Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 1:56:28 PM EDT
By Rush Limbaugh:

"I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?

However, our own U.S. Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system.

If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting."
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, being from OK I was really embarassed to see some of the OKC survivors bitching and moaning that they all should get $millions too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Rush is good at pointing this stuff out.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Rush had a great idea yesterday that Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig should convene a hearing into why the government has spent all the Social Security money.  That would be something EVERYONE would be interested in.  Yep, too busy, lame, tired, unmotivated, or better yet TOO LATE to fix SS, so we'll fix BASEBALL.  Thanks you idiots.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not usually a Limbaugh fan but I completely agree with this.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Rush had a great idea yesterday that Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig should convene a hearing into why the government has spent all the Social Security money.  That would be something EVERYONE would be interested in.  Yep, too busy, lame, tired, unmotivated, or better yet TOO LATE to fix SS, so we'll fix BASEBALL.  Thanks you idiots.

How about we have congress lead the way with drug testing? Who gives a shit what ball players do compared to people who have the power to make laws and raise taxs.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
By Rush Limbaugh:

"I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?

However, our own U.S. Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system.

If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting."

DITTO'S Rush....
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]
at the risk of sounding like a complete asshole terrorist un American POS, why did we pay off the families anyway?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
at the risk of sounding like a complete asshole terrorist un American POS, why did we pay off the families anyway?

I don't think life insurance will pay if it was an act of war and the OKC bombing was just a crime, but that is still too much money.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Rush Is Right!

That's the only way to say it.

Eric The(Dittohead)Hun

Ditto
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think life insurance will pay if it was an act of war and the OKC bombing was just a crime, but that is still too much money.

Some life insurance will not pay off for acts of war, this is why .mil has SGLI (Service Group Life Insurance) so that they are covered if they buy the farm.

OKC survivors started grumbling when the WTC families got huge payouts from the .gov for their losses (not businesses, but loved ones).  I am not wuite certain why the government was paying for this, but there you go . . . dominoe effect.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I know its easy to say, but if I had lost someone in an attack on civilian targets, I wouldnt accept any money from the government to compensate for my losses....under any circumstance. I work, and I dont need their money. Nothing can bring back a lost love one, and their money isnt going to make my life any easier.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with anyone that cashed one of those checks...every person has their reasons for what they do, and I am certainly not challenging any of them...but I wouldnt take money.

That being said, a better benefit program should be in place for the families left behind of soldiers.
Unlike the victims of attacks (read: civilians), these guys spend their time trying to make the country safer for us, and our families. I would never spare the cream for a US soldier...never have, never will....they come first in my book, and it will always be that way. Instead of throwing millions of dollars at liberal programs that do nothing, how about spending it taking care of the people that take care of us?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top