Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 9:34:16 AM EDT
All these scumbags should pay for everything they did. Ken lay is next.

www.cbc.ca/cp/business/050315/b031576.html
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Years ago, I used to work for MCI/Systemhouse under Bernie Ebbers, and at a compnay townhall meeting, the presenters were constantly harping about meeting their Wall Street numbers to keep their stock prices high. Their competitors were quit baffled how Ebbers were meeting those numbers, they figure that something was up, but could not quite figure out what. Now the truth come out, he was cooking the books. The guy is as guilty as sin.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I believed Ebbers was guilty.  I'm not so sure about Lay.  What's the evidence against him other than the press wants to smear Bush vicariously through sending his friend Kenny to the pokie?  I see Enron as inspired by some folks slightly lower on the power curve than Lay.  Criminally guilty, maybe.  Morally and ethically guilty, sure, he was just another guy that turned a blind eye to "unbelievably good results".
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#3]
All of thoseCEO, CFO and such should be locked up.

WoldCom. Tyco, Enron, Ahold. every single one of them
should feel the chill of the gray bar hotel.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Greed.  Pure and simple, but on a scale that most of us can't imagine.  Hope he rots in a cell for the lives he destroyed with a stroke of his pen and the wink of his eye to his subordinates.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]

What's the evidence against him other than the press wants to smear Bush vicariously through sending his friend Kenny to the pokie?

Lay was/ is a Friend of Bill and was so for many years before Bush was in office. The collapse just happened to be during Bush's tenure. Most of the illegalities happened during Clinton's reign tho.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Greed.  Pure and simple, but on a scale that most of us can't imagine.  Hope he rots in a cell for the lives he destroyed with a stroke of his pen and the wink of his eye to his subordinates.

Yep, agreed. Many people lost a lot. I personally lost all of my MCI stock that the company gave me during my tenure, that is only a few thousand dollars, compared to 10s of thousands of dollars for some people who have been there a long time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#7]
It is about time that a "white collar" criminal got nailed.  I guess he stays free while the appeals process takes place?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Being a former WorldCom/UUNet/CompuServe Advance Networks/etc. employee, I hope this POS gets stuffed in the ass in prison.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
All of thoseCEO, CFO and such should be locked up.

WoldCom. Tyco, Enron, Ahold. every single one of them
should feel the chill of the gray bar hotel.

Rich guys like that don't go to real jails. You know, the ones where the rest of us would go, and shortly be sodomized/assaulted. They go to country club jails, where the worst thing they have to worry about is not being allowed to use the tennis court, or running out of Grey Poupon.

Still, about 50 years sounds about right for a sentance.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
If he does any time, it will be at a camp like Martha Stewart. What a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
All these scumbags should pay for everything they did. Ken lay is next.

www.cbc.ca/cp/business/050315/b031576.html

Ken Lay might be next, but his crime looks like stupidity rather than intentional malfeasance.  For example, the whole time Ken Lay was telling people that Enron was such a great stock he was...also buying lots of Enron stock.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you guys read that special report about the InfoSpace fraud? It appears even the SEC took questionable actions in that case. The entire system is designed to defraud small investors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top