Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 8:10:35 AM EDT
I'm ashamed to admit, but yes I do have a few liberal friends. A also have a BAD case of BRD, and I am in the process of building my first AR. A couple of times, a few friends, who do not have BRD, saw some of my parts collecting for my first build. Their reaction is "WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT?!?!?!?!" Or, "WHAT IN THE WORLD DO YOU NEED A LASER FOR?!?!?!?!" Etc, Etc, Etc...

I'm not the quick-wittiest person around, but since I have a Yamaha YZF-R6, my response to these questions has been "I don't NEED a 170 mph sport-bike either, but it sure is fun to ride and just look at it and fondle in my garage." The only problem with that line is that I indeed break the law everytime I twist the throttle on my bike. But I certainly don't intend to break the law with my AR.

Their general first thoughts are that you are obviously planning on going postal some time in the near future.

I get a kick out of their reactions, but I was wondering if ya'll had any better comebacks or one-liners to tell your friends when they get shocked out of their minds to see such a hideous weapon?

Lay 'em on me!
Texez.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
When they ask why you need a semi-auto "assault weapon" that shoots fast tell them it is a personal choice and ask them why anyone would need to drive a Cadillac when a Yugo would do just fine.

Also, when they ask why anyone would need to buy ammo by the case and "stockpile" it, tell them that it's the same reason they go to Sams Club or Costco.  To get a good deal and save money you sometimes have to buy in quantity.

I can think or more but I'll let others add their inputs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#2]
"Your mom goes to college."
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
welfare rewards illegitimacy.

-HS
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
DUPE      link
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell them to "Fuck off!"

Find some new friends.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry for the double post.  My IE crashed when I hit the submit button and I assumed it didn't go through.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Because I can.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I pretty much say a few things in regards to the "why do you NEED THAT??" statements.

You don't need your <insert car/truck model here>.  A Yugo will get you from point A to point B just fine, won't it?

Because I CAN.  See, we're in America, where we are FREE.  

Ahh, I see you're one of those ignorant fucks who thinks our rights to own what we want to should be determined by someone else's idea of what we NEED.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Crazy Liberals: "What in the world do you need an assault rifle for?"

You: "What in the world do you need freedom of speech for?"

"What in the world do you need freedom of religion for?"

"What in the world do you need trial by jury for?"

Some things are just rights. We can't really explain why we need them, but we know that God has granted those rights to us for a very good reason, and it is entirely outside the authority of the federal, state, or local governments to infringe upon those rights.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]
To make the next Pol Pot/Hitler/Stalin think twice about exterminating innocent people.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#11]
"I dont think you should be able to own one of those!  You dont need it!"

"Well, I dont think you need freedom of speech, because I dont like your belief .  I dont think you need a house either, you can live in a public housing apartment.  Or a car for that matter, just ride the bus.  Oh, by the way, FOAD.  I learned to respect other peoples' choice a long time ago.  That is what an adult does - let me know when you grow up and figure it out."
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Guns cause crime like pencils cause misspelled words.

Guns cause crime like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns.

"If guns cause crime all of mine are defective." - Ted Nugent
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I dont have any liberal friends.

Sggtar15
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#15]
If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top