cabin of a MD-11 getting ready to depart.  I forget what the exact call was, but it was some BS deal because I had my head down and muttering.  Anyways, as I'm walking to the back of the plane at full speed, the center overhead bin right at where First and coach meet was down.  I never saw it, and walked into it full speed.  Next thing I know I have a couple of paramedics waking me up as I'm still trying to shake of getting cocked right in the temple.  I never got to look at what ever was broken, and walked back into the line room and asked what the delay was about.  I told my lead it was a violent flight attendant who decided to leave something hanging right at temple level for someone who's 6'3"
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#32]
I can relate. I (an engineer) was at the Texas State Fair and saw this demo of these Ginsu type kitchen knives. It seemed like a good deal, so I bought a set.

I was standing on the steps just outside the building when I had to open up my bag to look at my latest toys.

Were they really as sharp as they looked in the demo ??

Yep...cut my $#@! thumb wide open, bleeding all over the steps as my girlfriend laughed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#33]
I hope no trigger fingers were injured.

<---anxiously awaiting the next BOT installment.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Be glad it wasn't a balisong (butterfly knife) or there would be some missing fingers.  The evilly sharp ones from Benchmade really hurt sometimes.    MJD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top