Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 11:46:37 AM EDT
I skip the soap and stuff.

I go straight for the "Do Not Disturb" signs.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]

I figure the disposable things you use are yours to take (whatever's left).  I don't think the DND signs are disposable!

Jim
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I take the drapes and the painting over the bed.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]
None.

I just don't need any more crap.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
walk the halls looking for "the cart".
steal soap and towles off the cart.  never from the room because they charge you (for the towels).  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The GF always scams the soaps and shampoos, I take ONE face towel, the like 18" X 10" ones, for shop towels around the house.

ETA: I've NEVER been charged for a towel, from ANY hotel. From the cheapest to Bellagio and Luxor or the Mark Hopkins in SF.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I travel a lot for work.  I take all of the soap, shampoo, razors, sewing kits, etc. always.

Around Christmas I get some small brown grocery sacks and load up each one with some soap, shampoo, etc and take them to a local womens shelter.  I don't think Westin and Mariott mind too much....
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep the room key cards. This job has given me a large stack.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#8]
None.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thats one of two commandments I have not broken.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't need a "do not disturb" sign, so that stays. I take the small soaps and stuff though for my survival kit. And also the coffee. Personally, I don't take stuff unless I or someone else I know that can use it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Ditto on the disposables.  Only took the Do Not disturb sign once.  I was in a hotel in New York City, and they obviously had a sense of humor.  Instead of the normal "do not disturb"...this hotel had door hangers that said....

ready?

"FUHGETTABOUTIT"

I took that one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Key Cards, Remote control for the TV, and if it's attached to the nightstand, the nightstand goes too, TV, A/C unit, Showerhead, Toiletseat, bed, Faucets etc etc.
I pretty much leave only the disposable items, such as soap, shampoo etc.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#12]
usually the shoe shine kit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#13]
All one-use items. (uh oh, I'm posting from a hotel room right now, I bet they wont give me extra soap now...)

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I leave it all. Don't need any of their stuff. Got enough crap of my own.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Key Cards, Remote control for the TV, and if it's attached to the nightstand, the nightstand goes too, TV, A/C unit, Showerhead, Toiletseat, bed, Faucets etc etc.

You forgot the bible thats usually in the nightstand. Nothing like a free bible.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#16]

None.

Thou shalt not steal.

Gee, only two?

I usually get the soap or lotions for my wife. If they are decent ones. Its paid for with the room anyway.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Soaps
Shampoos
Sewing kits
Shoe cloth
Icebucket
Glasses
Towels
Showerhead
Faucet fixtures
Iron
Drapes
Pens
Notepads
Phonebook
Bible
Television
Minibar fridge, leave the booze (their prices are HORRIBLE!)
Sheets
Bedspread
Alarm clock
Pillows
Lamps
Hotel Directory Binder

MINE!  IT'S ALL MINE!  MINE MINE MINE!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

None.

Thou shalt not steal.

Gee, only two?

I usually get the soap or lotions for my wife. If they are decent ones. Its paid for with the room anyway.

Yep, the other 8 are history
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#19]
The maids. Unfortunately, the last 3 suffocated before I got home. I could REALLY use some help with my windows.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#20]

As an experiment, I wonder how long it would take the Guideons to replace a bible in a hotel room.  I have *never* been in a hotel room that didn't have one.

I half figure that if you took the bible out of the room, a Guideon would meld out of the wall like the T2000 in Terminator 2, open the drawer, drop in a new bible, and then meld back into the wall.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Consumables soap, shampoo etc.  but only on multi night road trips.  You never know when the next room will be poorly equiped.  Towels is thieve'n.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#22]
If I know I'm going to a nice notel that might have quality showerheads (like real brass Speakmans) I've been known to travel with a crescent wrench.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I won't get into some of the things guest's leave behind.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Nothing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Do tell
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
As an experiment, I wonder how long it would take the Guideons to replace a bible in a hotel room.  I have *never* been in a hotel room that didn't have one.

I half figure that if you took the bible out of the room, a Guideon would meld out of the wall like the T2000 in Terminator 2, open the drawer, drop in a new bible, and then meld back into the wall.

I always take the bible...................Isn't that why the Guideons leave it?  As a gift?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do tell

Please?????????????/
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#28]
The magic fingers bed
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I travel a lot for work.  I take all of the soap, shampoo, razors, sewing kits, etc. always.

Around Christmas I get some small brown grocery sacks and load up each one with some soap, shampoo, etc and take them to a local womens shelter.  I don't think Westin and Mariott mind too much....

Our squadron has a high TDY rate.  We collect all of the soap and stuff and dump it in a box.  When the box is full, it goes to a nearby shelter for homeless veterans.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You forgot the bible thats usually in the nightstand. Nothing like a free bible.

There's more than a little irony in stealing a bible...it is funny how those damn gideons beat me to every hotel room
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#31]
The only thing that I take away from a hotel room that I didn't take in with me is the receipt.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Shhhh. You'll let out the secret.

I think something more sinister is at foot. I once took the hotel Bible to dinner to read since I was by myself. When I got back to the room there was a NEW REPLACEMENT Bible in the dresser. Pretty freaky.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shhhh. You'll let out the secret.

I think something more sinister is at foot. I once took the hotel Bible to dinner to read since I was by myself. When I got back to the room there was a NEW REPLACEMENT Bible in the dresser. Pretty freaky.

No way!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#34]
only the stuff you're expceted to take or use up
soap, shampoo, etc
although on my last hotel stay the shampoo bottle had obviously been used and refilled so I used my own that I had brought with me
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#35]
I take end tables as a way of honoring Dr Gonzo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I take bars of soap and drink the coffee from the coffee machine, sugar, carnation creamer
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#37]
The maid
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Don't forget to leave a tip for the maid(s).  My wife worked in Housekeeping at a resort hotel.  A couple of bucks goes a long ways if you need extra towels to take to the pool or whatever.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#40]
The soaps and shampoo bottles are intended for you to take with you. If you don't, most hotels throw them out since they can't use partially used shampoos and they don't want to give people soap another person may have rubbed all over their body.

Everything else, including signs, ashtrays, furniture, bedding, etc. stays where it is.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I leave everything unless I don't have a spare soap/shampoo in my travel kit. Occassionally I'll get a room without soap or something and I use my spare then I replace it on the next stay somewhere.  Other than that I leave it all.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't take anything anymore, but aren't items like the soap there for you to use? If they don't mind you using them, why would they care if you take them?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't take any of it.  It's way too much fun to throw all that shit at people in the pool.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#44]
soap, shampoo.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top