Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 4:01:55 PM EDT
Anyone know where that thread of that guy torture testing his glock is?
Cant find it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
This one? http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=13658
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
thats the one

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, for those of you who are contemplating the Glock torture test... please, just take GLOCK's word for it.  I have seen too many frames left neglected for too long, effectively making it into an expensive paperweight.  I had to drill out the pins on one frame that looked like utter shit.  So just rest assured, your Glock will perform as designed under 99.99% of the conditions that anyone will throw at it, but anything will fail if pushed hard enough.  So, save yourself the trouble that such actions can bring, especially if it involves sending the frame back to the factory to fix a frame that you negligently destroyed.  

Thus endeth my sermon.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Load magazine.

Apply eye and ear protection.

rack slide.

attempt to fire.  

Heheheh.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The rental Glock 17 at my now closed indoor range had 500,000 rounds on the original frame/slide. The slide cracked and was replaced and when the range closed it had 750,000 rounds and was functioning prefectly. The number of rounds fired is probably higher because people often smuggle in ammo from Wall-Mart etc. The number of rounds fired is only those that was purchased from the range.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Insert Mag.

Rack slide.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top